New Delhi Current Affairs – July 2018
In this we have given, July Month Delhi Current Affairs and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
New Delhi Current Affairs – July 2018:
|Chief Minister||Lieutenant Governor|
|Arvind Kejriwal||Anil Baijal|
Platinum Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in New Delhi (July 1, 2018).
WAPCOS celebrates 50th foundation day
- WAPCOS, was incorporated as a Public Sector Enterprise in 1969 by the Government of India. It is a techno-commercial organization under the aegis of Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari will be the chief guest at the 50th Foundation Day celebration of Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS), being organized at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, New Delhi.
MAIDS ranked ‘best dental college’ in India
- The Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS) under the Government of NCT of Delhi has been ranked the “Best Dental College in India” for the seventh year in a row.
Cyber Safety and Digital awareness programme for senior citizens
- Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir attends the Cyber Safety and Digital awareness programme for senior citizens.
- First Cyber Forensic van of Delhi Police launched.
India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre Inaugurated
- The India-Korea Technology Exchange Centre was inaugurated by the Minister of State (I/C) MSME Giriraj Singh and Minister of SMEs and Start-ups of Republic of Korea in New Delhi.
PM to inaugurate new ASI Headquarters in New Delhi
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will inaugurate the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), at Tilak Marg in New Delhi on July 12, 2018.
Inauguration of Dharohar Bhawan
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated Dharohar Bhawan – the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), – at Tilak Marg in New Delhi.
Committee set up to synergise NCC and NSS
- Government has decided to set up a committee under the Chairmanship of Shri Anil Swarup, former Secretary, School Education to strengthen National Cadet Corps (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS).
Counter-drone strategy for airports ready
- The counter-drone plan prepared by a committee headed by Director General of BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security) Kumar Rajesh Chandra has proposed neutralising drones through a “soft kill” approach which will include entrapping or jamming drones instead of destroying them.
Railways to get first dedicated corridor for freight trains on August 15
- The 190-km railway line will be between Dadri in Uttar Pradesh and Phulera in Rajasthan, which fall under the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC).
New cell to resolve child custody disputes
- A mediation cell would be set up under the apex child rights body, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), to resolve child custody disputes arising from cases of transnational marital discord.
The most advanced System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting (SAFAR)
- Harsh Vardhan inaugurates the most advanced System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting (SAFAR) at Chandni Chowk in Delhi.
- New system also to track UV-Index, PM1, Mercury and Black carbon in real time.
40% deficit rainfall in eastern India
- Bihar has recorded the highest monsoon deficiency of 48%, while eastern Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand have recorded 46% and 42% respectively – The India Meteorological Department data.
‘Turnitin’ software for all varsities to check plagiarism in research
Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar said that the Turnitin software to detect plagiarism in research would be provided to all universities free of cost.
For Daily Current Affairs Click Here
For Daily Current Affairs Oneliner Click Here