DRDO successfully test-fired RUSTOM II – Indigenously developed Drone. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) which is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence has test-fired indigenously developed Drone RUSTOM II in Karnataka.
- The Rustom 2 is a surveillance Drone.
- During the test flight it achieved eight hours of flying at an altitude of 16000 feet.
- The capability of the Drone is to be increased to a height of 26000 feet and fly for 18 hours.
- The DRDO is developing Rustom-II drone to match the specifications of the Israeli Heron unmanned aerial vehicle which is already being used by the Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy.
- The drone is expected to achieve 18 hours of continued flying at a height of 26,000 feet by the end of 2020 itself.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Defence and Finance Ministry inaugurated the DRDO ATR in which location? – Chitradurga Karnataka
- Which ship launched heavy weight torpedo was handed over to the Indian navy? – Varunastra
- India test fired the Brahmos Missile with an Indigenous Booster in – Odisha
- DRDO identified how many systems and subsystems to design, develop and manufacture? – 108
- Which Booth developed by DRDO to disinfect Personal Protective Equipment? – Ultra Swachh
- Which LCA has been designed and developed by DRDO? – Tejas
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|