Daily Current Affairs – October 5, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of October 5, 2019.
October 5 – World Teachers’ Day
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is held every year on October 5 to honor teachers and recognize their contributions to education and development.
- Theme : “With the theme: “Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession,”
AIM NITI Aayog, UNDP India Jointly Launch Youth Co:Lab
- In a latest initiative to recognize young people as critical drivers of sustainable development, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India launched Youth Co:Lab which aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in young India.
- The first phase of Youth Co:Lab will focus on six SDGs: SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), SDG 12 (Sustainable Consumption and Production) and SDG 13 (Climate Action).
Jaipur cleanest railway station in India, Jodhpur ranks as 2nd best
- Under Swachh Rail, Swacch Bharat cleanliness assessment 2019, Jaipur Junction has top the tally among 720 stations covered all over the country. Jodhpur bagged second place where sub urban station of Jaipur Durgapura has been places third.
- Seven stations under NWR, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Durgapura, Gandhinagar Jaipur, Suratgarh, Udaipur City and Ajmer found place in first 10 most clean railway stations of the country.
Dr Harsh Vardhan launches FSSAI’s ‘Trans-Fat Free’ logo
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the “Trans Fat Free” logo of Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), at the 8th International Chefs’ Conference (ICC VII) in New Delhi. This marked an important milestone in the movement against Trans-Fats and also provided a momentum to accelerate the ‘Eat Right India’ movement of FSSAI.
Tamil Nadu issues notification for increasing MLAs Constituency Development Fund
- Tamil Nadu Government has issued the notification for increasing the MLAs Constituency Development Fund by an additional fifty lakh rupees. So far the ceiling for the annual expenditure under the fund by every MLA has been 2.5 crore rupees.
- Now the amount has been hiked to three crore rupees.
World Cotton Day celebrations in Geneva
- Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani, is participating in the World Cotton Day being observed from 7th October to 11th October 2019 in Geneva. The World Trade Organisation (WTO) is organizing World Cotton Day event in collaboration with the Secretariats of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC).
Reserve Bank cuts repo rate by 25 basis points
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has slashed the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 5.15 per cent from 5.40 per cent with immediate effect.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF stands reduced to 4.90 per cent, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 5.40 per cent.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Goa Maritime Conclave begins
- Goa Maritime Conclave started in Goa. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval was the chief guest for the inaugural event of the Conclave. Indian Navy through the Naval War College, Goa is hosting this Conclave.
- Theme for the Conclave is ‘Common Maritime Priorities in Indian ocean Region and need for Reginal Maritime Security.
India – Bangladesh Business forum meets in New Delhi
- India – Bangladesh Business forum began in New Delhi. Bangladesh is India’s biggest trade partner in South Asia. Bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh has grown steadily over the last decade.
- India’s exports to Bangladesh for the financial year 2018-19 (April-March) stood at USD 9.21 billion and imports from Bangladesh for the same period stood at USD 1.22 billion.
Avinash Sable qualifies for Tokyo Olympics in men’s 3,000 m steeplechase event
- India’s Avinash Sable has qualified for Tokyo Olympics in men’s 3,000-metre steeplechase event by shattering his own national record at the World Championships in Doha.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|