Daily Current Affairs – November 08, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of November 08, 2019.
November 8 – WORLD TOWN PLANNING DAY 2019
- World Town Planning Day (WTPD) is an international day celebrating the accomplishments of planners and their contributions to their communities. On November 8, planners around the world participate in World Town Planning Day activities annually, a practice that began in 1949.
- On the week of November 4-8, CIP will hold a week-long online conference, which will showcase presentations on important planning issues and innovations from Canada and around the world.
State of art railway station at Sultanpur Lodhi in Punjab
- Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal yesterday inaugurated the state of the art new railway station along with a multi media centre at Sultanpur Lodhi in Punjab. The railway station modelled on Sikh architecture has been engineered to facilitate pilgrims visiting the holy city.
Russia re-enacts historic wartime parade
- Russian troops wearing World War II uniforms marched across Moscow’s Red Square, in memory of the historic 1941 parade, when Soviet soldiers went directly to the battlefield to fight the Nazis.
- The annual re-enactment featuring some 4,000 troops and T-34 tanks commemorated the legendary November 7, 1941 parade whose participants marched from Red Square to the front line, becoming a symbol of courage and patriotism.
Cyclone Bulbul set to intensify into very severe cyclonic storm
- Cyclone Bulbul over the Bay of Bengal is set to intensify into a very severe cyclonic storm today, triggering heavy rain in parts of Odisha and West Bengal. Met deparment has advised people in affected areas to remain indoors and total suspension of fishing.
- The two states are bracing to contain the damage from the storm.The cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’ over east-central Bay of Bengal continued to move northwards with a speed of 21 kmph during past 6 hours and lay about 410 km south-southeast of Odisha’s Paradip coast
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
21st Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)
- The 21st Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The Council reviewed the current global and domestic macro-economic situation and financial stability and vulnerabilities issues, including inter-alia, those concerning NBFCs and Credit Rating Agencies.
10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine
- 10th Asian Conference on Emergency Medicine will be held November 7-10, 2019 in New Delhi, India. It was inaugurated by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu.
- The 2019 Conference is jointly organized by the Asian Society for Emergency Medicine (ASEM) and the Society for Emergency Medicine, India (SEMI).The theme of the Conference “Affordable Care, Bridging Gaps, Creating Impact” will underpin the need for collaboration and cooperation of our global family of emergency medicine.
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan re-elected President of the UAE
- The UAE Supreme Council has re-elected His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan as President of the UAE for a fourth five-year term. Shaikh Khalifa was first elected President on November 3, 2004 following the death of his father Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan
Abhisek Sarkar wins award at Dhaka Lit-fest
- At the ninth edition of the Dhaka Literature festival West Bengal-based writer Abhisek Sarkar and Bangladeshi poet Rofiquzzaman Rony were given the Gemcon Young Literature Award and Gemcon Young Poetry Award. Abhisek and Rofiquzzaman won the awards for their manus, “Nishiddho” and “Dhoashar Tamate Rong,” respectively.
Infosys Prize 2019 for science and research
- The Infosys Prize for 2019 was announced on November 7 at the Infosys campus in Bengaluru. The award is given annually to honor outstanding achievements of contemporary researchers and scientists across six categories : Engineering and Computer Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Humanities: Manu V. Devadevan, Life Sciences: Manjula Reddy , Mathematical Sciences: Sidhartha Mishra, Physical Sciences: G. Mugesh ,Social Sciences: Anand Pandian, Engineering and Computer Science: Sunita Sarawagi.
MoU & AGREEMENTS
MoU between India and Brazil
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Brazil in the field of Health and Medicine.
- The bilateral MoU between India and Brazil will encourage cooperation between the two countries through joint initiatives, technology development in the health sector and development of research in the health sector. It will facilitate in improving the public health status of people of both the countries.
Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Maritime Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti
- INS Kamorta, an Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette jointly worked with Indonesian Warship KRI Usman Harun, a multi-role Corvette in Bay of Bengal in the Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ from 06 Nov to 07 Nov 19. The joint exercises include manoeuvres, Surface Warfare exercises, Air Defence exercises, Weapon firing drills, Helicopter Operations and Boarding Operations.
1st Indian male cricketer to play 100 T20I
- Stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma became the first Indian man and second in world cricket to complete 100 T-20 Internationals. Shoaib Malik with 111 games from Pakistan is the only player to have played more than 100 T20 Internationals.