Deadline For Linking Aadhaar And Ration Card Has Been Extended: The central government has announced to link the Aadhaar – ration card and set a deadline on June 30, 2023, to link these details. Now the department has extended the deadline to September 30, 2023. People who are still not linked their details can use this extended deadline to finish the linkage process.
The deadline extension was announced through a gazetted notification which was released by the Department of Food and Public Distribution on 15.06.2023. This linkage decision has been made to eradicate multiple and duplicate ration cards and to improve the efficiency of the rations.
According to the report, the main aim of the Public Distribution System (PDS) is to enhance distribution through the authentication and digitalization of ration cards. People are instructed to do the Aadhaar card and ration card linkage as soon as possible. The steps for the linkage are mentioned below.
How To Link Aadhaar Card and Ration Card Online:
- Visit the Official State PDS website.
- Login by using your credentials.
- Select the option to link the Aadhaar and Ration card.
- Enter the required details like Aadhaar number, ration card number, registered mobile number, and others.
- After filling up the details submit it.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number, submit it and the acknowledgment will be sent to the mobile number.
How To Link Aadhaar Card and Ration Card Offline:
- Visits the nearest PDS office or ration shop along with the photocopies of the Aadhaar card of all family members & ration card and passport size photo of the family head.
- The biometric verification will be done against the database.
- The authorities will process the documents and you will be notified after the process has been done.