Daily Current Affairs One liners – October 31, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get the Current Affairs Pdf.
- October 31 – World Cities Day
- National Unity day (also known as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas) is celebrated every year on 31st of October by the people all through India.
- Radha Krishna Mathur took oath as the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh. Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of the J&K Union Territory. The two new Governors would be replacing Satya Pal Malik, who served as the 13th and last Governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare released the 14th National Health Profile (NHP) 2019 & its e-book (digital version).
- Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare inaugurated the day long National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’in New Delhi.
- In Assam, the third edition of the Guwahati International Film Festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in the presence of noted filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar in Guwahati.
- Peronists Alberto Fernández, along with running mate and former President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, won the first round on October 27 with 48 percent of the vote.
- The 38th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2019 was inaugurated by Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
- A meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC), chaired by the Cabinet Secretary, Shri Rajiv Gauba, was held to review the preparations for the cyclone MAHA over the Comorin and adjoining Lakshadweep Islands.
- India’s exports of marine products to China has tripled and touched almost USD 800 million, in the first nine months of 2019, as per the data released by China’s customs authority recently.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy hosted the second Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) on 30 and 31 October 2019 New Delhi.
- Ministry of Railways and the Indian School of Business (ISB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a strategic partnership.
- Indian men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty has reclaimed its position in the top 10 of the latest BWF Badminton rankings.
- The Competent Authority has approved assignment of additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Expenditure to Shri Atanu Chakraborty, IAS Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs with immediate effect.
- The 28th Vyas Samman for the year 2018 was conferred on well known Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagoori at a function in New Delhi.
- India’s Swastika Ghosh and Kavya Sree Baskar have secured bronze medals in the Oman Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open in Muscat.
- At the Under-23 World Wrestling Championship in Budapest, Indian grappler Ravinder settled for a silver medal after going down to Kyrgyzstan’s Ulukbek Zholdoshbekov in the final.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|