Daily Current Affairs – October 26,27 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of October 26,27 2019.
October 27 – World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- The General Conference of UNESCO approved the commemoration of a World Day for Audiovisual Heritage in 2005 as a mechanism to raise general awareness of the need to preserve and safeguard important audiovisual material for future generations, and for urgent measures to be taken to conserve this heritage and ensure it remains accessible to the public now, and to future generations.
- 2019 Theme: Engage the Past Through Sound and Images
Vigilance Awareness Week to be observed from 28th October to 2nd November
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) observes the Vigilance Awareness Week from 28th October to 2nd November, 2019. This is observed every year during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls. This awareness week campaign affirms our commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
- Theme of the Vigilance Awareness Week: “Integrity- A way of life”
CSIR conducts Whole Genome Sequencing of over 1,000 Indians
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has conducted Whole Genome Sequencing of 1,008 Indians from different populations across the country. Announcing details of the IndiGen Genome project, the Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan said that the whole genome data will be important for building the knowhow, baseline data and indigenous capacity in the emerging area of Precision Medicine.
- The IndiGen initiative was undertaken by CSIR in April 2019, which was implemented by the CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi and CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended greetings to soldiers on Infantry Day, saying infantry personifies diligence and bravery.
- Infantry Day is observed on October 27 to mark the landing of first Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir in 1947 to push back Pakistan supported intruders.
New year Bestu Varas
- Gujarati community across the globe is celebrating New year Bestu Varas. As per Gujarati calender Vikram Samvat, New year is celebrated on the first day of Kartik month. Bestu Varas also marks the day to forgive others and forget bad memories and start with new enthusiasm.
US to ban flights to all Cuban international airports except Havana
- The US Department of State said the United States would ban US airlines from flying to all Cuban international airports except Havana starting from December to further pressure the Cuban government. It said, the move aims to prevent the Cuban government from profiting from U.S. air travel.
- According to US media, the United States will suspend scheduled flights from various U.S. cities to nine destinations in Cuba, including Santa Clara,Santiago, and Holguin.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
29th BASIC Ministerial Meet on Climate Change
- The Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Shri Prakash Javadekar participated in the 29th ministerial meeting of the BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, China) countries on Climate Change at Beijing, China on 25th-26th October 2019.
- The 29th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change was held in Beijing, China, on 25th-26th October 2019.
- DEFCOM seminar, jointly organised by the Corps of Signals and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has evolved over the years to become a landmark symposium for collaboration between the Indian armed forces, academia, research and development organisations, and the Industry on aspects pertaining to Information and Communications Technology.
- DEFCOM 2019 to be held on 26 and 27 November 2019 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi will seek to deliberate on the theme, “Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”. The curtain raiser ceremony for the event was held on 22 October 2019 at India Habitat Centre and attended by senior officers of the Indian armed forces, academia and industry.
National CSR Awards
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will present the National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards (NCSRA) to select companies for their outstanding contribution in area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on 29th October, 2019 in New Delhi.
- The National CSR Awards has been instituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to recognize corporate initiatives in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to achieve inclusive growth and inclusive and sustainable development. These awards are the highest recongnisation in the domain of CSR by the Government of India.
Karnataka crowned Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 champions
- Karnataka was crowned the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Champions as they beat Tamil Nadu by nine wickets in the Vijay Hazare Trophy at Bengaluru. Abhimanyu Mithun and Mayank Agarwal put on a masterclass performance as Karnataka won their fourth Vijay Hazare Trophy title with a dominant display against Tamil Nadu via VJD method.
For Online Test Series Click Here To Subscribe Youtube Click Here To Join Whatsapp Click Here To Join Telegram Channel Click Here