Daily Current Affairs – October 31 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of October 31 2019.
October 31 – World Cities Day
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated the 31st of October as World Cities Day, by its resolution 68/239. The Day is expected to greatly promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
- 2019 Theme: Changing the world: innovations and better life for future generations
National Unity Day
- National Unity day (also known as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas) is celebrated every year on 31st of October by the people all through India. It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who really unified the country. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day was introduced by the Government of India in 2014 with the aim of celebrating this event every year on 31st October.
- The aim of introducing this event is to pay tribute to the great man, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, on his birth anniversary by remembering his extraordinary works for the country. He really worked hard in keeping India united.
New UTs Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh come into existence
- Radha Krishna Mathur took oath as the first Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh. He was administered the oath of office by the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Justice Gitta Mittal at a function held at Sindhu Sanskriti Kendra in Leh. Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed as the first Lieutenant Governor of the J&K Union Territory. The two new Governors would be replacing Satya Pal Malik, who served as the 13th and last Governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The State of Jammu and Kashmir ceased to exist at 30 October in line with The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019. The two Union Territories came into existence following the August 5th decision of Parliament to bifurcate Jammu and Kashmir.
14thNational Health Profile, 2019
- Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare released the 14thNational Health Profile (NHP)2019 & its e-book (digital version). The NHP is prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) and covers comprehensive information on demographic, socio-economic health status, health finance indicators, health infrastructure and health of human resources in the country. This 14th edition of NHP is the continuation of the publication since 2005.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’
- “Planning, commitment, vision, societal involvement and past experiences can help us achieve our goal of eliminating Lymphatic Filariasis from the country by 2021” said Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare as he inaugurated the day long National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’in New Delhi.
- India is committed to eliminate two of these NTDs – Lymphatic Filariasis (Hathipaon) and Visceral Leishmaniases (Kala-Azar) that put the future of our children at high risk.”
3rd edition of Guwahati International Film Festival
- In Assam, the third edition of the Guwahati International Film Festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in the presence of noted filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar in Guwahati.
- Iran is the focus country in this edition of the film festival. Acclaimed Iranian film “Charcoal” will be showcased during the inaugural ceremony. The categories of movies to be showcased during the week-long fest include 150 years of Gandhi, a retro of Zanussi, North East Kaleidoscope among others.
Argentina’s 2019 Election Brings in a New President
- Peronists Alberto Fernández, along with running mate and former President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, won the first round on October 27 with 48 percent of the vote. Center-right President Mauricio Macri earned 40 percent but lost his reelection bid to a Peronist front.
Sharjah International Book Fair 2019
- The 38th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2019 was inaugurated by Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. Nearly 1800 exhibitors from 77 countries are participating in the Fair. The fair will showcase 987 activities presenting scientific, knowledge and literary themes.
- The theme of the Sharjah World Book Capital (SWBC), ‘Open Books Open Minds’, to promote books and reading across age groups and communities.
- A meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC), chaired by the Cabinet Secretary, Shri Rajiv Gauba, was held to review the preparations for the cyclone MAHA over the Comorin and adjoining Lakshadweep Islands.
- IMD informed that the Depression that had developed in the Comorin Sea, has now intensified into a Cyclonic storm. It is likely to cross Lakshadweep Islands by the noon of 31st October 2019 as a Severe Cyclonic Storm and emerge thereafter into the east Central Arabian Sea.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India’s marine exports to China heading for USD 1 billion mark
- India’s exports of marine products to China has tripled and touched almost USD 800 million, in the first nine months of 2019, as per the data released by China’s customs authority recently. India’s marine exports are expected to cross USD 1 billion mark by the end of this year. A Chinese trade delegation visited India on 9th October 2019 and signed a contract for import of marine products worth USD 500 million in the next two years.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy hosted the second Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) on 30 and 31 October 2019 New Delhi. While on 30 October 2019, coordination and consultation meetings on different aspects of ISA programmes and initiatives was held.
- The Assembly is the supreme decision making body of the ISA, and gives directions on various administrative, financial and programme related issues. The first Assembly of the ISA was attended by 78 countries in 2018, and they had affirmed their determination to accelerate the deployment of solar energy worldwide for achieving universal energy access at affordable rates.
MoU & AGREEMENTS
Ministry of Railways signs Memorandum of Understanding with Indian School of Business
- Ministry of Railways and the Indian School of Business (ISB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a strategic partnership.
- The comprehensive MoU covers several aspects including executive education programs, developing research opportunities, developing case studies and pedagogical materials, and creating of a future-ready leadership pool for the Indian Railways.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Satwiksairaj, Chirag Shetty reclaim top 10 in doubles
- Indian men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty has reclaimed its position in the top 10 of the latest BWF Badminton rankings.
- Satwik and Chirag, who became the first Indian pair to enter the finals of a BWF World Tour Super 750 event at the French Open last week, gained two places to grab the ninth place.
Secretary of Department of Expenditure
- The Competent Authority has approved assignment of additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Expenditure to Shri Atanu Chakraborty, IAS Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs with immediate effect and till the appointment of a regular incumbent or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
28th Vyas Samman award
- The 28th Vyas Samman for the year 2018 was conferred on well known Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagoori at a function in New Delhi. Mr Jagoori has been chosen for the prestigious award for his poetry collection- Jitne Log Utne Prem.
- The Vyas Samman, started in 1991, is given by K K Birla Foundation for an outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian citizen published during the last 10 years.
Oman Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open
- India’s Swastika Ghosh and Kavya Sree Baskar have secured bronze medals in the Oman Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open in Muscat. Swastika lost to Yi-Chen Hsu of Chinese Taipei 1-4 to settle for the bronze medal. Kavya Sree lost 1-3 against eventual champion Pu-Syuan Cheng of Taipei in the Cadet Singles to be content with the bronze medal.
U-23 World Wrestling Championship
- At the Under-23 World Wrestling Championship in Budapest, Indian grappler Ravinder settled for a silver medal after going down to Kyrgyzstan’s Ulukbek Zholdoshbekov in the final. He suffered a 3-5 loss to Ulukbek in 61-kg category. Ulukbek is the current Asian U23 champion. This was India’s first medal at the 2019 edition and overall fifth silver at the Championships.