Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 04, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Birth Centenary of music Pandit Bhimsen Joshi celebrated on 04 February.
Two-day event has been organized in Mumbai to commemorate the doyen of music Pandit Bhimsen Joshi. The event, “SwarBhaskar 100” will culminate with Jayateerth Mevundi’s rendition of Panditji’s compositions.
- Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal has organised a musical programme called ‘Abhivadan’
- To celebrate the musical maestro’s life and music, Films Division will be screening his biopic titled “Pt Bhimsen Joshi”
World Cancer Day 2021:
World Cancer Day is observed on 4 February around the world. The Union of International Cancer Control (UICC) has taken the observance of World Cancer Day as a ‘global uniting initiative’. This Day was originated at the first World Summit against Cancer in 2000.
- The theme for World Cancer Day 2021 is ‘I Am and I Will.’
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
Ministry of Home Affairs revealed SRE for the UT of Jammu & Kashmir:
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has revealed that the annual Security-Related Expenditure (SRE) for the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir was 1,267 crore rupees.
- MoS for Home Affairs, G. Kishan Reddy revealed that, the annual SRE for J&K was 1,267 crore rupees 2019-2020, the allocated amount was released under SRE (Police).
- The MHA also released 40.20 crore rupees for the modernization of Jammu & Kashmir Police for the same period.
About Home Ministry:
- Union Home Minister – Amit Shah
- Minister of States (Home Affairs) – Shri G. Kishan Reddy
IPFT and ICAR-DRMR organized workshop on Techno-management:
- Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology (IPFT) and ICAR-Directorate of Rapeseed-Mustard Research jointly organized workshop on “Techno-management options to control Orobanche in mustard-a pilot study”. The workshop was held at the project site and attended by the Scientists from IPFT, Gurugram and the ICAR-DRMR, Bharatpur
- On this occasion a technical bulletin and a leaflet on Orobanche management was released.
- IPFTàInstitute of Pesticide Formulation Technology
- ICAR-DRMRà ICAR-Directorate of Rapeseed-Mustard Research
- ICARà Indian Council of Agricultural Research
Indian Railways set to complete 56 key projects in the Feb-Mar 21 & FY 2021-22:
Indian Railways has identified 56 projects all across the country in various zones to be completed by Feb-Mar, 2021 and the FY 2021-22. These projects are aimed to boost Rail Infrastructure and make the Indian Railways network future ready.
- Other than these major projects, for the convenience of Public, Railways is set to complete more than 1200 Road Over Bridge (ROB), Road Under Bridges (RUB), Subways this year.
- Number of existing ROB/RUBs in the country is 14000.
- Union Minister of Railways- Shri Piyush Goyal
PM inaugurates the Chauri Chaura centenary in UP:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the Chauri Chaura centenary celebrations via video-conferencing in Uttar Pradesh. The day marks the 100 years of the Chauri Chaura incident. Mr Modi will also release a postal stamp dedicated to the Chauri Chaura incident. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be present on the occasion.
- The UP government has planned a year of celebrations through February 4, 2022 in all 75 districts of the state.
- Chauri Chaura incident was held on 4 February 1922 at Chauri Chaura in the Gorakhpur district, UP. This is a part of Non-cooperation movement, when a large group of protesters participating in this event.
Union Ministers jointly launch web portal for monitoring GOBARDHAN activities:
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Minister of State for Jal Shakti Rattan Lal Kataria today jointly launched a unified web portal for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities across the nation.
- Gobardhan is an important component of Swachh Bharat Mission Phase-2 for organic solid waste management.
- Gobardhan scheme aims at supporting villages effectively to manage their cattle dung and other organic waste.
India host “Indian Ocean Region Defence Ministers’ Conclave”:
India will host Indian Ocean Region (IOR) Defence Ministers’ Conclave today on the sidelines of Aero India 2021. The theme of the conclave is ‘Enhanced Peace, Security and Cooperation in the Indian Ocean’.
- The conclave is an initiative to promote dialogue in an institutional, economic and cooperative environment that can foster the development of peace, stability and prosperity in the Indian Ocean region.
- Till 30th January, 2021, there is total confirmed physical participation from 18 countries.
About Ministry of Defence:
- Union Minister- Shri Raj Nath Singh
- Minister of State (Defence) – Shri Shripad Yesso Naik
- Defence Secretary – Ajay Kumar
- Joint Secretary in the department of Defence Production – Anurag Bajpai
US extend Nuclear Arms Control Treaty with Russia for five years:
United States has extended the New START (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) nuclear arms control treaty with Russia for five years. Now the pact has been extended to 5th February 2026.
- The treaty, which first went into effect in 2011, limits the United States and Russia to deploying no more than 1,550 strategic nuclear warheads
About United States:
- Capital- Washington, D.C.
- President- Joe Biden
- Currency- United States Dollar
- Capital- Moscow
- President- Vladimir Putin
- Currency- Russian ruble
WB conducts census of water birds for the first time:
State Forest Department of West Bengal conducts the census of water birds of the wetlands of the state including the Sunderbans. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife) Vinay Kumar Yadav said that 65 species have been found so far.
- This study was conducted from 12th of January to 2nd of February in 54 different locations across the state. For the first time, a black necked grebe has been traced in the Sunderbans .
About West Bengal:
- CM- Mamata Banerjee
- Governor- Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital- Kolkata
UP will be the first state in E- budget (Paperless) presentation:
Uttar Pradesh government is making preparations to table a paperless budget of the state, by taking a cue from the recent E- budget presentation by Union Finance Minister.
- The budget in Up will be in E- budget (Paperless) format which will be held in the third week of this month.
- Chief Minister Yogi Aityanath has ordered the implementation of the E Cabinet system.Uttar Pradesh will become the first state to do so after the Union government.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
- Capital- Lucknow
TN government planned to set up an Eco-park at a cost of Rs 189 crore:
- The TN government has given administrative permission to set up an eco-park in the Ennore estuary at a cost of Rs 189 crore. Accordingly, work on setting up an eco-park on behalf of the Public Works Department in the Ennore estuary is to be commenced.
- This project aims to Tasks such as increasing the green cover and creating an environment conducive to the breeding of the animals that live there.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
RBI directed NBFCs and UCBs to implement “RBIA system”:
Reserve Bank of India has directed Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and Urban Co-operatives Banks to implement a risk-based internal audit system.
- All deposit taking NBFCs, all non-deposit taking NBFCs with asset size of 5,000 crore rupees and above and all urban cooperative banks with asset size of 500 crore rupees and above will have to implement the system by March 2022.
- RBI directed to implement this risk-based internal audit system, to strengthen the quality and effectiveness of the internal audit system.
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- Governor- Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors:
- Rajeshwar Rao,
- M. D. Patra,
- K. Jain,
- P. Kanungo
Rs. 6,000 crore released to States for GST compensation shortfall:
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure has released the instalment of Rs. 6,000 crore to the States for GST compensation shortfall. Out of this, an amount of Rs. 5,516.60 crore has been released to 23 States and an amount of Rs. 483.40 crore has been released to the 3 Union Territories.
- Till now, 76 per cent of the total estimated GST compensation shortfall has been released to the States & UTs with Legislative Assembly.
- The amount released this week was the 14th instalment of such funds provided to the States.
About Ministry of Finance
- Union Finance Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Ministers of State (Finance)- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Ajay Singh re-elected as President of Boxing Federation of India:
Ajay Singh has been re-elected as President of the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) after defeating Ashish Shelar.
- Ajay Singh is also the chairman of Spicejet airlines.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- President- Ajay Singh
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|