Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 09, February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below
DRDO signed MoU with IISc Bengaluru:
DRDO today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru for creation of JATP–Center of Excellence (JATP – CoE) in the premises of IISc. This aims to expand the scope and objective of existing Joint Advanced Technology Program. IISc signed the MoU at a virtual event held in DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi.
- As per the MoU, DRDO will support JATP in equipping it with advanced and unique research facilities that will enable the faculty and scholars to conduct advanced research.
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Chairman- Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second (Amendment) Bill, 2021:
Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri today introduced the National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second (Amendment) Bill, 2021 in the Rajya Sabha.
- The Bill will replace the The National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020.
- It amends the National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second Act, 2011.
India Pharma & India Medical Device 2021 Programme:
The Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, jointly with FICCI & Invest India is organizing the 6th edition of annual program on Pharmaceuticals & Medical Device sector – ‘India Pharma & India Medical Device 2021’ scheduled on 25-26 February & 1-2 March 2021.
- Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Mr D V Sadananda Gowda mentioned that, the total market size of the Indian Pharma Industry is expected to reach the US $ 130 Billion by 2030. The medical devices industry in India has the potential to reach $ 50 bn by 2025.
About Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers:
- Union Minister- Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda
- Ministers of State- Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya
- Secretary (Department of Pharmaceuticals)- Ms S Aparna
MoD and BEL sign contract for procurement of Software Defined Radio (Tactical):
Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) have signed a contract for procurement of Software Defined Radio Tactical (SDR-Tac) worth over Rs 1,000 crore.
- The SDR-Tac, jointly designed and developed by Defence Electronics Applications Laboratory (DEAL) of Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The DRDO and BEL are planning to provide latest SDR with security grading to the Armed Forces.
- BEL-Bharat Electronics Limited
- Headquarters- Bangalore
- Founded- 1954
Portal for the unorganised labour:
Secretary Labour & Employment Shri Apurva Chandra explained various labour initiatives for labours in the Budget 2021. He explained about “Portal for the unorganised labour”. This portal will be rolled out by May/June 2021 for registration and other facilities of workers in the unorganised sector, including gig and platform workers and migrant workers.
- Portal will collect relevant information on gig, building and construction workers, among others.
- It will help to formulate Health, Housing, Skill, Insurance, Credit and food schemes for migrant workers.
About Ministry of Labour & Employment:
- Ministers of State (Independent Charge) – Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar
- Secretary (Labour & Employment) – Shri Apurva Chandra
Rs.200 crores allotted for the new scheme-“SVAMITVA”:
A provision of Rs.200 crores has been made for a new scheme-SVAMITVA to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners possessing houses in inhabited rural areas in villages. This scheme also aims to issuance of property cards to the property owners through survey of village areas with help of drone technology by Survey of India.
- SVAMITVA is abbreviated as, “Survey of Villages And Mapping with Improvised Technology In Village Areas”
- This scheme will use drones for the survey. The drone requirements for SVAMITVA scheme have boosted the Drone Manufacturing sector in India.
- By 2022, SVAMITVA Scheme would ensure Continuous Operating Reference System (CORS) network coverage across the Country.
World Sustainable Development Summit 2021:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 via video conferencing. The theme of the summit is ‘Redefining Our Common Future: Safe and Secure Environment for All’.
The 20th edition of The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) flagship event- the World Sustainable Development Summit will be held online from 10th to 12th February.
- TERI -The Energy and Resources Institute’s
- Founded- 1974
- Director General- Ajay Mathur
- Headquarters- New Delhi
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon- The longest lived American astronaut spacecraft:
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon has officially become the longest-lived American astronaut spacecraft ever built. SpaceX’s Crew Dragon achieved it by beating an 84-day record set by the Apollo-era Skylab-4 mission almost half a century ago.
- Headquarters – California, USA
- Founded- 2002
- CEO- Elon Musk
Afghanistan received 500,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine from India:
The vaccines were produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII), which is producing the AstraZenecca/Oxford University vaccine for mid- and low-income countries.
1,000 e-bikes flagged off in Tamil Nadu:
1,000 e-bikes and next generation bikes were flagged off by City corporation commissioner G Prakash. The city corporation now has 1500 bikes in 100 docking stations around Chennai. Once the e-bikes picked up from the docking station, it’ll last for 24 hours. The system is expected to be expanded depending on the demand.
- Capital: Chennai
- CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
ECONOMICS & BANKING
RBI released the Annual Report of the Ombudsman Scheme 2019-20:
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the Annual Report of the Ombudsman Schemes for the year 2019-20. There was an increase of around 65 per cent in the receipt of complaints out of which almost 92 per cent have been disposed.
- RBI has three Ombudsmen- Banking, Non-Banking Finance Company (i.e. NBFC) and digital transactions. A common man can approach these Ombudsmen for their grievances.
- The three Ombudsman Schemes are being merged and integrated into a single scheme which will be rolled out starting from June this year.
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- Governor- Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors:
- Rajeshwar Rao,
- M. D. Patra,
- K. Jain,
- P. Kanungo
BCCI is permitted to use Drones:
Latest 10th Jobs Freshers 2021
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the deployment of drones for live aerial cinematography of the India Cricket Season in 2021.
- The conditional exemption is valid till 31st December 2021 from the date of issue of the letter
- BCCI- Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Headquarters- Mumbai
- President – Sourav Ganguly
- Secretary- Jay Shah (Asian Cricket Council President)
FT Global MBA Ranking 2021:
Financial Times’ Global MBA ranking is the list of top 100 business schools in the world. There are 05 Indian Business schools have been ranked among the top 100 colleges which provides MBA. FT Global MBA ranking index is prepared on the basis of salaries drawn by the alumni three years after they graduate, quality of research and etc.
- Indian School of Business (ISB) – 23rd Rank
- IIM Bangalore -35th Rank
- IIM Calcutta -44th Rank
- IIM Ahmedabad -48th Rank
- IIM Indore -94th Rank
Insead-Featured business school (France / Singapore) has topped in this list followed by London Business School (UK). University of Chicago: Booth (US) has placed in third place.
|Insead-Featured business school (France / Singapore)||1st|
|London Business School (UK)||2nd|
|University of Chicago: Booth (US)||3rd|
George Shultz, US Secretary Of State Passed Away:
George Pratt Shultz was an American economist, diplomat, businessman Former Director of the United States Office of Management and Budget passed away. He was identified for a diplomatic opening that helped end the Cold War. Now he was passed away at his 100 years.
- Capital-Washington, D.C.
- President- Joe Biden
- Currency- US Dollor
Indian Tennis legend Akhtar Ali Passed Away:
One of the great tennis players of India Akhtar Ali has passed away. He represented India in 08 “Davis Cup” in between the years of 1958 to 1964. His last ATP tour outing was Bombay in November, 1974.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|