Daily Current Affairs – November 12, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of November 12, 2019.
November 12 – World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is annually held on November 12 to raise awareness of pneumonia, promote prevention and treatment, and generate action to fight the illness. It was established in 2009. Pneumonia is one of the leading causes of deaths in children under five years old despite being easily preventable and treatable.
550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev
- The 550th Prakash Parv or birth anniversary of first guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak Dev ji is observed on November 12, 2019. Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary is observed every year on Karthik Poornima. Guru Nanak Dev was the first Guru and founder of Sikhism, a poet, a wandering religious teacher and a great social reformer.
- Guru Granth Sahib, the holy book of the Sikhs, contains the teachings of the Guru Nanak Dev ji in the form of hymns.
Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated on November 12. The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the first and last visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- The Father of the Nation addressed the displaced people, who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
“Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan”
- To strive to make our beaches clean and create awareness amongst citizens about the importance of coastal ecosystems, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) are undertaking a mass cleanliness-cum-awareness drive in 50 identified beaches under the “Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan”, from 11th -17thNovember, 2019.
- The identified beaches are in 10 coastal States/Union Territories (UTs) namely Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha. The beaches have been identified after the consultation with the States/UTs.
World’s first CNG terminal at Bhavnagar port
- Gujarat Government has given approval to the world’s first CNG terminal at Bhavnagar port. According to release issued by State Information Department, the joint venture of United Kingdom-based Foresight Group and Mumbai-based Padmanabh Mafatlal Group, will invest 1,900 crore rupees to set up a CNG terminal at Bhavnagar port. At present, the Bhavnagar port is operated by Gujarat Maritime Board, which is handling three metric tons of cargo annually.
Dhaka Global Dialogue Starts
- Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first edition of the three day long Dhaka Global Dialogue.The three day long programme is being jointly organised by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) and the Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS). Over 150 delegates from 50 countries are participating in the conference to discuss some of the most pressing global imperatives in the context of the Indo-pacific region.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Sumit Nagal attains career-best ranking
- Indian tennis player Sumit Nagpal moved two places up in men’s singles rankings and achieved his career-best 127th spot in the latest Association of Tennis Professional (ATP) rankings released recently. Nagpal currently has 433 points while Rafael Nadal retained the top rank with 9,585 points.
ICC T20 Rankings
- India fast bowler Deepak Chahar, who returned a world-record haul of six for seven against Bangladesh on Sunday, has moved up 88 slots to 42nd in the latest ICC T20 rankings for bowlers. Rohit Sharma continued to remain India’s top-ranked batsman at the seventh position while K L Rahul moved up a place to eight.
- In the team rankings, Pakistan continued at the top with 270 points but Australia were only one point behind them after winning their three-match series 2-0. England, South Africa and India occupied the next three positions
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
India-ASEAN Business Summit
- India-ASEAN Business Summit is being held in New Delhi. The India- ASEAN Business Summit on the theme: “Today, Tomorrow, Together”is being organised to strengthen trade & investment flows with ASEAN Economies.The objective of the conference is to enhance the trade trajectory between India and ASEAN nations to new highs. More than 60 delegates from 10 ASEAN countries and more than 200 delegates from India are participating in the summit.
Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the India Pavilion at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC) in Abu Dhabi.
- The India Pavilion has been set up by 9 Indian Oil & Gas companies from the upstream, midstream, downstream and engineering segments, alongwith Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry (FIPI), Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Bangladesh High Commissioner to India
- Mohammad Imran has been appointed as the new High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India. He is currently Bangladesh’s Ambassador to United Arab Emirates. He succeeds Syed Muazzem Ali.The announcement was made today by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh.
Chief Justice of Patna High Court
- Justice Sanjay Karol was today sworn in as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court. Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office to Justice Karol at the Raj Bhavan. Justice Karol was earlier posted as Chief Justice of Tripura before this appointment.
World Para Athletics Championships
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar has won India’s second gold defending his World Para Athletics Championships title in the men’s F46 javelin throw event in Dubai. With this, India has secured three Tokyo Paralympic Games quota, along with the bronze winner Ajeet Singh and Rinku.
Saurabh Chaudhary wins silver medal in Men’s 10m air pistol
- Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the silver medal in men’s 10m air pistol event to continue India’s surge at the 14th Asian Championship in Doha. With 583, both Chaudhary and Abhishek Verma had qualified for the finals in seventh and sixth place
- Shreya Agrawal and Dhanush Srikanth won the gold medal in the 10m air rifle mixed team junior competition, while Gurnihal Garcha, Abhay Singh Sekhon and Ayush Rudraraju claimed the team gold in the junior men’s skeet.