Daily Current Affairs – July 05, 2019
RRB recruitment exams to be conducted in 13 regional languages
- The government announced that recruitment examination of Regional Rural Banks, RRBs will be conducted in 13 regional languages in addition to English and Hindi. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the examination of direct recruitment of Scale-1 officers and Office Assistant in RRBs will be conducted in regional languages too. The regional languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malyalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
UP government launches toll-free CM helpline 1076
- In Uttar Pradesh, the State government today launched a toll-free Chief Minister helpline 1076 that will enable people from across the state to register their complaints and will ensure a time-bound action on the complaints also.
Tripura gets Rs. 358 crore from Centre for road projects
- The Centre has sanctioned an additional amount of Rs. 358 crore for construction of new roads in rural areas of Tripura. This would help the State government to complete the projects and infrastructure developmental works that were left unfinished in the State.
Bangladesh, China sign 9 instruments on various sectors
- China will provide 2,500 metric tons of rice to Bangladesh for the forcibly displaced Rohingyas from Myanmar. This was part of nine instruments signed between Bangladesh and China today. The nine instruments- five agreements, three memorandums of understanding (MoUs) and a document- were inked after the bilateral talks between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang at the Great Hall of People today
French to levy 3% tax on Internet giants
- France’s Lower House of Parliament approved a small, pioneering tax on Internet giants like Google, Amazon and Facebook. The Bill aims to stop multinationals from avoiding taxes by setting up headquarters in low-tax European Union countries. Currently, the companies pay nearly no tax in countries where they have large sales like France.
- The bill foresees a 3% tax on the French revenues of digital companies with global revenue of more than €750 million, and French revenue over €25 million.
Economic Survey projects 7% GDP growth in current fiscal
- Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tabled the Economic Survey 2018-19 in both Houses of Parliament. The survey projects GDP to grow at 7 per cent in 2019-20. The Indian economy is expected to grow at 6.8 per in 2018-19 while maintaining macro-economic stability.
- The fiscal deficit has been pegged at 3.4 per cent of GDP for 2018-19. The survey has provisionally estimated 2.9 per cent growth rate for the agriculture, forestry and fishing sector.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented Union Budget
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the General Budget 2019-20 in Parliament. This is the first Budget of the PM Narendra Modi Government in the second tenure. The annual financial statement of a government, the Union budget gives details about the revenue and expenditure of the Centre in the past and estimated spending and projections for the coming year.
- The Article related to the annual financial statement is 112.The term Budget is not mentioned in our Indian constitution.
Elavenil bags silver in women’s 10m air rifle
- Elavenil Valarivan bagged the women’s air rifle silver medal in the 30th Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade Event in Italy.
Frank Lampard returns to Chelsea as head coach
- Frank Lampard was appointed Chelsea football team’s head coach ,confirming a dramatic return for one of the club’s greatest ever players. The former England midfielder succeeded Maurizio Sarri.
To Follow Channel – Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here