Daily Current Affairs – June 09,10 2019
Centre lifts landholding limit, extends PM-KISAN scheme to all farmers
- Central Government notified a decision to extend the benefit of Rs.6,000 per year under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme to all 14.5 crore farmers in the country, irrespective of the size of their landholding.
- The responsibility of identifying the eligible beneficiary farmers and uploading their data on PM-KISAN portal lies entirely with the State Governments.
CPWD to install ‘solar trees’ in residential complexes of central govt employees
- The Central Public Works Department (CPWD) has directed its officials to explore the possibility of installing “solar trees” in residential complexes of government employees.
- The move intends to promote renewable energy and reduce carbon footprint by the CPWD, the prime construction agency of the central government. The concept of “solar trees” was first implemented at the National Salt Satyagraha Memorial built by the CPWD at Dandi in Gujarat
Main event of International Yoga Day celebrations to be held in Ranchi
- The main event of International Day of Yoga 2019 celebrations will be held at Prabhat Tara in Ranchi on 21st of this month. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the main function.
- Jharkhand government has planned to celebrate the day in grand manner by organising a week-long programme starting June 15.
Mumbai metro completes five years of operation
- The Mumbai metro completed five years of operation. The present metro line connects Versova western part of the metropolis to Ghatkopar in the central line.
UAE Cabinet adopts “National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031”
- The UAE Cabinet adopted the National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 during its meeting at the Presidential Palace in Abu Dhabi. One of the most important initiatives is the development of the first ‘National Wellbeing Observatory’ to support the policymaking process.
- It also aims to promote an integrated concept of wellbeing, thus supporting the vision of the UAE Vision 2021 and the UAE Centennial 2071. The Strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels – individuals, society and the country.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Imports from Pakistan to India decline by 92% in March
- Imports from Pakistan to India has declined by 92 per cent to 2.84 million US dollars in March this year after imposition of 200 per cent customs duties on all products following Pulwama terror attack.
- India had revoked the MFN (Most Favoured Nation) status to Pakistan in the aftermath of the terror attack. It had granted the MFN status to Pakistan in 1996.
India pitches for promoting MSMEs in developing countries
- India pitched for promoting micro, small and medium enterprises, MSMEs in developing countries as they are important for employment and income generation. This was emphasised by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal at G20 nations meet in Japanese city Tsukuba.
- MSMEs contribute around 45 per cent in India’s exports, about 25 per cent to the GDP from service activities and over 33 per cent to the manufacturing output of India. G-20 is a grouping of 20 developed and developing nations.
MoU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
South Korea, UK agree to sign free trade deal ahead of Brexit
- South Korea and Britain have agreed in principle to sign a separate free trade deal ahead of Britain’s exit from the European Union in late October. The deal includes keeping zero-tariffs on South Korean exports such as auto parts and automobiles.
- As of 2018, South Korean exports to Britain amounted to about $6.4 billion in 2018, making up 1.05% of the country’s total exports.
MOBILE APP & WEBPORTAL
HPFS Mobile App
- Union Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched an online portal http://haj.nic.in/pto/ and a mobile App (HPFS) for the better organisation and experience of all Indian pilgrims. The quota for Indians to perform Haj has increased from 1,32,000 pilgrims to two lakh pilgrims in the last five years
IAAF to rebrand as World Athletics
- World athletics’ governing body, the IAAF, is to rebrand as World Athletics. The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) was initially founded in 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation. The body, currently presided over by Britain’s two-time Olympic 1500m gold medallist Sebastian Coe.
- The new brand identity will begin its rollout in October after the world championships in Doha and following congress’ approval of the change to the federation’s legal name.
Canadian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton secured a record-breaking seventh win at the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix after Sebastian Vettel was penalised for dangerous driving.
Rafael Nadal lifts Men’s Singles title for 12th time
- In Tennis, world number two Rafael Nadal has lifted the French Open Men’s Singles title for the 12th time. Nadal, the Spaniard defeated Austrian Dominic Thiem to win at the Roland Garros for the third straight year.
- He became the first player to win 12 Singles titles at the same Grand Slam and has now won 18 majors overall. Nadal is now just two titles behind Roger Federer’s all-time record of 20 majors and is three ahead of world number one Novak Djokovic.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here