Daily Current Affairs – May 15, 2019
May 15 – International Day of Families
- In 1993, the General Assembly decided in a resolution that 15 May of every year should be observed as The International Day of Families. 2019 Theme: “Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG 13.
Largest tiger population in Kerala
- A monitoring programme of the Forest Department for 2017-18 has found that the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (WWS), a biodiversity hotspot in the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, holds the largest tiger population in the State.
RBI names R. Gandhi to Yes Bank board
- The Reserve Bank of India has appointed its former Deputy Governor R. Gandhi as an additional director on the board of private sector lender Yes Bank with immediate effect. The appointment is for two years that is till May 13, 2021.
Summits & Conference:
India to co-chair Consultative Group (CG) of GFDRR
- India is unanimously chosen as co-chair of the Consultative Group (CG) of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) for the fiscal year 2020. The decision was taken during the CG meeting of GFDRR held in Geneva, Switzerland on the margins of the 6th Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GPDRR) 2019.
National Training Workshop of Master Trainers for 7th Economic Census
- 7th Edition of Economic Census, a National Training Workshop of the Master Trainers was organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI) at India Habitat Center in the national capital. 7th Economic Census -2019 is being conducted by MoSPI.
Shrinking Moon generating lunar quakes
- The Moon is shrinking as its interior cools, getting over 50 metres skinnier through the last several hundred million years and causing quakes on the lunar surface. The Moon is steadily shrinking, causing wrinkling on its surface and quakes, according to an analysis of imagery captured by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
NACIN conducted GST Practitioners Examination
- The National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) has been authorized to conduct an examination for confirmation of enrollment of Goods and Services Tax Practitioners (GSTPs).
India delays levying retaliatory tariff on U.S. goods to June 16
- India delayed the implementation of higher tariffs on some goods imported from the United States to June 16, according to a government statement. The new duties were to come into force from May 16.
Indian Navy’s Service Selection Board Inaugurated At Kolkata
- Admiral Sunil Lanba, the Chief of Naval Staff inaugurated Indian Navy’s first full-fledged Service Selection Board (SSB) at Diamond Harbour, near Kolkata.
First woman to be inducted into ICC match referee panel
- India’s G.S. Lakshmi has become the first woman to be appointed to ICC’s international panel of match referees and will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect. Claire Polosak had become the first ever woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI, earlier this month.
ICC World Cup: Anti-corruption officer for each team
- In a first, all the 10 participating teams at the upcoming ICC World Cup will have a dedicated anti-corruption officer attached with it to deliver a corruption-free tournament.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here