DRDO initiates the Mass Production of Pinaka Missile – Key Highlights. The Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) has started the production of Pinaka missiles. All Details of missile production have been handed over to Directorate General of Quality Assurance. Pinaka is a multibarrel rocket launch (MBRL) system used by the Indian Army.
- As of 2014 India has been producing 5000 missiles every year.
- Pinaka is a free flight artillery rocket system having a range of 37.5 km.
- Pinaka rockets are launched from a multi barrel rocket launcher which has a capability to launch 12 rockets in 44 seconds.
- The pinaka missile system is designed and developed by Pune-based DRDO lab, Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE).
The Pinaka Missile was commenced being developed by the DRDO in 1980s. The project was started as an alternative to the multi-barrel rocket launching systems of Russian make named Grad. The missile was first used during the Kargil War of 1999.
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1958
1) Defence Minister has signed agreement on manufacturing AK-203 rifles with which country? – Russia
2) Army Commanders Conference 2020 was held in which city? -New Delhi
3) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches 15 products developed by Defence PSUs as part of which programme? – Atmanirbhar Bharat
4) Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy aims to achieve an annual turn over of 25 billion USD in the defence manufacturing sector by which year? – 2025
5) The Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) developed a disinfection unit called – Ultra Swachh
6) Which nation has pledged not to supply arms to Pakistan? – Russia
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|