Government Other Schemes
- eSamikSha is a real time, on-line system for monitoring of follow-up action on the decisions taken during the presentations made by different Ministries/Departments to the Prime Minister.
- It is developed by the cabinet secretariat with technical support from the National Informatics Centre.
- “Monitor, Follow Up, Action” are the taglines assigned by the government to e-SamikSha.
- Different users such as the PMO/Cabinet Secretariat/Ministries/Departments can securely access the system through a log-in/password.
- For eg, if a joint secretary is sitting on a file on a big infrastructure project that‘s a PMO priority, this system will allow the prime minister to intervene digitally and ask the officer concerned to explain the delay or expedite decision-making.
- Every task is assigned four status descriptors – Not Started, Under Implementation, Implemented and No Further Action Required.
- The portal also enables tracking centre-state co-ordination issues.
- Several States also developed portals which monitors follow up action on the decision made by different departments to Chief Ministers/Chief secretary.
- Few districts and metropolitan authority also developed this portal to monitor at micro level.
- E-Patrachar – It is a facility launched to send meeting notices via SMS, email etc.
- It is a mobile App launched by Central Board of Direct Taxes.
- The app helps to file income tax return (ITR) online, locate the nearest Tax Return Prepares (TRP), provides calculators and other tools, helps in managing PAN and TDS.
- UIDAI has come up with a Blue coloured Aadhaar card for children aged below 5 years.
- It does not include child’s biometric information.
- Photo ID cards issued by child’s school, child’s birth certificate and a mobile number can be used for his/her Aadhaar enrolment.
- The first mandatory biometric update is required at the age of 5 to include child’s biometric information like fingerprints and iris scan and the second mandatory update at the age of 15.
- It is a portal launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It will enable individuals and private companies to submit application for security clearances and view its status online.
- The Home ministry is the nodal authority for granting security clearances in certain sensitive sectors.
- It is a Mission Mode Project to digitize and make the functioning of State Legislatures paperless.
- Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is the Nodal Ministry for this project.
- The Ministry desires to roll out e-Vidhan as National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA), covering all 40 Houses including two Houses of Parliament and State legislatures.
- It is to be used by the Legislatures as well as all the Government Departments.
- This project was first executed in Himachal Pradesh which made the Shimla Legislative Assembly the first Assembly in India to go paperless in 2014.
- The mNeVA (NeVA-mobile app) is a user-friendly app that has made information on conduct of business in Legislatures accessible anytime, anywhere to everyone.
- It is a work-flow based app deployed in Cloud (Meghraj).
Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Abhiyan
- It is Village Self Governance campaign launched on the 125th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- Its aim is to make nationwide efforts to strengthen Panchayati Raj and through it, boost social harmony in the villages, promote rural development and foster farmers‘ welfare & livelihoods of the poor.
- The campaign will be run jointly by the Ministries of Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Justice, Labour and Information and Broadcasting along with the States.
- Students and MEA Engagement Programme (SAMEEP) was launched by Ministry of External Affairs as an outreach mission to take Indian foreign policy and its global engagements to students across the country
- It aims to familiarise students in India about the functioning of the MEA.
- All the ministry officers are asked to engage students in the schools and colleges in the jobs that the ministry is engaged in.
- The programme is voluntary and gives officials the option of going back to their alma mater or to any school or college in their hometown.
Know India Programme
- It is also an initiative of Ministry of External Affairs with an aim to engage and make the students and young professionals of Indian Diaspora, feel a sense of connect with their motherland.
- Under the programme, 20 young persons of Indian origin in the age group of 18 to 24 from different countries visit India extensively every year, which will provide them an opportunity to have a deeper insight into Indian people and society.
- Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries (SAATHI) is a joint initiative by Ministries of Power and Textiles.
- It aims to accelerate the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in the powerloom sector and promote cost savings.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited, a public sector unit under Ministry of power will help in implementing the initiative to replace old inefficient electric motors with energy efficient motors.
- It would procure energy efficient powerloom and other kits in bulk and provide them to the small and medium powerloom units at no upfront cost.
Swachh Swasth Sarvatra
- It is an inter-ministerial joint initiative between the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Its objective to strengthen community health centres in blocks across the country to enable them to achieve higher levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
- It is focused on the twin objectives of constructing toilets and enabling behavioural change.
- A financial assistance of Rs.10 lakh will be given to the community health centres so that they can bestrengthened to meet the standards of sanitation, hygiene and infection control.
- The three key components are:
1. Community Health Centres (CHCs) in ODF blocks supported to achieve Kayakalp certification
2. Gram Panchayat of Kayakalp Primary Health Centres (PHCs) prioritized to become ODF
3. Training in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) of CHC/PHC nominees
Mission XI Million
- It is a joint programme of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, All India Football Federation and FIFA.
- It is the biggest school sports outreach programme in the country launched in New Delhi.
- It aims to take football to at least 11 million boys and girls around the country
- The programme is to make football as the sport of choice in India, to encourage children gain healthy habits
and learn important life lessons in teamwork and sportsman spirit.
Swachh Yug Campaign
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in partnership with Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, has launched ‗Swachh Yug‘ campaign.
- It involves intensifying support to the five States of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal to make all villages along the banks of the Ganga, Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- The campaign is a collaborative effort between the Swachh Bharat Mission, local youth leaders and NamamiGange Project.
- A nodal officer has been identified for each district to work on making their district Open Defecation Free (ODF) in mission mode.
Kashmir Super 50
- It is a joint initiative by Indian Army, Center for Social Responsibility and Leadership (CSRL) and PETRONET LNG Limited (PLL).
- It was launched in 2013 to transform the educational status of children from economically weaker sections in the Kashmir region.
- As part of the 11-month program, selected students are provided with complete free residential coaching for IIT-JEE, JKCET and other premier Engineering Institutes.
- It is a major initiative towards bringing normalcy in the valley.
- Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI) is a multi-purpose and multi-modal platform existing in the PMO.
- It was launched in 2015.
- It is not a public web platform but used exclusively by the PM to give suitable directions for redressal of grievance.
- It also monitors and reviews compliance on the projects and programmes of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- It brings the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States on one stage.
- It deploys three technologies – Digital data management, videoconferencing and geo-spatial technology
Ministry of Coal
- UTTAM App has been launched for ensuring transparency and efficiency in coal quality monitoring process.
- Scheme for Harnessing and Allocating Koyala Transparently in India (SHAKTI) – for auction and allotment of coal linkages, will lead to affordable power and transparency in allocation of coal.
- Cabinet also recently approved the most ambitious coal sector reform ever i.e the opening up of commercial coal mining for private sector
- This will help in creating direct and indirect employment through higher investment and better technology.