Daily Current Affairs –December 03, 2019
In this page, we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams, it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other states PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of December 03, 2019.
December 03 – International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities (December 3) is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992. It has been observed with varying degrees of success around the planet. The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. It also seeks to increase awareness of gains to be derived from the integration of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life. It was originally called “International Day of Disabled Persons” until 2007.Each year the day focuses on a different issue.
- The theme for 2019 is “The Future is Accessible”
NATO leaders to meet to mark 70th birthday of alliance
- The leaders of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO, will meet to mark the 70th birthday of the organization in London.Scotland Yard said road closures will be in place in central London during the meet.The two-day summit includes receptions at Buckingham Palace and Downing Street plus a working session at a golf resort in outer London. United States President Donald Trump landed in Britain ahead of the summit.
Global Migration Film Festival organised in Dhaka
- The Global Migration Film Festival (GMFF) was organised in Dhaka. The day-long festival screened 15 films on the theme of migration and its various aspects. The GMFF started in 2016 and this year it is being organised across many cities in the world between 28 November to 18 December. The short films and documentaries shown during the festival were selected through a global competition for which 600 entries were received. The jury selected 30 best films out of which 15 were screened in Dhaka.
Several programmes being organized to mark 35th anniversary of Bhopal Gas Tragedy
- In Madhya Pradesh, several programmes are being organized in Bhopal to mark the 35th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, one of the worst industrial disasters of the world. A large number of people were killed due to the leak of Methyl Isocyanate gas from Union Carbide Plant in Bhopal on the intervening night of 2nd and 3rd December in 1984, while millions of people are still affected.
PM Modi congratulates new President of European Commission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated Ursula von der Leyen on taking over as the President of the European Commission. In a telephonic conversation with Ms Leyen, Modi said, that her leadership of the European Commission had special significance since she was its first woman President.The Prime Minister pointed out that India-EU partnership is based on shared values like democracy, respect for rule of law, multilateralism, rules-based trade and rules-based international order.
A new museum of antiquities proposed to be opened in Purana Quila by April 2020
- The Government/Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) will set up another museum to house objects excavated from across India which have been lying in the Central Antiquities Collection (CAC) at Purana Quila.
- . The objective to open new museum is to display antiquities such as tools, potteries, terracotta, beads of semi-precious stones, sculptures, architectural fragments, etc. for general public, students and research scholars.
NASA finds India’s crashed Vikram lander
- A NASA satellite orbiting the Moon has found India’s Vikram lander which crashed on the lunar surface in September.The United States space agency said, the NASA released an image taken by its Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, LRO that showed the site of the spacecraft’s impact and associated debris field on 6th of September.NASA released a mosaic image of the site on 26th of September and invited the public to search it for signs of the lander.A person named Shanmuga Subramanian contacted the LRO project with a positive identification of debris.
Philippines: Typhoon Kammuri makes landfall at Luzon
- In the Philippines, typhoon Kammuri has made landfall at Luzon, the country’s largest and most populous island.Around two lakh residents have been evacuated from coastal and mountainous areas over fears of flooding, storm surges and landslides
Navy Gets its First Woman Pilot
- A batch of three trainee officers of the 7th Dornier Conversion Course (DOCC) including a lady officer qualified as Dornier pilots and were awarded the coveted golden “Wings” at a simple and solemn ceremony held at INS Garuda on 02 Dec 19. Vice Admiral AK Chawla, AVSM, NM, VSM, the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C), Southern Naval Command was the Chief Guest for the ceremony who presented the “Wings” to the passing out officers, signifying their qualification as naval aviators.
- The FOC-in-C South Rolling Trophy for standing first in overall order of merit was awarded to Lieutenant Shivam Pandey. Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Shivangi created history as the first woman pilot of the Indian Navy, on successful graduation from the course.
- The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter terrorism under United Nations mandate is scheduled to be conduct at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019. The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter terrorist operations in semi urban terrain.
- The exercise schedule is focused upon training on various lectures & drills associated with counter terrorist handling & firing with each others weapons, special heliborne operations and case studies of various operations carried out in counter terrorist environment. Two tactical exercises are scheduled during the training; one on counter terrorism scenario and the other on Humanitarian and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
APP AND WEB PORTAL
Corporate Affairs Ministry Launches Independent Director’s Databank
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, with the objective of strengthening the institution of Independent Directors under the Companies Act, launched the Independent Director’s Databank in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
- The Databank, which was launched by Shri Injeti Srinivas, Secretary Ministry of Corporate Affairs, can be accessed at www.mca.gov.in or www.independentdirectorsdatabank.in, is a pioneering initiative of the Ministry to provide an easy to access & navigate platform for the registration of existing Independent Directors as well as individuals aspiring to become independent directors.
Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar takes over as C-n-C of Andaman & Nicobar Command
- Lt Gen Podali Shankar Rajeshwar took over as the 14th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN) on December 01, 2019. He is a graduate of Indian Military Academy and was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in December 1980. Lt Gen Rajeshwar has actively taken part in Operation Meghdoot and Operation Rakshak.
Priyam Garg to lead India at ICC U-19 World Cup 2020
- Uttar Pradesh batsman Priyam Garg will lead defending champions India in next year’s Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup to be held in South Africa.The All-India Junior Selection Committee, which met in Mumbai yesterday, picked the squad for the tournament to be held from 17th January to 9th February next year.
India to clash with Pakistan at South Asian Games
- In Nepal, Indian men’s volleyball team will clash with Pakistan in the finals of 13th South Asian Games.The much-awaited encounter of the games will be played at Dasaratha Rangshala in Kathmandu.Expressing confidence Indian captain Jerome Vinith said, the team is fully geared up and India will continue its winning streak. Coach G E Sridharan said, India has an outstanding record in South Asian Games and his team will beat Pakistan in the finals.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|