Daily Current Affairs – October 9, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of October 9, 2019.
October 9 – World Post Day
- World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern. It was declared World Post Day by the UPU Congress held in Tokyo, Japan in 1969
63rd Dhammachakra Pravartan Din
- In Maharashtra, 63rd Dhammachakra Pravartan Din will be celebrated at Deekshabhoomi in Nagpur. Buddhist followers from the different parts of the country and abroad are reaching at the venue to pay homage to the Architect of Indian Constitution Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar at Deekshabhoomi.
IAF celebrates its 87th anniversary
- The Indian Air Force, IAF, is celebrating its 87th anniversary. The IAF was founded on October 8, 1932. A grand function was held at the Air Force Station Hindan near Ghaziabad to celebrate the day. A scintillating air display by various aircraft was the hallmark of the Air Force Day Parade-cum-Investiture Ceremony.
India, Mexico agree to work together on multilateral issues
- The fifth round of Foreign Office Consultations between India and Mexico were held in New Delhi. The Indian side was led by Secretary (East) Vijay Thakur Singh and Mexican side was led by Deputy Minister of External Affairs of Mexico Julián Ventura Valero.
- The two sides reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral cooperation, including political, trade and economic cooperation.
Portugal’s Socialists win election
- In Portugal, the center-left Socialists win general election with 36.6% of the vote and are preparing to govern for another four years. The main opposition Social Democratic Party came second with almost 28%.
- Antonio Costa, the Socialist leader and incumbent prime minister said that he intends to continue his business-friendly policies and prudent fiscal management.
India is home to Asia’s oldest bamboo
- An international team of researchers found two fossil compressions or impressions of bamboo culms (stems) and after further study noted them to be new species.
- They were named Bambusiculmus tirapensis and B. makumensis – as they were found in the Tirap mine of Makum Coalfield in Assam. These belonged to the late Oligocene period of about 25 million years ago.
India’s Vishnu Nandan among 300 researchers to join largest ever Arctic expedition
- The 32-year-old polar researcher from Kerala Vishnu Nandan will be the only Indian aboard the multidisciplinary drifting observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate (MOSAiC) expedition.
- MOSAiC – Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate. It could be the largest-scale Arctic research expedition of all time.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
3-day India International Cooperative Trade Fair
- A three-day India International Cooperative Trade Fair will be held in New Delhi from 11th of this month. The first-ever such fair is aimed at promoting cooperative to cooperative trade within India and abroad leading to enhanced rural and farm prosperity.
- This will be India’s first and the largest international cooperatives trade fair promising to usher in a new era of cooperative excellence. The fair is expected to evolve a conducive environment for co-operative trade in the global arena.
Nobel prize in physics awarded for discoveries in cosmology
- Nobel Prize 2019 for Physics has been announced. Three scientists, James Peebles, Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz have won the Prize for their contribution to the understanding of the evolution of the universe and earth’s place in the cosmos
- One half of the award was given to James Peebles for theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology and the other half jointly to Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz for the discovery of an exoplanet orbiting a solar-type star.
CSIR Young Scientist Award 2019
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) introduced, in 1987, a scheme of Awards for Young Scientists in CSIR system in order to promote excellence in various fields of science and technology.
- Sasidhar B.S. received the CSIR Young Scientist Award in Chemical Sciences 2019 from Union Minister of Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
India ranks 68th on global competitiveness index
- India has moved down 10 places to rank 68th on an annual global competitiveness index, largely due to improvements witnessed by several other economies, while Singapore has replaced the US as the world’s most competitive economy.
- The annual Global Competitiveness Index is compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
Mary Kom advances to quarterfinals of World Women’s C’ships
- In Boxing, six-time Champion M.C. Mary Kom advanced to the quarterfinals of the World Women’s Championships in 51 kilogram category at Ulan-Ude, Russia. The 36-year-old triumphed 5-0 against Thailand’s Jutamas Jitpong.
To Subscribe Youtube Channel Click Here To Join Whatsapp Click Here To Join Telegram Channel Click Here