Daily Current Affairs – November 29, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of November 29, 2019.
November 29 – International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People marks the adoption by the General Assembly of resolution 181 (II) on 29 November 1947, partitioning the mandate for Palestine into two States. The Day provides an opportunity for the international community to focus its attention on the fact that the question of Palestine remains unresolved. This year, the annual Special Meeting in observance of the Day took place on 27 November 2019. It will be followed by the opening of the exhibit “Palestine – the most universal of national causes” – consisting of pictures and quotes by well-known public figures, who have expressed solidarity with the Palestinian people.
Saudi Arabia, UAE discussed to develop mega crude refinery in Maharashtra
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have discussed to develop the planned mega crude refinery in Maharashtra at an initial cost of 70 billion US Dollars. It will have a capacity of 1.2 million barrels per day integrated with a modern petrochemical complex.
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence jointly presided over the 2nd meeting of Saudi Emirati Coordination Council in Abu Dhabi. The two oil rich nations discussed ways and means to secure the supply of at least 600,000 barrels per day of Saudi and Emirati crude oil for Indian market.
Golden Jubilee Edition of IFFI culminates in Goa
- The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India, IFFI, culminated in Goa. The festival saw screening of 300 films of various languages from India and abroad for delegates from different parts of the world.
- The IFFI was awarded the ICFT-UNESCO Fellini medal at the closing ceremony which was received by Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare and Director of festivals Chaitanya Prasad. Governor of Goa Satyapal Malik, Chief Minister of Goa Dr. Pramod Sawant, Union minister Babul Supriyo and others were present on the occasion.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan calls for Technology & Innovation to be the backbone of development
- The 8thFoundation Day of Global Innovation and Technology Alliance (GITA) (PPP between Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)) was addressed by the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan. The Minister recognized and felicitated the exceptional performance of GITA project in contributing towards enhancing the country’s innovation ecosystem. The theme of the event was ‘Making India Future Ready’.
MoU and AGREEMENTS
ADB, India sign $451 Million Loan to strengthen Power Connectivity in Tamil Nadu
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $451 million loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC), which is part of the East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC), in Tamil Nadu. ADB is the lead partner of the Government of India for developing ECEC.
- The signatories to the loan agreement were Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary (Fund Bank and ADB), Department of Economic Affairs in India’s Ministry of Finance, and Mr. Kenichi Yokoyama, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission.
SUMMIT AND CONFERENCES
G Kishan Reddy inaugurates 1st Intl. Conference on “Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience”
- Minister of State for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 1st International Conference on “Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience” in New Delhi. While addressing the Conference, Mr Reddy called for developing technology to anticipate disasters like landslides and develop infrastructure to quickly respond to minimise the damage.
- The Minister said that landslides have attracted global attention as they may cause huge havoc on communities, live stock, environment leading to huge loss of lives. He expressed hope that deliberations in this conference will go a long way in finding long term solutions to natural disasters.
HM Amit Shah to address valedictory session of 47th All India Police Science Congress
- Home Minister Amit Shah will be reaching Lucknow to address the valedictory session of 47th All India Police science congress. The 2-day event was inaugurated by Lieutenant Governor of Puducheri and retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi.
- Police officers from SP to DG rank from various states and union territories are participating in the annual event. Uttar Pradesh Police in association with the home ministry and the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) is organising the event.
Dr. Jitendra Singh to inaugurate two-day Conference on Jal Shakti and Disaster Management
- A two day Conference is to be held on November 30-December 1, 2019 at Jammu. ‘Sahyog Sankalp’ Resolution to be adopted in the Valedictory Session. The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with Governments of Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir is organizing a two-day Conference on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat’ with focus on Jal Shakti and Disaster Management.
Passing out parade to be held at Indian naval academy on 30 November 2019
- Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala will hold its Passing out Parade (POP) for Autumn Term 2019 on Saturday, 30 November 2019. Trainees comprising Midshipmen and Cadets of 97th Indian Naval Academy Course (B.Tech), 97th Indian Naval Academy Course (M.Sc), 28th Naval Orientation Course (Extended), 29th Naval Orientation Course (Regular) and 29th Naval Orientation Course (Coast Guard), will pass out as Officers on successful completion of their training. Six trainees of various friendly foreign nations will also pass out this term.
Deepika wins gold, Ankita bags silver in Asian archery Championships
- Indian archers Deepika Kumari won gold while Ankita Bhakat bagged silver medal in the women’s individual recurve event of the 21st Asian Championships in Bangkok. Deepika defeated Ankita 6-0 in the one-sided final.The duo had earlier secured an individual Olympic quota for the country by storming into the semifinals of the event.
Sports Ministry constitutes committee to review Draft National Sports Code
- Sports Ministry has constituted a 13-member expert committee to review the Draft National Sports Code. The expert committee will be headed by former Supreme Court judge Justice Mukundakam Sharma. Former sports persons Gagan Narang, Bhaichung Bhutia, Anju Bobby George and national badminton coach Pulella Gopichand are part of the panel. Boxing Federation president Ajay Singh, Kho Kho Federation president Sudhanshu Mittal, Athletics Federation president Adille Sumariwala and Weightlifting Federation president B P Baishya have been included in the committee.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|