Govt of India launches 100-day campaign under Jal Jeevan Mission. The government of India launched 100-day campaign under Jal Jeevan Mission to supply piped water supply to schools and Anganwadi centres. This campaign was launched on the occasion of 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Jal Jeevan Ministry also conferred Swachh Bharat Awards in which Gujarat state secured the top position.
- The Main aim of this campaign is to provide potable piped water supply in Schools and Anganwadi Centres.
- Through this campaign, the States and Union Territories will ensure that Gram Sabha are convened at the earliest in order to pass the resolution to provide safe water in schools and Anganwadi centres.
- These facilities will be operated by Gram Panchayats.
- Prior to this,, PM Modi released “Margdarshika” -which are operational guidelines for Jal Jeevan Mission, for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis to implement Jal Jeevan Mission.
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
About Jal Shakti Ministry:
- Union Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Minister of State: Rattan Lal Kataria
1) Who launched Ganga Aamantran Abhiyan in New Delhi? – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2) Swachh Bharat Mission initiated in which year? – 2014
3) Who conferred Swachh Bharat Awards for the year 2020? – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
4) Which Ministry launched new version of India Water Resources Information System? – Jal Shakti Ministry
5) Name the Contest launched by Jal Shakti Ministry to reach out to people on the important subject of water conservation and management- ‘Water Heroes – Share Your Stories’
6) Which state government topped in Swachh Bharat Awards 2020? – Gujarat
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|