Government appoints M Rajeshwar Rao as RBI Deputy Governor; Succeeds NS Vishwanathan. The government of India appointed M Rajeshwar Rao as Reserve Bank of India’s Deputy Governor. He succeeded NS Vishwanathan as the central bank’s fourth deputy governor. Earlier government has selected Shashanka Bhide, Jayanth Varma and Ashima Goyal as three external members of the rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
- M Rajeshwar Rao joined in RBI in 1984, holding various positions. Prior to this appointment, M Rajeshwar Rao was served as an executive director at RBI.
- He has also worked as the Banking Ombudsman, New Delhi and in the Reserve Bank’s regional offices at Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai and New Delhi.
Current Deputy Governors of RBI:
- D. Patra
- P. Kanungo
- K. Jain
- M Rajeshwar Rao
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935
- Who was the first governor of Reserve Bank of India from Indian origin? C.D. Deshmukh
- When was R.B.I. nationalised? – 1949
- The Credit Policy of India declared by? – RBI
- On which commission’s recommendations; Reserve Bank of India was established? – Hilton Young Commission
- Who mints the coins in India? – Ministry of Finance
- When did the Headquarters of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) moved to Mumbai? – 1937
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|