Daily Current Affairs – August 15 & 16 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of August 15 & 16 2019.
August 15 – 73rd Independence Day
- Independence Day is annually celebrated on 15 August, commemorating the nation’s independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947. The UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 and transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly.
India’s Largest Rural Sanitation Survey Launched
- Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 (SSG 2019) in the capital. To be instituted from August 14 to September 30, 2019, SSG 2019 will cover 17,450 villages in 698 districts across India and include 87,250 public places namely schools, anganwadi centers, public health centres, haat/bazaars/religious places, making it India’s largest rural sanitation survey.
Government to launch Jal Jeevan Mission
- The government will launch a Jal Jeevan Mission to bring piped water to households and resolved to spend more than Rs.3.5 lakh crore in coming years.
Unexploded Second World War bomb found in Kremlin
- An unexploded World War II bomb was found in the grounds of the Kremlin in Moscow during construction works. Kremlin was bombed between 1941 and 1942.
New cure for deadly strain of tuberculosis
- The three-drug regimen consists of bedaquiline, pretomanid and linezolid collectively known as the BPaL regimen. Pretomanid is the novel compound developed by the New York-based non-profit organisation TB Alliance and which received the FDA greenlight. The new treatment which cures highly drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis will drastically shorten the treatment period.
Hottest month on Earth
- July 2019 was the joint-hottest month on Earth (July 2016 was equally hot), according to the United Nations. Due to the rise in global temperature, in 2019, the extent of sea ice in the polar regions has dropped well below the average levels seen in past three decades. This is expected to add to the increasing sea levels, which have been steadily rising in the recent years.
CORAS (Commandos For Railway Security) of Indian Railways
- Minister of Railways and Commerce &Industry,Shri Piyush Goyal launched CORAS (Commando for Railway Security) of Indian Railways and new establishment manual for Railway Protection Force. Shri Goyal announced that a new state of the art commando training centre to be established in Jagadhri, Haryana.
Kalpana Chawla Award
- Ramyalakshmi, assistant director, fisheries, Cuddalore received the Kalpana Chawla award 2019. She showed exemplary courage and daring enterprise in taking on the illegal practice of purse seine fishing that is not only depriving traditional fishermen of catch but threatening the marine ecosystem as a whole in the region.
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award
- Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K. Sivan, under whose leadership, the organisation launched its Chandrayaan-2 mission, was awarded Tamil Nadu government’s Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award.
K.V.S. Babu IFS Memorial Gold Medal
- Kagaznagar Forest Range Officer (FRO) Chole Anita, who has emerged as a legend of sorts for her role in protection of forest and forest land. She received the prestigious K.V.S. Babu IFS Memorial Gold Medal in Hyderabad.
Kohli becomes first to score 20,000 international runs in a decade
- India skipper Virat Kohli became the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in 10 years. Kohli scored his second consecutive century to help India beat West Indies by six wickets in the third and final ODI.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|