First Har Ghar Jal State in India – Providing 100% Tap Water Connections. According to Ministry of Jal Shakti Goa became the first Har Ghar Jal State in the country by ensuring tap water connection to every rural household.
The development was made public by the Ministry of Jal Shakti. The state has provided tap water connection to two lakh 30 thousand rural households. Around 2.3 lakh households were covered in the state.
- This deadline was much in advance of the Jal Jeevan Mission’s aim to ensure piped water connectivity to all households of the nation by 2024.
- In order to strengthen water testing facilities in the state, Goa is in the process of getting 14 water quality testing laboratories.
What is Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission will be based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education and communication as a key component of the mission.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
- Capital: Panaji
- Jal Jeevan Mission was launched in which year? – 2019
- Jal Jeevan Mission aims to provide tap connections to all households in rural India by – 2024
- Who is the Union Minister of Jal Shakti? – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- PM Narendra Modi has announced how many crores for Jal Jeevan Mission? – 3.5 lakh crore mission
- Jal Jeevan Mission is under which department? – Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|