Daily Current Affairs – July 24, 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis.you can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of July 24th,2019.
July 24 – National Thermal Engineer Day
- National Thermal Engineer Day is observed every year on 24 July to show the importance of advancing the thermal engineering industry and is provide the electronics industry with innovative, high-quality and cost-effective thermal management and its packaging solutions.
Income Tax Department to celebrate Aaykar Diwas 2019
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and all field offices will be observing and celebrating the 159th Income Tax Day i.e. AaykarDiwas on 24th July, 2019. It was on 24th July, 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime during the first war of independence against British Rule. This is why 24th July is observed as the Income Tax Day.
Boris Johnson to take over as Prime Minister of Britain
- The new leader of Conservative party Boris Johnson will take over as Prime Minister of Britain. Mr Johnson is scheduled to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace where he will be invited to form a new government. Mr Johnson will inherit a wafer-thin parliamentary majority and like his predecessor Theresa May, he will continue to rely on the support of the Democratic Unionists of Northern Ireland to govern.
French submarine that vanished in 1968 found in Mediterranean
- The French navy announced that it had located the wreck of a submarine that disappeared in 1968, voicing hope that the 50-year mystery of how it vanished may finally be solved. Minerve, as the submarine was called, was last heard from off the southern coast of France with 52 sailors on board on January 17, 1968.
New India-UK scheme to fund students from UK to visit India:
- A new India-UK bilateral pilot scheme has been launched to support Britain’s universities to collaborate with Indian partners to send UK students to India during their studies. It aims to generate up to 200 opportunities for undergraduate students at UK universities to visit India by March 2021.
Scientists develop method to convert Jute fibre into low-cost bio-degradable cellulose sheets:
- Scientists in Bangladesh have developed a method to convert Jute fibre into low-cost bio-degradable cellulose sheets named ‘Sonali’ which can be used as wrapping material and carrying bag. The Eco-friendly jute poly bags made up of Sonali can be used in garments and food packaging work and they are not harmful for human health.
ISRO’s solar mission Aditya-L1
- ISRO has planned to launch the mission during the first half of 2020. Aditya-L1 is meant to observe the Sun’s corona. It will image and study the sun from the First Lagrange point also known as L1 Lagrange point.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
IMF cuts India’s growth forecast for 2019-20 to 7%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut India’s growth forecast for 2019-20 to 7% from its forecast in April of 7.3% on poor demand conditions, it said on Tuesday. The IMF’s World Economic Outlook July update also cut India’s growth forecast in 2020-21 to 7.2% from the previous estimate of 7.5%.
Defence Minister approves increase in number of awards given to NCC cadets:
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the increase in the number of awards given to the cadets of National Cadet Corps (NCC) from the existing 143 to 243 and cash incentives in various categories.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Piyush Goyal to launch Global Innovation Index
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will launch the Global Innovation Index (GII) in New Delhi. An official release said, this is for the first time that the GII is being launched in an emerging economy, the GII probes and quantifies the state of national innovation ecosystems, including their strengths and weaknesses.
ICC Test Rankings
- Virat Kohli has retained the number one spot with 922 points in the latest ICC Test batsmen’s rankings. New Zealand’s Kane Williamson is second with 913 points, and Cheteshwar Pujara is in third position.
Federation Cup to be held in January 2020
- Pondicherry Basketball Association (PBA) will host the Federation Cup after more than two decades, in the third week of January 2020.
46th women’s chess championship
- Former Asian champion and second seed Bhakti Kulkarni defeated top seed Soumya Swaminathan in the seventh round to emerge the sole leader with 6.5 points in the 46th National women’s chess championship.
Abhay, Tanvi win Bengal Open squash titles
- Abhay Singh of Tamil Nadu and Asian Games medallist Tanvi Khanna clinched the men’s and women’s titles respectively in the sixth Bengal Open squash tournament in Kolkatta .
Candidates are requested to visit the page regularly to study the daily current affairs from our website. If you have any queries regarding the current affairs , share in the comment sections!
Good Luck For Ur Exams!!