Daily Current Affairs – November 13, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of November 13, 2019.
November 13 – World Kindness Day 2019
- World Kindness Day is celebrated annually on 13th November. On this day, participants attempt to make the world a better place by celebrating and promoting good deeds and pledging acts of kindness, either as individuals or as organisations.
- World Kindness Day was first launched in 1998 by The World Kindness Movement, an organisation formed at a 1997 Tokyo conference of like-minded kindness organisations from around the world.
Army organises ‘Medical Patrol’ for people living in remote village of Serni
- As part of the efforts to win the hearts and minds of the people of Jammu & Kashmir, the Indian Army has been undertaking various Sadhbhavana / Sampark activities. In consonance with the ongoing efforts, the Army organised a ‘Medical Patrol’ for people living in the remote village of Serni under Ramban District of Jammu Division.
Golden Jubilee of IFFI starts on November 20 in Goa
- The Golden Jubilee of International Film Festival of India, IFFI starts on 20th November in Goa. IFFI- India’s First International Film Festival began its journey from Mumbai in 1952. The festival travelled to Madras, Delhi and Calcutta in the next few years.
- The Competition Category was introduced in the 3rd edition in 1965. Sri Lankan film Gamperaliya was the first recipient of the Golden Peacock Award. French actor Isabella Huppert will be honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award at this edition in Goa.
President’s rule imposed in Maharashtra
- President’s rule has been imposed in Maharashtra. The state legislative assembly has been kept under suspended animation. This follows Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari’s report to the Centre which stated that the formation of a stable government is impossible in the current situation despite all his efforts.
- Shiv Sena, which was trying to cobble together a non-BJP government with support from the NCP and the Congress, moved the Supreme Court challenging the governor’s decision to not grant it the three days to submit the letter of support for government formation in the state but failed to get an urgent hearing.
550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev celebrated in Nepal
- The 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji was celebrated in Nepal. Many programmes were organised in different parts of the country to mark the occasion.
- In Kathmandu, Akhand Path and Shabad Kirtan were organised at Gurudwara Guru Nanak Satsang, Lalitpur. Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri and hundreds of devotees from Nepal, India and other countries attended the function
Bolivian Senator Anez takes office as interim President
- Bolivian Senator Jeanine Anez declared herself interim President of the South American country in Congress despite a lack of a quorum to appoint her in a legislative session boycotted by lawmakers from former President Evo Morales’ leftist party.
- The President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, has resigned amid turmoil following his disputed re-election last month. He has been in power for nearly 14 years.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah maintain top positions in ICC ODI ranking
- In Cricket, Indian skipper Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah have maintained their top spots in the latest ICC ODI Player Rankings. Kohli is at the top of the rankings for batsmen, followed by his deputy Rohit Sharma.
- In the bowlers’ rankings, Bumrah maintained his top spot followed by New Zealand’s pacer Trent Boult. Hardik Pandya is the only Indian to feature in the top 10 among all-rounders.
APP & WEB PORTAL
Online registration portal to facilitate setting up of new MSME units
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched an online registration portal to facilitate setting up of new MSME units. He approved the first online application through the portal and issued a certificate through an e-mail to a woman entrepreneur.
- A certificate of applications is approved and the certificate is issued within a few minutes after online declaration of intent is registered on the portal.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
National Seminar on Social Audit of Rural Development Programmes
- Two-day ‘National Seminar on Social Audit of Rural Development Programmes’ is being organised at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 13th and 14th November 2019 jointly by the Department of Rural Development and National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, with an objective to understand the current status of social audits and Social Audit Units and develop plan for roll out of social audit in other programmes.
- The Seminar will take stock of the current status of Social Audits and SAUs in terms of independency, funds, issues identified, actions taken etc. and will provide a platform for SAUs to share their experiences of conducting social audit
India to host 19th SCO Heads of Government Council next year
- India will host the 19th Council of Heads of Government of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation next year, the first such high level meeting of the eight-member grouping to be organised by New Delhi after its admission to the bloc in 2017, SCO Secretary General Vladimir Norov said.
- The SCO is a China-led eight-member economic and security bloc, in which India and Pakistan were admitted as full members in 2017. Its founding members included China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
HADR Exercise TIGER TRIUMPH
- In consonance with the growing partnership between India and the US, the maiden India US joint Tri services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise named ‘TIGER TRIUMPH’ is scheduled on the Eastern seaboard from 13 to 21 Nov 19. The Harbour Phase is scheduled at Visakhapatnam from 13 to 16 Nov 19.
- At the HADR Exercise Area, a Joint Command and Control Centre, would be established jointly by the Indian Army and US Marines. The Exercise would culminate with a Closing Ceremony onboard US Naval Ship Germantown on 21 Nov 19.
Asian Youth Championships
- In Boxing, two Indian boxers — Ankit Narwal and Aman advanced to the quarterfinals of the Asian Youth Championships at Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia.India were assured of two medals in the event after Komalpreet Kaur (81kg) and Sushma (81kg) got direct entry into the semifinals owing to the small size of their respective draws in the women’s competition.
Shane Watson appointed president of Australian Cricketers’ Association
- Former all-rounder Shane Watson has been appointed as the president of the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA). The appointment was made at the ACA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). Watson had represented Australia in 59 Tests, 190 ODIs and 58 T20Is.