Daily Current Affairs – April 25, 2019
April 25 – World Malaria Day
- World Malaria Day was established in May 2007 by the 60th session of the World Health Assembly, WHO’s decision-making body. Prior to the establishment of WMD, Africa Malaria Day was held on April 25. The theme for World Malaria Day 2019 is ‘Zero Malaria Starts with Me’, Paris to serve as host city for World Malaria Day 2019
‘Yaksha’: a book on Yakshagana dance for children
- Yakshagana artiste Priyanka K Mohan collaborates with Bookosmia to bring out a children’s book, Yaksha. Priyanka, plans to release the teaser of the book on April 29 as part of World Dance Day celebrations by Archana and Nidhi.
Narendra Modi in conversation with actor Akshay Kumar
- Famous Bollywood Star Akshay Kumar has interview Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, The interview covered several topics including the PM’s personal life, his interests and more.
Mysuru-Varanasi Express gets LHB coaches
- Train passengers from Mysuru to Varanasi are experiencing better riding comfort and amenities as the authorities have replaced the ICF (Integral Coach Factory) rake of Mysuru–Varanasi Express with that of LHB (Linke-Hofmann-Busch) rake.
While the overall State turnout was a record
- The Karnataka State may have registered the highest Lok Sabha poll turnout since its reorganization in 1956, The highest increase in voting (8.76%) has been seen in Mandya, which also recorded the highest voter turnout (80.23%).
Wet run of Kaleshwaram first pump a success
- Kaleshwram irrigation project reached a major milestone on Wednesday as the wet run of the first pump was conducted successfully in the Package-6 pump house near Nandi Medaram in Peddapally district.
Commissioning of Indian Coast Guard Vessel C-441
- A new Coast Guard vessel is commissioned by Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala Sri Tom Jose at Vizhinjam harbour, under the aegis of Regional Commander Western Region, Inspector General Vijay D. Chafekar. The Indian Coast Guard Ship C-441 is commanded by Assistant Commandant Amit K Choudhary.
RBI sells entire stake in NHB, Nabard
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has divested its entire stake held in National Housing Bank (NHB), the regulator for housing finance companies, and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) to the government, which now holds 100% in these entities.
- The transactions were completed on February 26 (Nabard) and March 19 (NHB). RBI had 100% shareholding in NHB, which was divested for ₹1,450 crore.
VCCI to ink deals with S. Korea
- After a fruitful interaction to explore overseas investments in Visakhapatnam during their recent visit to South Korea, a team from Vizagapatam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) decided to sign MoUs with the Indian Chamber of Commerce in Korea, Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Global CEO Club.
Russia’s Putin meet North Korea’s Kim
- Putin and Mr. Kim are set to have one-on-one meeting at the Far Eastern State University on the Russky Island across a bridge from Vladivostok. The meeting will be followed by broader talks involving officials from both sides.
Ghana launches medical drone service
- Ghana launched a fleet of drones to carry medical supplies to remote areas, with President Nana Akufo-Addo declaring it would become the “world’s largest drone delivery service”.
Archaeologists unearth ancient tomb with mummies
- Archaeologists have unearthed an ancient tomb with mummies believed to date back about 2,000 years in the southern city of Aswan. The tomb is from the Greco-Roman period that began with Alexander the Great in 332 B.C. It is located near one of Aswan’s landmarks, the Mausoleum of Aga Khan, who lobbied for Muslim rights in India and who was buried there after his death in 1957.
Asian Athletics 2019:
- U. Chitra 23-year-old from Palakkad retain her women’s 1500m gold, Ajay Kumar Saroj takes silver in the men’s 1500m in the Asian Athletics Championships. Dutee finished with a bronze and Prachi, M.R. Poovamma, Saritaben Gayakwad and V.K. Vismaya, won the women’s 4x400m relay silver.
The youngster won the senior National ranking tournament
- Former World junior No.1, A.S.S. Siril Varma, the men’s singles title-triumph in the recent all-India senior ranking badminton championship in Kozhikode.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here