Daily Current Affairs – June 25, 2019
June 25 – International Day of the Seafarer
- In 2010, the International Maritime Organization (IMO), decided to designate June 25th as the International Day of the Seafarer as a way to recognize that almost everything that we use in our daily lives has been directly or indirectly affected by sea transport. The purpose of the day is to give thanks to seafarers for their contribution to the world economy and the civil society; and for the risks and personal costs they bear while on their jobs.
- 2019 campaign – I Am On Board with gender equality
Centre to provide CNG, PNG infrastructure in 406 districts
- The Centre has chalked out a plan to provide CNG and PNG infrastructure in 406 districts of the country. The Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said, till 2014, only 66 districts of the country were covered under Compressed Natural Gas and Piped Natural Gas infrastructure. He said that after expanding this facilites, 70 per cent of the population will get clean energy.
Government to launch Universal Smart Card Driving License
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided to modify the format of driving licenses to laminated card without chip or smart card type driving licences.. The Ministry has prescribed a common standard format and design of the Driving Licence for whole of the country which includes the placement of information, standardization of fonts etc.
Call Centre Inaugurated in Mumbai DGFT
- A call center has been set up by the Mumbai office of the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) to address doubts/queries/questions of exporters and importers. General information about foreign trade policy and international trade may also be asked.
Maharashtra to get floating solar power generation plants on four dams
- Maharashtra is all set to get floating solar power generation plants on four dams. State Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan told the Legislative Council that the backwater of Wardha, Bebala, Khadakpurna and Pentakli dams has been selected for setting up the floating solar panels as per the Swiss Challenge method. He informed that the estimated investment per megawatt is 4.45 crore rupees, with a total installed capacity of 500 MW.
Vigilance mechanism to ensure fast redressal of grievances for drought mitigation
- The Maharashtra government will soon set up its vigilance mechanism to ensure fast redressal of grievances regarding drought mitigation. The Minister informed that the government will keep strict vigilance through tehsil and district level committees to ensure officials are available for farmers. He said that the state government will recommend changes in the parameters for the compensation payment.
Council of Europe restores Russia′s voting rights
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe has voted in favour of restoring Russia’s voting rights, five years after they were revoked over its illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula. Despite strong opposition from Ukraine, the assembly voted 118 in favour and 62 against, with 10 abstentions. The move paves the way for Russia to participate in the election of a new secretary general for the pan-European rights body.
Women peacekeepers team from India assumes duties in UN mission in Congo
- A team of women peacekeepers from India has assumed duties in the UN mission in Congo with a focus on working with women and children worst affected by conflict. The Female Engagement Team from India, comprising nearly 20 women peacekeepers began its deployment with the United Nations Organisation Stabilisation Mission Democratic Republic of Congo also known as MONUSCO which is considered one of the most challenging peacekeeping missions under the UN flag.
UAE launches UN-developed anti-money laundering platform
- The UAE has become the first country in the Gulf to launch a new reporting platform developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime to curb organised crimes. The UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit launched the new anti-money laundering platform ‘goAML’ , which has been open for registration since May. This was announced by officials of UAE Central Bank in Abu Dhabi.
Business & Economy
Govt contemplating integration of E-Way Bill mechanism of GST with FASTag system of NHAI
- Government is contemplating integration of E-Way Bill mechanism of GST with FASTag system of National Highway Authority of India.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said a Committee of Officers was formed by GST Council comprising of officers from Central government, state Governments, Goods and Services Tax Network, National Informatics Centre to examine the issue of use of RFID data for strengthening of E-Way Bill mechanism under GST.
Business leaders forum
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur addressed prominent business leaders of UAE during a business leaders forum in Dubai. He said that the state offers attractive incentives under its industrial policy to boost investments. An MoU was signed between Sharaf Group and Government of Himachal Pradesh to explore investment possibility in the logistic park, dry port and supporting infrastructure.
National Workshop on Experience Sharing under Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- The Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated a one day workshop on experience sharing under Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM) in New Delhi. SPMRM focuses on cluster based integrated development through Geo – spatial Planning for holistic development of the region while encouraging innovation and integrated and inclusive rural development.
MoU,Agreements & Cabinet Approval
World Bank approves $147 Million Loan to the Government of Jharkhand
- The Government of India, the Government of Jharkhand and the World Bank, signed a $147 Million Loan Agreement to provide basic urban services to the people of Jharkhand and help improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the State.
- The Jharkhand Municipal Development Project will focus on improving the municipal sector’s capacity to provide basic urban services. It will invest in urban services such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, and urban roads; and strengthen the capacity of the Jharkhand Urban Infrastructure Development Company (JUIDCO) as well as that of the ULBs to carry out reforms in the areas of urban finance and governance.
ICG to Open Its 5th Recruitment Centre in Uttarakhand
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) recruitment centre will be opened in Uttarakhand. It will be India’s fifth ICGrecruitment centre. Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat will lay the foundation of the land for this recruitment centre on June 28, 2019. This recruitment centre will be established at Kuanwala(Hararwala), Dehradun. It will be the 5th ICGrecruitment centre in Uttarakhand after Noida, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
App & Web Portal
- This Ministry of Road Transport and Highways through its flagship application called SARATHI (for Driving License) developed by NIC (National Informatics Centre) have a common countrywide database of all driving license holders. Almost 15 crore driving license records are available in its central repository (National Registry). The SARATHI application has the feature to identify duplicate records in real time online basis and access information about the challans if any, which facilitates the licencing authority that delinquent drivers do not get a duplicate driving licence.
Complaint Management System (CMS) application
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the Complaint Management System (CMS) is a software application. This application is for lodging complaints against banks and NBFCs with a view to improve customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
- Mr Das said application also improves transparency by keeping the complainants informed through auto-generated acknowledgements and enabling them to track the status of their complaints and file appeals online against the decisions of the Ombudsmen, where applicable.
Black Forest Cup
- In Boxing, India’s junior women pugilists clinched seven medals, including five gold, while the team was adjudged the best of the tournament in the Black Forest Cup in Villingen, Schwenningen, Germany. Ten countries including India, Ukraine, Germany, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Hungary, Lithuania, Mongolia, Greece, and Poland took part in this tournament. India’s powerful performances helped the contingent win the best team trophy.
First Bangladesh cricketer to score 1000 runs in World Cup
- Shakib Al Hasan became to first Bangladesh cricketer to score 1,000 runs in World Cups against Afghanistan. Shakib is the highest run-getter so far in the World Cup with 476 runs in six matches. Shakib, who already has two hundreds to his name in the competition, also became the 19th player overall to achieve the feat
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here