Daily Current Affairs – August 09 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of August 9th 2019.
August 9 – International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 9 August commemorates the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. It is celebrated around the world and marks the date of the inaugural session of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations at the United Nations in 1982.
August 9 – Nagasaki Day
- On this day in 1945, a second atom bomb is dropped on Japan by the United States, at Nagasaki, resulting finally in Japan’s unconditional surrender. The bomb was nicknamed ‘Fat Man’ in reference to Winston Churchill ‘Fat Man’ killed 80,000 people on 9th August, 1945.
Union HRD Minister to launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive on 9th August 2019 in New Delhi to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in the country.
e-Rozgar Samachar launched to spread awareness about job opportunities
- The e-version of Rozgar Samachar has been launched recently by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar. It has been launched with a view to make aspirants aware of job opportunities in government sector including public sector enterprises.
CIC to organize Seminar on “Human Resource Development and Right to Information Act 2005”
- The Central Information Commission will hold a seminar on “Human Resource Development and Right to Information Act 2005” on 09th August 2019.
- The Seminar is aimed at recommending measures for improvement in transparency and accountability with a view to improved governance in Human Resource Development, specific to education sector.
India, Bangladesh to set up committee for optimum utilisation of water resources
- India and Bangladesh have agreed to set up a Joint Technical committee for optimum utilisation of Ganges water as being received by Bangladesh under the Ganga Water Sharing Treaty 1996.
- The Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna mega-basin is the second largest hydraulic region in the world.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Home Minister-level Talks between India and Bangladesh
- The Seventh meeting of the India-Bangladesh Home Minister Level Talks (HMLT) was held in New Delhi on 07 August 2019. The HMLT was co-chaired by Shri Amit Shah, Home Minister of India and Mr. Asaduzzaman Khan, Minister for Home Affairs of Bangladesh.
3rd Edition of Renewable Energy Investors’ Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST 2019)
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy organised Curtain Raiser ceremony for the 3rd Edition of Renewable Energy Investors’ Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST 2019) which will be held from 30th October to 2nd November 2019 in India.
- Objective of the event is to attract the right investments in renewable energy (RE) and present India’s RE story to the world.
Indigenous SDR, Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries for Indian Navy
- Defence Acquisition Council, DAC has accorded approval for procurement of indigenous Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries for the Indian Navy.
- It has been developed and manufactured in India by Indo-Russia Joint Venture Company, BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited.
Bharat Ratna Awards
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred country’s highest civilian honour Bharat Ratna on former President Pranab Mukherjee and posthumously on social activist Nanaji Deshmukh and singer Bhupen Hazarika.
NITI Aayog to launch the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India Awards
- The NITI Aayog will launch the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards in the capital on 9 August 2019.
- The Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs from across India.
- This year’s theme is ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’
International Hockey Federation FIH Rankings
- The Indian team, currently ranked world No. 5 in the International Hockey Federation FIH Rankings, will be the top-ranked team taking part in the next year’s Olympic Games.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|