Economic Affairs – August 2018
In this we have given, August Month Economic Affairs and their details. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
First Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore market cap
- Reliance Industries becomes first Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore market cap
SpiceJet operates country’s first biojet fuel flight
- A blend of oil from jatropha seeds (25% of bio jet fuel) and 75% aviation turbine fuel (ATF) propelled the country’s first ever bio-jet fuel powered flight between Dehradun and Delhi operated by SpiceJet’s Bombardier Q-400 aircraft.
eMudhra plans U.S. digital certifying foray in 2019
- eMudhra, a licensed Indian certifying authority that issues digital signature certificates, expects revenue to grow 30% from last year’s Rs.78 crore and plans to enter the U.S. market next year.
India remains top destination for FDI
- India remains a preferred destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) as domestic consumption remains strong, according to the RBI Annual Report. India received $37.3 billion capital inflow in 2017-18 as compared with $36.3 billion in the previous fiscal.
RInfra completes sale of Rs.18,800 crore Mumbai power business to Adani
- Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. (RInfra) has completed the sale of its 100% shareholding in integrated Mumbai power distribution business to Adani Transmission Limited (ATL) for a total transaction value of Rs.18,800 crore.
Olympia to set up two mega IT parks in Chennai at Rs.720 crore
- City-based Olympia Group has set aside a capex of Rs.720 crore for the current year to set up two mega IT parks in Chennai
Telecom panel okays National Trust Centre
- The Telecom Commission said a National Trust Centre would be created for certifying devices and applications for machine-to-machine communication, a new-age technology that is at the heart of concepts like smart homes.
Indian economy records 8.2% growth in first quarter of 2018-19
- The growth cemented India’s position as the fastest growing major economy, clocking higher expansion rate than China’s 6.7 in the same quarter.
Census 2021 to collect data on OBCs
Census 2021 will for the first time collect data on Other Backward Classes (OBC).
For More Details Download PDF Here…