Daily Current Affairs –December 05, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of December 05, 2019.
December 05 – International Volunteer Day
- The International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development (5 December), more commonly referred to as International Volunteer Day (IVD), is an international observance mandated by the UN General Assembly in 1985. It offers an opportunity for volunteer-involving organizations and individual volunteers to promote volunteerism encourage governments to support volunteer efforts and recognize volunteer contributions to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at local, national and international levels. International Volunteer Day is celebrated by many non-governmental organizations, civil society, and the private sector, among others. It is also marked and supported by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme.
- 2019 Theme: Volunteer for an Inclusive Future.
December 05 – World Soil Day
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) Conference, in June 2013, endorsed World Soil Day, and requested official adoption at the 68th UN General Assembly. In December 2013, the 68th session of the UN General Assembly declared 5 December as the World Soil Day.
- World Soil Day 2019 will be held under the theme, ‘Stop Soil Erosion, Save our Future’!
Bangladesh-India shipping secretary-level meeting begins
- A two-day-long meeting between Shipping Secretaries of India and Bangladesh began in Dhaka. The Shipping Secretary of Bangladesh Abdus Samad said that the two countries will discuss issues like land port facility, transhipment fees, dredging of navigational rivers among others.He said Bangladesh and India will also discuss ways to improve immigration and customs arrangement and management of passenger and cruise ships.
President, Prime Minister and Defence Minister attend At Home reception on Navy Day
- President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended At Home reception on occasion of Navy Day in New Delhi.The reception was organised at the residence of Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh.
PM Modi, Maldivian President jointly inaugurate four key development projects
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maldivian President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih jointly inaugurated four key development projects covering a wide range of sectors through video conference. One of the projects includes the lighting up of Male using LED lights. Another project is the launch of the RuPay card in Maldives.Three fish processing plants were inaugurated and a Fast Interceptor Craft was gifted to the Maldives.Prime Minister Modi said, it has been a landmark and significant year for India-Maldives relationship.
Fit India School Rating System launched as part of Fit India Campaign
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju jointly inaugurated the newly constructed Cricket Stadium at KV No. 1, Delhi Cantt in Delhi . They also launched the Fit India School Rating System. Member of Parliament Smt Meenakshi Lekhi graced the occasion along with other dignitaries.
- Union HRD Minister in his address said that healthy India is the cornerstone in making New India. He said that the Fit India program is an innovative initiative launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to increase the awareness among the masses and to encourage people to adopt healthy lifestyle.
Cabinet approves launch of Bharat Bond Exchange Traded Fund
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for creation and launch of Bharat Bond Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) to create an additional source of funding for Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs) Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), Central Public Financial Institutions (CPFIs) and other Government organizations. Bharat Bond ETF would be the first corporate Bond ETF in the country.
Union Minister Prahlad Patel attends Hornbill festival in Kohima
- Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (Independent Charge), Prahlad Singh Patel attended the ongoing Hornbill Festival at Kisama, near Kohima.Addressing the gathering at a cultural function, Mr Patel said, festivals are a reflection of one’s cultural identity and heritage.While acknowledging the rich and unique cultures of Nagas, the Union Minister said that Centre will extend all possible help to preserve and promote the rich cultural, tradition and heritage of the Nagas.
MP govt proposes 5 per cent quota for sportspersons in jobs
- The Madhya Pradesh government would introduce a bill in the Legislative Assembly to earmark five per cent reservation to sportspersons in State jobs.This was disclosed by the state’s Sports and Youth Welfare Minister, Jitu Patwari in Bhopal. He was speaking to reporters after scaling a 40-feet-tall rock wall at the sports ground of the Barkatullah University in the state capital.
RANKING AND INDEXES
Virat Kohli regains no.1 spot in ICC Test rankings
- India captain Virat Kohli regained the top spot in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Test rankings in batting.Australian Steve Smith slipped a rung in the latest list issued in Dubai. Kohli, who had struck a fine 136 in the day-night Kolkata Test against Bangladesh last week, reached 928 points.
Navy Day being celebrated
- Navy Day is being celebrated by Southern Naval Command in Kochi. Vice Admiral A K Chawla, Flag Officer and Commander-in-Chief of Southern Naval Command, laid a wreath during a solemn ceremony conducted at the war memorial in the Naval Base to pay homage to the Navymen who made the supreme sacrifice while defending the nation.
- The warships of Southern Naval Command were also dressed with multiple signal flags to mark the festive occasion. Navy Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the Indian Navy’s audacious and devastating attack on Karachi harbour on this day during the 1971 Indo-Pak war, which contributed to the ultimate victory of the Indian Armed forces over Pakistan.
SUMMIT AND CONFERNCES
Shri DV Sadananda Gowda addresses FAI Annual Seminar on ‘New Approach to Fertilizer Sector’
- The Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers, ShriDV Sadananda Gowda addressed at Valedictory Session of the Fertilizer Association of India (FAI) Annual Seminar on ‘New Approach to Fertilizer Sector’. Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, NITI Aayog, Shri K.S.Raju, Chairman, FAI, Shri Satish Chander, Director General, FAI and representatives of the industry were also present on the occasion.
- Speaking about the need to have self-sufficiency in domestic production of fertilizers, Shri Gowda said that India is a country of 1.3 billion people, which is set to rise to 1.5 billion by 2040. Providing food security to such a big population is prime responsibility of the Government, he added. The Minister said that fertilizers play an important role and act as an important input in agricultural production, so achieving self-sufficiency in domestic production is necessary.
Chief of the air Staff Participates in Pacific Air Chiefs’ Symposium 2019
- Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria PVSM AVSM VM ADC, Chief of the Air Staff is participating in the Pacific Air Chiefs’ Symposium 2019 (PACS 2019) at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. The theme for this year’s symposium is ‘A Collaborative Approach to Regional Security’.
- The conference will bring together Air Chiefs from across the Indo-Pacific region who will provide perspectives on common challenges faced and on shared mutual interests while focusing on relevant topics like ‘Regional Security’, ‘Domain Awareness’, ‘Multi-Domain Awareness’, Ínteroperability’ and ‘HADR’. The symposium will also entail discourse and discussions on the combined effort required to maintain peace and security within the region In addition to the host country USA, Air Chiefs from 20 countries are present at the Symposium.
MoU and AGREEMENTS
MoU between Election Commission of India and Election Commission of Maldives on cooperation in the field of Electoral Management & Administration
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of the Election Commission to enter into the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Election Commission of Maldives on cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration. This includes exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of organizational and technical development of electoral process; support in exchanging information, institutional strengthening and capacity building, training of personnel, holding regular consultations; etc.
India tops medals tally with 34 Gold in South Asian Games
- At the 13th South Asian Games in Nepal, India topped the medals tally on the fourth day with 70 medals comprising 34 gold, 23 silver and 13 bronze. Indian athletes dominated in most of the competitions.On the fourth day of games, India clinched 28 medals including 17 gold. Athletics grabbed maximum 10 medals including 5 Gold. In Tennis, Table Tennis, Kho-Kho, Indian men’s and women’s teams won gold each. In Taekwondo India clinched six medals, including 3 Gold.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|