Gujarat Disturbed Area Act (Amendment) bill, 2020 approved by President Ram Nath Govind– Key Highlights. Ramnath kovind, The President of India, gave nod to the Gujarat Distributed Area act (Amendment) Bill 2019. This act will forbid transfer of assets that is the immovable property in disturbed areas. Also, it will guard the tenants from vacating the property.
- Gujarat prohibition of transfer of immovable property and provision for protection of tenants from eviction from premises in disturbed areas act 1991 is commonly referred to as Disturbed Areas act.
- The Main objective of this act is to stop polarization and to check attempts to cause “Demographic Imbalance.”
- The act will forbid sale of property from one religious community to another religious community in the disturbed areas.
- An area can be mentioned disturbed area by the district collector based on a history of communal riots in the area.
- The transfer of assets cannot be done without the approval of the district collector.
About Disturbed areas in Gujarat:
- Currently the disturbed area act is applicable to certain regions of Gujarat such as Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Surat, Himmatnagar, Godhra, Bharuch and kapadvanj.
- The act was first introduced in Ahmedabad in 1986 due to large scale and continuous riots in the City.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Which State government announced subsidy support for e-bike, e-rickshaw in September 2020? – Gujarat
- The Central Administrative Tribunals is passed in – 1985
- Which Article of Indian Constitution have the provision of CAT: Article 323A
- How much will the Gujarat State’s subsidy scheme provide for a battery-operated electric two-wheeler? – Rs. 24,000
- What is another name of the Council of States? – Rajya Sabha
- Which Article is related to the Money Bill and where it can be introduced? – Article 110, Lok Sabha
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|