Daily Current Affairs – October 18, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of October 18, 2019.
Satya Pal Malik inaugurates J&K Bazar
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has inaugurated J&K Bazar, a retail showroom of authentic Jammu Kashmir Handicrafts, Handlooms, Silk, Agro-based products and Restaurant serving Authentic Kashmiri Cuisine at J&K House in New Delhi.
- The newly constructed state-of-the-art showroom is for promoting J&K specific products of handicrafts and authentic cuisine. The project has been completed over a short period of time.
2-day Magnificent Madhya Pradesh Conference
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath formally inaugurated the two-day Magnificent Madhya Pradesh Conference started.
- Many well-known industrialists are attending this conference held in Indore. Chief Minister Kamal Nath also inaugurated the Global Trade Exhibition at the Brilliant Convention Centre, Indore.
Venezuela wins seat on UN human rights council despite opposition
- Venezuela was elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council with 105 votes and a round of applause, despite fierce lobbying by the United States and rights groups, and the late entry of Costa Rica as competition.
- The Human Rights Council, created by the General Assembly in 2006, is responsible for strengthening promotion and protection of human rights
Jaipur foot organised in Dhaka
- Indian High Commission in association with the National Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedic Rehabilitation (NITOR) and Bangladesh Orthopedic Society is organizing a 42 day long Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp at NITOR in Dhaka.
- This camp is being organized under “India for Humanity” initiative of Government of India to commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
APP & WEB PORTAL
App to assist fisherman launched in Tamilnadu
- Department of Fisheries, Tamil Nadu Govt has pioneered with National Centre for Coastal Research (NCCR) to develop THOONDIL an android application that integrates modern science and technology to assist fisherman community.
- This app provides near real time information like weather forecast, potential fishing zone, high tide, cyclone alert etc. and addresses shore to shore needs of the Fishing community.
- This application acts an effective decision support tool thereby saving innumerable lives in sea during Natural disasters.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Asia Health- 2019 Conference
- The Asia Health-2019 conference was held in New Delhi. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the first edition of the ASIA HEALTH 2019 from 16 -19 October 2019.
- ASIA HEALTH 2019 is envisaged as a unique health platform converging multiple stake holders in the Health ecosystem to deliberate and discuss the future of Health
20th All India Conference of Directors of Fingerprint Bureaus
- The Minister of State for Home, Shri G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 20th All India Conference of Directors of Fingerprint Bureaus, being organised by NCRB in New Delhi.
- Addressing the gathering, the MoS, Shri Reddy highlighted the importance of fingerprints in crime investigation and appreciated the efforts of NCRB in rolling out the National Automated Fingerprint Identification System (NAFIS), a network based pan India system for recording and sharing of fingerprints of criminals in various crimes.
Next G7 summit
- S. President Donald Trump will host next year’s Group of Seven economic summit of developed world leaders at one of his own properties, the Trump National Doral golf resort near Miami, a White House official said.
- White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters the summit would take place at Doral on June 10-12, 2020.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
NITI Aayog launches India Innovation Index 2019
- NITI Aayog with Institute for Competitiveness as the knowledge partner released the India Innovation Index (III) 2019. Karnataka is the most innovative major state in India. Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Telangana, Haryana, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Gujarat, and Andhra Pradesh form the remaining top ten major states respectively.
- The top ten major states are majorly concentrated in southern and western India. Sikkim and Delhi take the top spots among the north- eastern & hill states, and union territories/city states/small states respectively.
EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V
- Indian Air Force is participating in a Bilateral Joint exercise with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO), named EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V, scheduled from 17-26 Oct 19, at Air Force Base Masirah.
- The last exercise, EX EASTERN BRIDGE-IV was held in 2017 at Jamnagar. For the first time, MiG-29 fighter aircraft will be participating in an International Exercise outside India.
India presents bid to host men’s Hockey World cup in 2023
- India is among the three nations who have presented their bids to host the next edition of the men’s World cup, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) said.
- India, who have hosted the men’s World Cup thrice, wants to conduct the event in the January 13 to 29, 2023 window.
[table id=5572 /]