Daily Current Affairs – November 03 & 04 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of November 03 & 04 2019.
November 3: World Jellyfish Day
- World Jellyfish Day is observed on November 3 of every year. It is a special day to commemorate the invertebrate that has been on this earth for millions of years longer than humans. World Jellyfish Day typically comes within the spring period, as the spring season is the time when they began their migration to the shores of the northern hemisphere.
Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival
- Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival, being organised as part of the 5th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 at Kolkata, will also feature a Science Book Fair where more than thirty publishers will display their scientific publications.
- IISF 2019 is an annual event organised jointly by the Ministry of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and Vijnana Bharati (Vibha). The fifth edition of IISF this year is being held at Kolkata during November 5–8, 2019.
- Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival is being coordinated by the CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Vigyan Prasar and Vigyan Bharati.
National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders (NRIUMSD) upgraded from Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM) at AG Colony Road, Erragadda, Hyderabad. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri G. Kishan Reddy was also present on the occasion.
First ever movement of container cargo on Brahmaputra
- In line with Government’s focus on improving connectivity to the North Eastern Region (NER), a landmark container cargo consignment sailed on inland waterways from Haldia Dock Complex (HDC) to the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) terminal at Pandu in Guwahati on 4 November, 2019.
- The 12-15 days voyage will be an integrated movement via National Waterway-1 (river Ganga), NW-97 (Sunderbans), Indo-Bangladesh Protocol (IBP) route and NW-2 (river Brahmaputra). This is the first ever containerised cargo movement on this Inland Water Transport (IWT) route.
550th Prakash Purab
- Punjab Government has started free bus service for devotees coming to visit Sultanpur Lodhi during the 550th Prakash Purab celebrations of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The decision was taken in a meeting of the officers of Tourism and Transport Departments, chaired by Tourism and Cultural Affairs Minister Charanjit Singh Channi. In accordance with the decision, 1500 buses would ply daily to take the devotees to Sultanpur Lodhi from 5-12 November.
MoU & AGREEMENTS
India, Uzbekistan sign 3 MoUs in fields of Military Medicine and Military Education
- India and Uzbekistan signed three MoUs to enhance cooperation in Military Medicine and Military Education. During the meeting, the two sides expressed satisfaction at the enhanced level of defence engagements between India and Uzbekistan since the visit of the then Defence Minister of Uzbekistan to India in September 2018.
- Two Institution-to-Institution MoUs on training and capacity building between institutes of higher military learning of the two countries were also signed. The MoU is a byproduct of interactions emanating from the MoU on Military Education signed between the two countries in October 2018.
1st-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise – Dustlik-2019
- The first-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise – Dustlik-2019 began at Chirchiq Training Area near Tashkent. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Uzbekistan counterpart Major General Bakhodir Nizamovich Kurbanov presided over the Curtain Raiser of the military drill.
- The exercise, which will focused on counter-terrorism, will continue till November 13. During the exercise, an Indian Army contingent will train along with Uzbekistan Army. The exercise will enable sharing of best practices and experiences between the Armed Forces of the two countries and will lead to greater operational effectiveness.
SCO Joint Exercise on Earthquake
- Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO) Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search and Rescue in New Delhi. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is hosting the event which will continue till 7th of this month.
- The aim of the exercise is to rehearse the disaster response mechanism, share knowledge, experience and technology for mutual coordination. This simulation exercise will also provide an opportunity to enhance the coordination and co-operation involving multi-agency operations in an earthquake scenario.
Satya Pal Malik takes oath as Goa Governor
- New Governor of Goa, Satya Pal Malik took oath of office. Chief Justice of Mumbai High Court, Pradeep Nandrajog administered him the oath in a ceremony held at Raj Bhavan at Dona Paula near Panaji.
Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal sworn in as Chief Justice of MP High Court
- Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court today. Governor Lalji Tandon administered him the oath of office at Raj Bhavan.
South Africa wins Rugby World Cup
- South Africa won the Rugby World Cup in Japan. The Springboks claimed the Cup for the first time since 2007. It was a rematch of the final game of 2007. Both teams scored only penalty kicks in the first half. South Africa led 12-6 at half time. The Springboks became the second team after New Zealand to win three World Cup titles.
Lakshya Sen wins SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament
- India’s Lakshya Sen has won the SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament at Saarbrücken in Germany. He defeated Sen Weng Hong Yang of China in an exciting final.
Indian Hockey Men’s and Women’s teams qualify for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- In Men’s Hockey, eight-time champions India qualified for next year’s Tokyo Olympic after mauling Russia 7-1 in the second game of the two-legged FIH Qualifiers for men in Bhubaneswar.
- Indian women’s also sealed their place after beating the United States 6-5 on aggregate despite losing the second match 1-4.
Subedar Gunasekaran felicitated for winning 3 gold in Military World Games, China
- Subedar Anandan Gunasekaran who won three gold medals in the 7th Military World Games recently in Wuhan in China was felicitated at the Madras Engineering Group and Centre in Bengaluru. Subedar Anandan had won Gold in 100 meters, 200 meter and 400 meter race as a para-athlete.
Korea Open Badminton
- Maisnam Meiraba Luwang clinched the boys’ singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open Badminton International Challenge 2019 in Miryang, Korea.
- It is the 16-year-old Manipur’s Luwang’s third international title this year following his triumphs at the Russian Junior White Nights 2019 and India Junior International 2019.