Eat Right India movement, ‘Vision 2050’ – Key Highlights. Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan, has governed an inter-sectoral meeting with Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and senior diplomats of other ministries on October 15, 2020. The meet was held in order to build a ‘Whole of Government’ approach to achieve the ‘Vision 2050’ of the Eat Right India Movement.
- Cases of obesity has doubled in the in between 2005-2015. It has increased from 9.3% to 18.6% among males and from 12.6% to 20.7% among females.
- According to the Data, 50% of women and children also suffer from anaemia.
- The Economic cost of food borne diseases in India has been estimated to be dollar 15 billion.
- Data shows that, 21% of the children are wasted, 36% of the children are underweighted while 38% of the children are stunted in India.
About Eat Right India movement:
- The Eat Right India Movement is a year-long social and mass media campaign of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). It is the new healthy eating approach which places citizens at the centre of a Health Revolution through food and fitness.
- This movement is aligned with the government’s flagship public health programmes such as POSHAN Abhiyaan, Anemia Mukt Bharat, Ayushman Bharat Yojana and Swachh Bharat Mission as well as the ‘Fit India’ Movement’.
- ‘Eat Right India’ is a flagship initiative of which Organisation? – FSSAI
- FSSAI Headquarters located at – New Delhi
- FSSAI constitutes task force to look into guidelines for Vegan Foods. The Task Force consists of how many members? – 07
- Who is the CEO of FSSAI? – Arun Singhal
- World Food Safety Day is celebrated on – June 07
- What is the theme of World Food Safety Day 2020? – Food Safety is everyone’s business
- Which States topped in FSSAI Safe Food Safety Index 2019-20? – Gujarat, Goa & Chandigarh
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|