28th January 2021 Current Affairs. Here we have given the Today Important Current Affairs of 28th January 2021 PDF to prepare for the Competitive Exams (TNPSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB & Banking Exams). This Top Current Affairs will be prepared from Various Sources like PIB, The Hindu, Economic Times, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express & all government websites. Also here we provided the Important Events of the day.
Current Affairs is the Important Part to get a good score in General Awareness Section. So Aspirants must know the current news for the Exam Preparation. In Our Blog, We have given the Latest Trending News about different Facts like International Current Affairs, National Current Affairs, Banking Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, etc. For those who want to get a government job, it will be useful for your Preparation. All The Best…
Data Privacy Day (DPD) 2021:
Data Privacy Day (DPD) is celebrated annually on January 28. This day is celebrated in around the world to call attention to data privacy and protection. This day celebrated for creat awareness about the importance of privacy, highlights easy ways to protect personal information, and reminds organizations that privacy is good for business.
- Theme for DPD 2021 is “Own Your Privacy.”
Lala Lajpat Rai’s birth anniversary 2021:
Lala Lajpat Rai is popularly known as ‘Punjab Kesari’ or the ‘Lion of Punjab’. He was actively campaigned for Swadeshi and propagated the message of self-reliance in India at the time of freedom fight of India. Lala Lajpat Rai was born on January 28th in 1865.
- In this year the 156th edition of his birthday is celebrated around india.
International Customs Day, 2021 Celebrated on 26th January.
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) observed the International Customs Day, 2021 (26.01.2021). The theme for this year as given by World Customs Organization (WCO) is “Customs bolstering Recovery, Renewal and Resilience for a sustainable supply chain”.
The main programme was held at the Ministry of Finance, North Block and organized through virtual mode which was attended by Chairman CBIC, Sh. M.Ajit Kumar, Members of the Board, senior officers and all field formations and Directorates under CBIC.
- Chairman CBIC- Sh. M.Ajit Kumar
- Ministry of Finance – Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
Check more details about the important days for various competitive exam preparations by using the link given below.
India and IEA members have signed the framework for Strategic Partnership:
India and International Energy Agency members have signed the framework for Strategic Partnership to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation and enhance global energy security, stability and sustainability. This partnership will lead to an extensive exchange of knowledge and would be a stepping stone towards India becoming a full member of the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- International Energy Agency Headquarters- Paris, France
Incumbent President of Portugal won a second five-year term
Incumbent President of Portugal, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has won a second five-year term after winning the 2021 Portuguese presidential election. 72-year-old former leader of the Social Democratic Party won 61 per cent of the total votes. He is serving as the President of the country since 9 March 2016. He will start his second term of service from March, 2021.
- Portugal Capital: Lisbon;
- Currency: Euro.
Ministry of Finance has released an amount of over 12,351 Crore to RLB:
- Ministry of Finance has released an amount of over 12,351 Crore rupees to 18 states for providing grants to the Rural Local Bodies. This is the 2nd instalment of basic grants released in the financial year 2020-21. The grant has been released to 18 states that have provided the Utilisation Certificate for the first instalment and on the recommendation of the Panchayati Raj Ministry.
- The grants to RLBs are released as per the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission to create community assets and improve financial viability of the RLBs.
- 15th Finance Commission Chairman- N K Singh.
Ministry of Textiles has signed a MoU with Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre of Japan:
- The Textiles Committee of Ministry of Textiles has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre of Japan to boost export of Textile and Apparel to Japanese market.
- The MoU signing ceremony was held through video conferencing which was presided over by Textiles Minister Smriti Irani and State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan Yasumasa Nagasaka. The main objective of the MoU is to provide required support to textile’s trade and industry for ensuring quality as per the requirement of Japanese buyers.
- Ministry of Textiles- Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
PM chaired the meeting of 35th edition of PRAGATI:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has chaired the meeting of 35th edition of PRAGATI, the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments. In the meeting, ten agenda items were taken for review including nine projects and one program. These nine projects have a cumulative cost of Rs. 54,675 crore concerning the 15 states.
- India PM- Narendra Modi.
- India Capital- New Delhi
- India Currency- Indian Rupee
U.P Chief Minister addressed the beneficiaries of PM Aawas Yojana – Urban:
U.P Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was addressing the beneficiaries of PM Aawas Yojana – Urban virtually, in an event held in Gorakhpur, after transferring Rs. 2409 Crore to 3,42,322 beneficiaries of the scheme across the State.
He stated that U.P is performing well in achieving the milestone of providing houses to all by the year 2022.
- P CM- Yogi Adityanath
- P Governor- Anandiben Patel
- P Capital – Lucknow
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare chaired the 148th WHO Executive Board:
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare digitally chaired the 148th session of WHO Executive Board, through Video Conference. Dr. Harsh Vardhan on unanimous support for Immunization Agenda 2030: “Vaccine coverage must continue to improve, particularly to reach vulnerable sections and reduce inequities” 2020 was the year of discovery for COVID Vaccines, 2021 will be the year we face the challenge of getting it to people across the world who most need it”
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare- Dr. Harsh Vardhan
Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs &Sports concluded 2nd edition of “Fit India School Week”:
Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs &Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju concluded the second edition of “Fit India School Week” program on January 27th, 2021. The 2nd edition of Fit India School Week started on 1st December 2020 and will conclude on 31st January 2021. It was conducted with the aim to encourage kids to inculcate physical activity and sports in their daily routine as school is the first place where habits are formed.The event saw engagement from over 3.5 lakh schools across India, who reported participation from thousands of students across the country.
- Director General of Sports Authority of India (SAI) -Mr. Sandip Pradhan,
- Ministry of Education – Mr Santosh Kumar Yadav
UP has become the first state in the country with two airstrips on expressway
UP complete the construction of the 3,300-metre-long airstrip near Kurebhar on Purvanchal Expressway. Now Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in the country with two airstrips on expressways. It will help to facilitate emergency landing and take-off of fighter planes. Uttar Pradesh also has an airstrip on Lucknow-Agra Expressway.
- Uttar Pradesh Capital: Lucknow.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel.
- Uttar Pradesh CM: Yogi Adityanath.
TN CM Edappadi Palanisamy inaugurated Jayalalithaa Memorial in Chennai:
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy has inaugurated Jayalalithaa Memorial in Chennai. The grand memorial is built on a nine acre land situated on the shores of the Marina Beach. The phoenix shaped memorial has a statue of Jayalalithaa and MGR with an artificial waterfall. The building was completed in a record period of 30 months.
- Tamil Nadu CM- Edappadi Palanisamy
- TN Governor- Banwarilal Purohit
- TN Capital – Chennai
ICC has announced introduction of the ICC Player of the Month awards:
International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the introduction of the ICC Player of the Month awards. The award will recognise and celebrate the best performances of both male and female cricketers across all forms of international cricket throughout the year.
- ICC Headquarters- United Arab Emirates
ECONOMY & BANKING
IMF projected an 11.5 per cent growth rate for India:
International Monetary Fund, IMF projected an 11.5 per cent growth rate for India in FY 2021-22. It makes India the only major economy of the world to register double-digit growth this year amidst the coronavirus pandemic. With the latest projections, India regains the tag of the fastest developing economies of the world. The Indian economy to contract by 8 per cent in the current financial year 2020-21, in its latest World Economic Outlook
- IMF Managing Director- Kristalina Georgieva
- IMF Headquarters: Washington, D.C. U.S.
FICCI expects India’s GDP is to contract by 8% in 2020-21:
India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to contract by 8 per cent in 2020-21, according to the latest round of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry’s (Ficci’s) Economic Outlook Survey. FICCI expects the economy to perform much better in the financial year 2021-22 with a GDP growth rate of 9.6 percent in FY22.
- FICCI Headquarters location: New Delhi.
Shri U. P. Singh has taken over as Secretary, Ministry of Textiles:
Shri U. P. Singh, a 1985 batch Indian Administrative Service Officer (IAS) of Odisha Cadre has taken over as Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Prior to this, he held the post of Secretary in the Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Minister of Textiles – Smriti Zubin Irani
- Minister of Jal Shakti- Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
J K Shivan has been approved as MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank:
- Board of Directors of Kerala-based Dhanlaxmi Bank has given approval to appoint J K Shivan as managing director and CEO of the Bank.
- Shivan, who is from Pallakad, Kerala, has over 37 years experience in State Bank of India (SBI) and worked in functional areas like commercial banking.
- Tagline- Tann Mann Dhan
- Headquarters- Kerala
Former India goalkeeper Prasanta Dora passes away:
Former India goalkeeper Prasanta Dora, who also played for the big three clubs of Kolkata football, passed away on Tuesday after losing the battle with ‘Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis’, a rare blood disease. Prasanta made his national debut in 1999 against Thailand in the Olympic qualifiers. He donned the national colours again in tournaments like SAFF Cup and SAF Games and earned a total of five international caps.
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports (Minister of State) – Shri Kiren Rijiju
Global Climate Risk Index 2021- India ranks 7th most affected in 2019:
India has been placed among the top 10 most affected countries by climate change, in the Global Climate Risk Index 2021. India ranks seventh among countries most affected in 2019 by climate change, according to the Global Climate Risk Index, 2021, released by Germanwatch — an NGO based in Bonn, Germany. Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Bahamas were the top three most affected countries in 2019 respectively.
- Germanwatch Headquarters- Bonn, Germany
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|