GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Syllabus 2022 PDF Download: Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) is going to conduct the Exam for the Post of Assistant Engineer (Civil). The Exam Details will be informed by the Board soon. The Candidates going to give their Exams can check out the AE Exam Pattern and Syllabus Details here.
GPSC AE Civil Syllabus Details
|Board Name||Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC)|
|Post Name||Assistant Engineer (Civil)|
|Exam Date||29/01/2023 (Tentative)|
GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Selection Process:
The GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil will be appointed after the Process of Primary Test and Interview
GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Exam Pattern:
|Part-1 Preliminary Test||100 Marks||180 mins ( 3 Hours)|
GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Syllabus Topics:
- Geography of India-Physical, Economic, Social, Natural Resources and population-related topics- with special reference to Gujarat
- The cultural heritage of India-Literature, Art, Religion and Architecture with special reference to Gujarat
- History of India with special reference to Gujarat
- Indian Economy and Planning
- Indian Polity and the Constitution of India:
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Composition of Parliament
- Powers of the President of India
- Powers of Governor
- Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes of the society
- Attorney General
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Finance Commission
- Constitutional and Statutory Bodies: Election Commission of India, Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General; Central Vigilance Commission, Lokpal and Lokayukta, Central Information Commission
- General Mental Ability
- General Science, Environment and Information & Communication Technology
- Daily events of Regional, National and International Importance including Sports
Syllabus for the preliminary test for the recruitment on the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil), Class-II in Roads and Building Department
Marks – 200 Questions – 200 Medium – English
- Building Materials:Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminum, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates: Classification, properties and selection criteria; Cement: Types, Composition, Properties, Uses, Specifications and various Tests; Lime & Cement Mortars and Concrete: Properties and various Tests; Design of Concrete Mixes: Proportioning of aggregates and methods of mix design. Pre-cast and Pre-fabricating technology.
- Solid Mechanics:
Elastic constants, Stress, plane stress, Strains, plane strain, Mohr’s circle of stress and strain, Elastic theories of failure, Principal Stresses, Bending, Shear and Torsion.
- Structural Analysis:Basics of strength of materials, Types of stresses and strains, Bending moments and shear force, concept of bending and shear stresses; Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structures; Trusses, beams, plane frames; Rolling loads, Influence Lines, Unit load method & other methods; Free and Forced vibrations of single degree and multi degree freedom system; Suspended Cables; Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
- Design of Steel Structures:Principles of Limit State Methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry structures:Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases; Principles of pre-stressed concrete design including materials and methods; Earthquake resistant design of structures; Design of Masonry Structure.
- Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction – Planning, Equipment, Site investigation and Management including Estimation with latest project management tools and network analysis for different Types of works; Analysis of Rates of various types of works; Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition; Labour safety and welfare, maintenance and repair, Electrical layouts of simple buildings, Heat Ventilation and air conditioning , Fire safety.
- Building Construction Brick and stone masonry walls, types of masonry, cavity walls, reinforced brickwork, building services, detailing of floors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, doors and windows, finishing, formwork, ground water control techniques, cofferdams, functional planning of building, orientations of buildings, low cost housings.
- Flow of Fluids, Hydraulic Machines and Hydro Power:
(a) Fluid Mechanics, Open Channel Flow, Pipe Flow: Fluid properties; Dimensional Analysis and Modeling; Fluid dynamics including flow kinematics and measurements; Flow net; Viscosity, Boundary layer and control, Drag, Lift, Principles in open channel flow, Flow controls. Hydraulic jump; Surges; Pipe networks.
(b) Hydraulic Machines and Hydro power: Various pumps, Air vessels, Hydraulic turbines – types, classifications & performance parameters; Power house – classification and layout, storage, pondage, control of supply.
- Environmental Engineering:
- a) Water Supply Engineering: Sources, Estimation, quality standards and testing of water and their treatment; Rural, Institutional and industrial water supply; Physical, chemical and biological characteristics and sources of water, Pollutants in water and its effects, Estimation of water demand; Drinking water Standards, Water Treatment Plants, Water distribution networks.
- b) Waste Water Engineering: Planning & design of domestic waste water, sewage collection and disposal; Plumbing Systems. Components and layout of sewerage system; Planning & design of Domestic Waste-water disposal system; Sludge management including treatment, disposal and re-use of treated effluents; Industrial waste waters and Effluent Treatment Plants including institutional and industrial sewage management.
- Geo-technical Engineering and Foundation Engineering:
- a) Geo-technical Engineering: Soil exploration – planning & methods, Properties of soil, classification, various tests and interrelationships; Permeability & Seepage, Compressibility, consolidation and Shearing resistance, Earth pressure theories and stress distribution in soil; Properties and uses of geo- synthetics.
- b) Foundation Engineering: Types of foundations & selection criteria, bearing capacity, settlement analysis, design and testing of shallow & deep foundations; Slope stability analysis, earthen embankments, Dams and Earth retaining structures: types, analysis and design, Principles of ground modifications.
- Surveying and Geology:
- a) Surveying: Classification of surveys, various methodologies, instruments & analysis of measurement of distances, elevation and directions; Field astronomy, Global Positioning System; Map preparation; Photogrammetry; Remote sensing concepts; Survey Layout for culverts, canals, bridges, road/railway alignment and buildings, Setting out of Curves.
- b) Geology:Basic knowledge of Engineering geology & its application in projects.
- Transportation Engineering
Highways – Planning & construction methodology, Alignment and geometric design; Traffic Surveys and Controls; Principles of Flexible and Rigid pavements design. Different method of transport
Bridges – Fundamentals of Bridge Engineering, Bridge Site Investigations and Planning, Bridge Hydrology, Standards of Loadings for Bridge Design, Different Types of Bridges, Bridge Superstructure, Bearings and Substructure Design, Design of Bridge Foundations, Bridge Approaches, River Training Work & Protection Work, Methods of Bridge Construction, Inspection, Maintenance & Repair of Bridges, Testing of Bridges, Bridge Architecture.
- Road Safety Measures
- Civil Engineering in Gujarat- Important Buildings, Monuments and Construction- Historical as well as Modern. Important Reservoir-Its Storage, Catchment and Command Area, Technical features and important characteristics
- Current Trends and Recent Advancements in the Above Field
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|
The Exam Date for GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 29/01/2023 [Tentative]
The GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil will be appointed after the Process of Primary Tests and Interview
The Exam Duration for GPSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 is 180 mins