Daily Current Affairs August 27, 2022
Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian to win the Lausanne Diamond League title.
- Neeraj Chopra has brought pride to the motherland by becoming the first Indian to win a title at a Diamond League meet.
- 24-year-old Indian athlete Neeraj Chopra was ruled out of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games due to a minor injury sustained while winning silver at the World Championships last month. But, to make up for it, he has now made a record.
- Olympic champion and javelin ace Neeraj Chopra has created history by becoming the first Indian to win the Diamond League meet title by winning the Lausanne League.
- In his first attempt, his javelin throw reached a distance of 89.08 meters.
- Javelin throw of 89.08 meters is Neeraj Chopra’s third best effort in his best sports record.
- Neeraj Chopra (born 24 December 1997) is an Indian javelin thrower and a junior officer in the Indian Army.
- He was the first Indian athlete to win the World Junior Athletics Championships and the first Indian to win an Olympic gold medal.
UEFA Awards: Karim Benzema, Alexia Butellas win UEFA Player of the Year awards.
- Karim Benzema and Alexia Butellas were rewarded for outstanding seasons by winning the UEFA Men’s and Women’s Player of the Year awards at the ceremony in Istanbul.
- France striker Benzema captained Liverpool against Real Madrid in the Champions League final and scored 15 goals in the competition, while Putellas was top scorer in the Women’s Champions League, helping Barcelona reach the final, losing to Lyon.
- Voted by coaches who have played in European competitions and selected journalists from across Europe.
- Benzema beat a three-man shortlist that included Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne.
- Ancelotti beat Liverpool’s Champions League final defeat to Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola of Premier League winners Man City again.
- Butellas won his vote ahead of England’s Beth Mead and Germany’s midfielder Lena Oberdorf, who are joint Euro 2022 top scorers with six goals.
Discovery of flint clay pottery in Vembakotta excavations
- Excavation work has been going on since March 16 in the 25-acre archeological mound at Vadakarai Uchimate under Vaipattarangarai Vijayakarisalkulam Panchayat in Vembakottai near Chatur in Virudhunagar District.
- In this excavation, flint dice, takali, goat bones, pearls, conch bangles, female figure, bull figure, sports objects, axe, gold ornaments etc. have been found.
- An Agalvilakku, an ivory ornament and pendant, a flint pendant, a 2,000-year-old and spectacular vase of timeless art have been discovered.
- So far 15 pits have been dug to a depth of one and a half meters in this area. Various earthen pots have been found in every pit for the past few days.
- Archeology department officials said that 2 clay pots have been found in the same pit during the excavation on Friday.
Minister Anbil Mahesh has been selected as the leader of Sarana Saraniyar Movement.
- Taking charge in May last 2021, the DMK began to focus its vision on the Bharat Sarana Saranyar movement. School Education Minister Anbil Mahesh Poiyamozhi gave awards to the people involved in the movement on the first Independence Day function after coming to power.
- This award ceremony was not held for the past several years. Sarana Saranyar Movement works under the School Education Department. The Minister of School Education of the state will be elected as its Chairman.
- Anbil Mahesh Poiyamozhi has been selected as the head of Sarana Saraniyar Movement while the process of handing over the responsibility of Sarana Saraniyar Movement to the Minister of School Education is going on.
- The election for this was announced on September 10. However, Minister Anbil Mahesh Poiyamozhi has been selected as Annapost because no one has submitted a petition to contest against the Minister of School Education. Bharat Sarana Saraniyar Movement has now issued a notification for the same.
- Through this, Anpil Mahesh Poiyamozhi has been elected as the President of Tamil Nadu Bharat Sarana Saraniyar Movement after novelist Nedunchezhiyan, Aranganaigam, Professor Anbazhagan, Thangam Thennarasu.
- Scouting is one of the world-class youth movements. It is also one of the wonders of the world.
- This movement was developed in England in 1907 by Baden Powell.
Popular Leaders of the World – Prime Minister Narendra Modi tops
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has once again topped the list of world’s most popular leaders.
- 22 world leaders were included in a survey conducted by The Morning Consult on the popularity of leaders around the world.
- People chose PM Modi as a popular leader with an approval rating of around 75 percent in this survey.
- Thus, Prime Minister Modi is more famous than Prime Minister Modi, American President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Canadian President Trudeau, and French President Macron.
- Mexican President Lopez Obrador is second only to Prime Minister Modi with a 63% approval rating. Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is third with 58% support. US President Joe Biden is far behind with 41% support.
- In the last survey conducted in 2021, Prime Minister Modi ranked first in the list of popular world leaders.
National Football: West Bengal champions
- West Bengal won the 34th Postal Department National Football Tournament held in Chennai.
- The team beat Odisha 1-0 in the final at the Nehru Stadium. Kerala ranked 3rd and Karnataka 4th. Kerala beat Karnataka 2-1 in the 3rd place match.
- In the closing ceremony of the competition, Principal Commissioner of Income Tax Department, Chennai, Selvaganesh was the special guest and gave prizes to the winners.
- Tamil Nadu Postal Circle Chairman Rajendra Kumar and international football player Mohammed Amjad were the special guests.
- The West Bengal Football Team is an Indian football team that represents West Bengal in the Santosh Trophy.
- Became only the second Indian team to compete in a continental top tier tournament – the Asian Champions Club Tournament.
YU Lalit sworn in as the 49th Chief Justice of India
- Chief Justice N.V. Udai Umesh Lalit took over as the 49th Chief Justice as Ramana retired.
- On August 10, YU Lalith received the appointment letter as the 49th Chief Justice in the presence of the President of India Draupadi Murmu under Article 124(2) of the Constitution of India.
- Based on that President Drabupati Murmu administered the oath of office to him.
- U.Lalit, who has been sworn in as the 49th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, will hold the post for only 74 days. Also he will retire as he turns 65.
- Born in 1957 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, U.U.Lalith started working as a lawyer in 1983.He practiced in the Bombay High Court till 1985.
- He was declared a senior advocate by the Supreme Court in 2004. Appointed as Supreme Court Judge on August 13, 2014.
National Sports Day
- National Sports Day is celebrated on 29th August every year in India.
- We are celebrating the birthday of Hockey legend Major Dayan Chand as National Sports Day.
- We all know that hockey is the national sport of India. Dayan Market is a great hockey player whose birthday has been made Sports Day.
- India won its first Olympic gold medal through hockey. Dayan Chand played a key role in the 3-time gold medal winning Indian hockey team.
- Awards like Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna, and Dronacharya are given annually by the President on National Sports Day to athletes who have achieved achievements in sports.
- For the first time in 2012, the Government of India declared Dhyan Chand’s birthday, August 29, as National Sports Day.
DreamSetGo appoints Sourav Ganguly as first brand ambassador
- DreamSetGo has announced the “Maharaja of Cricket”, Sourav Ganguly as its first brand ambassador.
- Commenting on his association with DreamSetGo, Sourav Ganguly said, “DreamSetGo has been instrumental in revolutionizing lifelong engagement and curating personalized experiences and memories for sports fans.
- Welcoming the new brand ambassador, Monish Shah, Founder and Chief Commercial Officer, DreamSetGo said, “We are delighted to have Sourav Ganguly as our brand
- His unparalleled love and contribution to the game will help us reach fans across the country and enhance our ability to create unique and memorable experiences.
- As “Super Captain” of DreamSetGo, Ganguly will be instrumental in developing DSG’s curated experiences offered through its key partnerships with Manchester City, Chelsea FC, ICC Travel and Tours, AO Travel, F1 Experiences and more.
- Sourav Chanditas Ganguly is a former player and captain of the Indian cricket team. He is currently the President of the Cricket Board of Bengal.
- He is one of the four-member panel that governs the Indian Premier League matches. He was appointed by the Supreme Court in 2016.
Nagaland’s History Day: Shokuvi village has a second railway station.
- Nagaland state gets its second railway station after 100 years. Nagaland Chief Minister Nayebyu Rio confirmed on Twitter that it marked a historic moment with the inauguration of railway facilities at Shokhvi village.
- Second railway terminal passenger services on Dhansari-Shokuvi railway line have been started, Naibiu said.
- He said he was happy to flag off the Tony Polo Express from Shokuvi station, which is an alternative route for Nagaland and Manipur passengers to Guwahati.
- North East Frontier Railway General Manager Anshul Gupta thanked Naibiu for helping and guiding the Railways to bring up the second railway station.
- Jacob Jimomi, a minister in the Government of Nagaland, said the Tony Polo Express will boost trade and economic activity in the state.
- According to Jacob, it will also improve relations between Nagaland, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|