Daily Current Affairs of 25 February 2021
Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs 25 February 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Central Government announced Free Vacancies for above 60 years of age and those above 45 years:
The third phase of COVID-19 vaccination for people above 60 years of age and those above 45 years of age will commence on March 1. The third phase of vaccination will be done at 10,000 government and over 20,000 private centres, is likely to cover over 27 crore people.
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar announced that these vaccines will be given free of cost.
MIS-2021 will be inaugurated on March 02:
Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is organizing ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’ on a virtual platform (www.maritimeindiasummit.in) from 2nd March to 4th March 2021. This summit aims to promote both international and domestic investment in the Ports and Maritime Sector. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the summit on 2nd March 2021 virtually.
- Signing of MoUs with various entities has already started. Mumbai Port Trust has signed MoUs worth Rs. 7400 Crore so far. It is expected that Rs. 20,000 Crore worth MoUs will be signed as part of this Summit.
- MIS-2021 will celebrate Chabahar day on 04th March 2021
About Mumbai Port Trust:
- Chairman – Rajiv Jalota.
- Location- Mumbai, Maharashtra
MoA signed between ICAR-CCARI, Goa and Goa State Biodiversity Board:
Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) was signed between ICAR-Central Coastal Agricultural Research Institute (ICAR-CCARI), Goa and Goa State Biodiversity Board (GSBB) for commercialization of ICAR-CCARI’s technology “Process for manufacturing of Nutmeg Pericarp Taffy” at ICAR-CCARI.
- This MoA was signed by ICAR-CCARI Director (A), and Dr. Pradip Sarmokadam, Member Secretary, GSBB, Goa, in presence other officials.
- Director (A), ICAR-CCARI- Dr. E.B. Chakurkar.
India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies:
At the time when BRICS is celebrating its 15th anniversary, India assumed the BRICS Chairship in 2021. India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies virtually.
- This was the first meeting on the BRICS Financial Cooperation under India Chairship in 2021.
- The theme BRICS-15 is “Intra-BRICS Cooperation, India’s approach is focused on strengthening collaboration through Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus”.
Centre Approves Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme forIT hardware products:
PLI Schemes will help in making India a globally competitive destination for electronics manufacturing and create domestic champions to further our mission of achieving an AtmaNirbhar Bharat. Union Cabinet approves Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for IT Hardware Products- Laptops, Tablets, All-in-One Personal Computers (PCs) and Servers.
- The proposed scheme is likely to benefit major global as well as domestic manufacturers of IT hardware products namely Laptops, Tablets, All-in-One PCs, and Servers.
- The total cost of the PLI Scheme for IT Hardware is approximately INR 7,350 crore over 4 years.
Indian Navy Signed a Contract With Secon:
Indian Navy has signed a contract with Secon for acquisition of eight missiles cum ammunition barge for Indian navy. The Missile Cum Ammunition Barges will be inducted in Indian Navy to undertake the mission needs for embarking/ disembarking Missile, Gunnery and ASW Ammunition.
- Delivery of Barges is scheduled to commence from Jul 22.
- The project adds another milestone to the Make in Indiainitiative of the Government of India.
Union Cabinet approved PLI Scheme for Pharmaceuticals:
Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Pharmaceuticals over a period of Financial Year 2020-21 to 2028-29.
- The Scheme will benefit domestic manufacturers, help in creating employment and is expected to contribute to the availability of wider range of affordable medicines for consumers.
- The duration of the scheme will be from FY 2020-21 to FY 2028-29. The Scheme is also expected to bring in investment of Rs.15,000 crore in the pharmaceutical sector.
Three Patents filed by NMPB:
National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH has initiated a special drive to identify the patentable projects which were sponsored under the ‘Research and Development Component’ of Central Sector Scheme (CSS) on “Conservation, Development and Sustainable Management of Medicinal Plants”.
NMPB so far identified three unique projects which are novel in nature and patentable:
- Bio-production of secondary metabolites from Aegle marmelos
- In vitro production of secondary metabolites from tree species of Dashmoola through hairy root cultures.
- Development of anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory agents from Dioscoria floribunda.
Candidate Drug “TGR63” developed by the JNCASR:
The novel drug candidate TGR63 developed by the JNCASR team has potential as a promising drug candidate for AD treatment. A team of scientists led by Professor T. Govindaraju from JNCASR has designed and synthesized a set of novel small molecules and identified a lead candidate which they found could reduce the toxicity of Amyloid Beta (Aβ) toxicity.
- The detailed studies established the molecule called TGR63 as the lead candidate to rescue neuronal cells from amyloid toxicity.
- Mice brain affected with Alzheimer’s disease when treated with TGR63 showed a significant reduction of amyloid deposits, validating its therapeutic efficacy.
12th Technical Group Meeting of National Statistical Offices of BRICS:
The 12th Technical Group Meeting of National Statistical Offices of BRICS Countries has been held on 24th February 2021 at New Delhi in virtual mode under the aegis of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India.
- This meeting has been chaired by Director General (Statistics), MoSPI and attended by National Statistical Offices of BRICS countries.
- The meeting also discussed the draft proposals by ROSSTAT, Russia on cooperation between BRICS Countries.
- BRICS Countries- Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa
Canada and US set “net-zero emissions” by 2050:
The first bilateral meeting of Canada and US was conducted through virtually. The US and Canada will align policies and goals to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050, Both counties launching a high-level climate ambition ministerial and to align our policies and our goals and to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Capital-Washington, D.C.
- President- Joe Biden
- Currency- US Dollor
Ghana became the 1st country to receive coronavirus vaccine through the COVAX initiative:
Ghana became the first country to receive a batch of free anti-coronavirus vaccine doses through the COVAX initiative. This initiative is a shot-sharing scheme behind the inoculation drive in poorer countries. The World Health Organization (WHO), which leads COVAX together with Gavi the Vaccine Alliance and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations.
- The shipment of 600,000 AstraZeneca doses was the first step in immunizing the West African nation of 30 million.
Union Cabinet has approved the proposal to impose President’s Rule in Puducherry:
Union Cabinet has approved the proposal to impose President’s Rule in Puducherry after the Congress-led government in the union territory lost power during a vote of confidence. The Lieutenant General had recommended President’s Rule in Puducherry and the Union Cabinet has approved.
- Capital- Puducherry
- CM- Velu Narayanasamy (Resigned)
- Governor- Tamilisai Soundararajan (additional charge)
Shri Vijay Sampla appointed as Chairman of NCSC:
Shri Vijay Sampla took the charge of Chairman National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) in New Delhi
- Shri Vijay Sampla has been the former Union Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment from 2014-19.
Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar NM appointed as Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF):
Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar, NM took over as the Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF) from Rear Admiral Krishna Swaminathan, AVSM, VSM at a formal ceremony held onboard the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya on 24 Feb 21.
- Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar, a specialist in Gunnery and Missile Warfare, was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 01 Jul 1988.
Kiran Ahuja Appointed as Head the Office of Personnel Management:
US President Joe Biden has selected Kiran Ahuja to head the Office of Personnel Management, a federal agency. This agency manages America’s more than two million civil servants. Kiran Ahuja is a 49-year-old Indian-American lawyer and rights activist
- She would become the first Indian-American to serve this top position in the US government.
- Ahuja served as the Chief of Staff to Director of the US Office of Personnel Management from 2015 to 2017.
Union Minister awarded the top-performers of PM-KISAN Scheme:
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar awarded the top-performing States and Districts for their exemplary work with respect to the implementation of the Pradhan MantriKisanSamman Nidhi Scheme.
- Pradhan MantriKisanSammanNidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme was launched on 24th February, 2019. The aim of this scheme aims to providing income support to all landholding Small and Marginal farmers’ (SMF) families across the country.
The award winners (State):
|Parameter||Other States||NE States & Hilly Terrain|
|Highest % of Aadhar authenticated beneficiaries||Karnataka
|Good Performance in Physical verification and Grievance Redressal||Maharashtra||Himachal Pradesh|
|Fastest Take off||Uttar Pradesh||–|
Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander has Passed Away:
Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander has passed away at the age of 60. He is known for tracks such as “Sanu Ishq Barandi Chad Gayi” and “Ek Charkha Gali De Vich”, had tested positive for coronavirus and was undergoing treatment. He started his career in the early 80’s.
- His album ‘Husna de Malko’ is famous one which released n 1991.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|