Daily Current Affairs December 07, 2021
7 December: International Civil Aviation Day:
- International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated every year on December 7 to recognize the importance of aviation to the social and economic development of the world.
- The purpose of International Civil Aviation Day is to help generate and reinforce worldwide awareness of the importance of international civil aviation to the social and economic development of States, and of the unique role of ICAO in helping States to cooperate and realize a truly global rapid transit network at the service of all mankind.
- The theme of the day will be “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development” has decided by the Council.
- The Day was established in 1994 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the day in 1996.
- International Civil Aviation Organization headquarters is Montreal, Canada.
- International Civil Aviation Organization Council President was Salvatore Sciacchitano.
Goldman Sachs : India’s GDP to grow 9.1% in 2022:
- Wall Street brokerage, Goldman Sachs has estimated India’s GDP growth at 9.1 per cent in 2022.
- After India’s economy contracted by a sharp 7 per cent in 2020, Goldman Sachs pegged the economy to grow at 8 per cent in 2021 and 9.1 per cent in 2022.
- It earlier estimated India’s economic growth to 11.1 per cent in the fiscal year to March 31, 2022.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York City.
Amitabh Kant launches Genesys International’s digital twin platform:
- Genesys International has launched its pan India program to make the Digital Twin of the entire Urban India.
- The launch programme was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog.
- The creation of this very accurate 3D data will mean a host of applications would open up in high-definition mapping, which was hitherto not possible, for smart cars, e-commerce, logistics, gaming, utilities planning for next-generation networks in telecom, renewable energy and in disaster management and emergency response.
Argentina beat six-time champions Germany to lift Junior hockey world cup:
- Argentina beat six-time champion German side 4-2 and win the title after 16 years in the men’s Hockey Junior World Cup at the Kalinga Stadium.
- Argentina has become the only third team after Germany (six wins) and India (2001, 2016) to win multiple Junior Hockey world cup titles.
- Defending champions India finished fourth in the junior hockey world cup 2021 after losing 1-3 to France in the third-place match.
- *Best Player of the Tournament: Timothée Clément (FRANCE)
- *Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Anton Brinckman (GERMANY)
- *Hero Top Scorer of the Tournament: Miles Bukkens (NETHERLANDS) (18 goals)
- *Odisha Fair Play Award: Team Chile
- *Odisha Fans Choice Award for Best Goal of the Tournament: Ignacio Nardolillo (ARGENTINA)
- *Hockey India Maximum Team Goals: NETHERLANDS (45 goals)
- *Hockey India Best Goal Saved of the Tournament: Mahmoud Seleem (EGYPT)
- *AM/NS India Best Coach of the Tournament: Johannes Schmitz (GERMANY)
Gujarat became India’s Largest Manufacturing Hub:
- Gujarat has left behind Maharashtra to become the country’s leading manufacturing hub, according to data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Gujarat saw its Gross Value Addition (GVA) in manufacturing grow by 15.9 per cent annually between FY12 to FY20 to stand at Rs 5.11 lakh crore, data shows.
- GVA is an economic metric that measures the supply of goods and services in an economy.
- Meanwhile, Maharashtra’s annual growth rate stood at nearly half of Gujarat’s at 7.5 per cent for the same time period and its GVA for manufacturing stood at Rs 4.34 lakh crore in FY20.
- Maharashtra is still the leading provider of services in India, with the state’s services GVA growing by 12.6 per cent annually, standing at Rs 15.1 lakh crore in FY20.
IDFC FIRST Bank debuts India’s first standalone metal debit card:
- IDFC FIRST Bank announced the launch of FIRST Private Infinite, the country’s first-ever standalone metal debit card, in partnership with Visa.
- FIRST Private Infinite is a lifetime free card designed specifically for customers who are part of the Bank’s FIRST Private program, premium savings and wealth offering.
- The FIRST Private program offers an unrivalled banking and investment experience to customers and comes with a range of exceptional investment, banking, lifestyle and wellness benefits.
- The Bank’s digital wealth management solutions are available to customers on the mobile app and net banking platform which offer unique features such as a ‘Consolidated Investment Dashboard’.
*IDFC FIRST Bank CEO was V. Vaidyanathan.
*IDFC FIRST Bank Headquarters at Mumbai.
*IDFC FIRST Bank Founded in October 2015.
December 7:National Armed Forces Flag Day
- National armed forces day is also known as the National flag day of India.
- The day is every year celebrated and observed on 7th December.
- A committee was set up on August 28, 1949, under the then Defense Minister of India.The committee decided to observe a Flag Day annually on December 7.
- All three branches of the Indian armed forces, The Indian Army, The Indian Air Forces, and The Navy, showcase a variety of shows, carnivals, dramas, etc to highlight to the general public the efforts of their personnel to ensure national security.
Best practices in municipal solid waste management report released by NITI Aayog:
- Waste-wise Cities: Best practices in municipal solid waste management – a comprehensive knowledge repository of how Indian cities are managing their solid waste – was released on 6th December by NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO Amitabh Kant,Special Secretary Dr K Rajeswara Rao, and CSE Director General Sunita Narain jointly release the report.
- India’s solid waste management sector has witnessed unparalleled growth in last few years.
- The Swachh Bharat Mission Phase 2 is launched to further strengthen the efforts for a clean India.
- The new report is the result of a country-wide study and survey jointly conducted by NITI Aayog and CSE.
- Report documents best practices in 28 cities from 15 states – from Leh in Ladakh to Alappuzha in Kerala, from Indore in Madhya Pradesh to Dhenkanal in Odisha, and from Gangtok in Sikkim to Surat in Gujarat.
India’s first woman psychiatrist, Sarada Menon, passes away at 98:
- Sarada Menon, the longest-serving head of the Institute of Mental Health, died in Chennai on Sunday.
- Born in Mangaluru, she had her education in Chennai. She was a graduate of the Madras Medical College and did her psychiatry training at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences in Bengaluru.
- She is the country’s first woman psychiatrist and was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1992.
- She founded the Schizophrenia Research Foundation (SCARF India) in 1984 along with psychiatrist R. Thara.
PM Modi inaugurated thought Leadership Forum on FinTech ‘InFinity Forum’:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated a thought leadership forum on FinTech, ‘InFinity Forum’.
- The event was hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), under the aegis of the Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg.
- Indonesia, South Africa and the United Kingdom were the partner countries in the 1st edition of the Forum.
- NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, Invest India, FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) are some of the key partners of 2021’s Forum.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|