Daily Current Affairs of 31st January 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs of 31st January 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All the Best…
World Leprosy Eradication Day 2021:
Every year, the last Sunday of January is celebrated as World Leprosy Eradication Day. In this year (2021), the day celebrated on January 31. In India, the day is celebrated on January 30. Leprosy is nothing but an infectious skin and nerve disease.
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
PM Addressed 125th-anniversary celebrations of Prabuddha Bharata:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the 125th-anniversary celebrations of Prabuddha Bharata. The event is being organized by Advaita Ashrama situated at Mayavati in Uttrakhand. Prabuddha Bharata, a monthly journal of the Ramakrishna order started by Swami Vivekananda in 1896. The journal ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ has been an important medium for spreading the message of India’s ancient spiritual wisdom.
About Prabuddha Bharata:
- Founded on- 1896
- Location- Uttrakhand
President launched the Polio National Immunisation Day
The President launched the Polio National Immunisation Day on 30th January 2021 (Saturday) by administering Polio drops to some children at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The day is also popularly known as Polio Ravivar. The government said that around 89 lakh children were given polio drops under National Polio Immunisation drive across the country.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Union Minister – Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Ministers of State – Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey
North Eastern State of Mizoram host “Asia Pacific Youth Exchange”
North Eastern State of Mizoram host “Asia Pacific Youth Exchange” (APYE) meet. The Vice President of the Republic of Philippines, Maria Leonor Gerona Robredo and the Chief Minister of Mizoram Zoramthanga, Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) were presented in that meet.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave the vision of “Act East”, thus imparting a new push to our approach and focus to our relations with neighbouring countries through “Act East” policy.
- ‘Act East’ policyis a diplomatic initiative to promote economic, strategic and cultural relations with the vast Asia-Pacific region at different levels.
- Dr Jitendra Singh – Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs has revised the MSP for MFP list
Ministry of Tribal Affairs has revised the MSP for MFP list. It has included 14 additional MFPs in the list ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Development of Value Chain for MFP’ has come as a beacon of change. Since April 2020, this scheme was implemented by TRIFED in association with State Government Agencies across 21 states of the country. This scheme has emerged as a source of great relief for tribal gatherers injecting more than Rs 3000 crores directly in the tribal economy.
- TRIFED- Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India
About of Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Union Minister – Shri Arjun Munda
- Ministers of State – Smt. Renuka Singh Saruta
Nepal has allotted 679 MW Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project to SJVN
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director SJVN informed that the Government of Nepal has allotted 679 MW Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project in Nepal to SJVN through competitive bidding.
- The Investment Board of Nepal in its meeting on 29.01.2021, chaired by Honorable Prime Minister of Nepal, Sh. K.P. Sharma Oli has awarded the Project to SJVN.
- The Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project is located in Sankhuwasabha and Bhojpur Districts of Nepal. On completion 679 MW Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project will generate 3561 million units of electricity per annum.
- SJVN’s present installed capacity is 2016.51 MW and aims to be a 5000 MW Company by 2023
- Chairman & Managing Director SJVN- Sh. Nand Lal Sharma.
- Currency- Nepalese Rupee
- Prime Minister- K. P. Sharma Oli
Telangana gets an additional Rs.179 crore for capital expenditure:
Additional amount is given as incentive for completing reforms in three out of four citizen-centric areas. Telangana has become the 2nd State after Madhya Pradesh to complete reforms in 3 out of 4 stipulated areas.
- Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has approved capital projects of an additional amount of Rs.179 crore in Telangana.
- Additional projects have been approved in the State as an incentive for undertaking reforms in three out of the four stipulated citizen-centric areas, i.e. One Nation One Ration Card, Ease of Doing Business, and Urban Local Bodies Reforms.
- The projects have been approved under the newly launched scheme of “Financial Assistance to States for capital projects”.
- Capital- Hyderabad
- CM- K Chandrasekhar Rao
- Governor- Tamilisai Soundarajan
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced Rs 400 crore to 20 lakh farmers
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has transferred of benefits worth Rs 400 crore by a single click to 20 lakh farmers of the state under the “Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana in Sagar”. He said that Rs 400 crore will be deposited in February and March in accounts of farmers.
He said that the government decided to provide an additional assistance of Rs 4,000 per annum to the farmers in two installments.
- Capital- Bhopal
- CM- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
Guitarist Hilton Valentine has passed away:
Renowned guitarist Hilton Valentine,who had created one of the most famous riffs in pop music in the 1960s. The Animals’ record label ABKCO Music described Valentine as a “pioneering guitar player influencing the sound of rock and roll for decades to come”. Now he has passed away at the age of 77.
Bengali actor Indrajit Deb has passed away
Bengali actor Indrajit Deb died. He was 73 and passed away by cardiac arrest. Indrajit Deb, who was also suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and kidney ailment for a long time. Deb played an important role in Karuanamoyee Rani Rasmoni and web series.
ECONOMICS & BANKING
GST revenue collection for January 2021 reaches nearly 1.2 lakh crore
Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenue collection for January 2021 has almost touched 1.2 lakh crore rupees. The Finance Ministry said, the gross GST revenue collected in January this year is 1 lakh 19 thousand 847 crore rupees of which CGST is 21 thousand 923 crore rupees, SGST is 29 thousand 14 crore rupees, IGST is 60 thousand 288 crore rupees including 27 thousand 424 crore rupees collected on import of goods. the revenues for the month of January this year are 8 per cent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year, The GST revenues during January 2021 are the highest since introduction of GST.
About Ministry of Finance
- Union Finance Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Ministers of State (Finance)- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Power Cup 2021:
8- ‘Power Cup 2021’, a friendly cricket match played between the Ministry of Power and Power CPSU teams at New Delhi.
Shri R.K. Singh, Union Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India was the Chief Guest on the occasion. The Ministry of Power team won the match by 37 runs after scoring 159 runs in 20 overs.
About Ministry of Power:
- Ministers of State (Power)- Shri R.K. Singh
Jay Shah was appointed as Asian Cricket Council (ACC) President:
BCCI secretary Jay Shah was unanimously elected as the President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC). Shah is the youngest administrator to be appointed as the ACC President. He replaced Nazmul Hassan, as ACC President.
- Mr Sourav Ganguly – President, BCCI
- Nazmul Hassan -President, Bangladesh Cricket Board
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|