1.World Autism Awareness Day is observed on 2 April 2022:
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed annually on April 2 by the member states of the United Nations.
- Purpose: This day is observed to raise awareness among its citizens about people with autism spectrum disorder around the world.
The theme for World Autism Awareness Day 2022 is: “Inclusive Quality Education”. The first World Autism Awareness Day was observed on April 2, 2008. World Autism Awareness Day is one of the seven official health-specific UN days.
- World Autism Organization: 1998;
- President of the World Autism Organization: Dr. Samira Al Saad;
- World Autism Organization Founded: Luxembourg.
- India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement signed today:
India-Australia to sign Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement The agreement will be signed at a ceremony in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
Ministry of Trade and Industry The growing India-Australia economic and trade relations will be an opportunity to contribute to the rapid diversity and deepening relationship between the two countries and to the stability and strength of the relationship.
- Minister of Commerce and Industry: Piyush Goyal
- Australian Minister of Commerce, Tourism and Investment: Dan Dehan.
- International Children’s Book Day is celebrated on April 02:
International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) has been celebrated annually on April 2, 1967 by the International Board of Youth Books (IBBY). IBBY is an international non-profit organization.
It aims to stimulate reading interest and focus on children’s books. In 2022, Canada celebrates International Children’s Book Day with this select theme: “Wings that help you soar every day.”
- Founder of the International Board of Books for Youth: Jella Lepman.
- International Board of Youth Books established: 1953, Zurich, Switzerland.
- International Board of Youth Books Headquarters: Basel, Switzerland.
- Intercept boat to Indian Coast Guard caravan base ICGS C-436 Available:
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG)’s interceptor boat ICGS C-436 arrived at the Karaikal base.
- According to the Ministry of Defense, the vessel has been set up in the vast coastal areas of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry to give a major boost to its operations. The domestically built ship C-436 is the 36th interceptor in its series.
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment capable of operating in tropical sea conditions and for close coastal surveillance.
- Organization for Pension Management – Raksha (Sparsh) Reaches Key Milestone:
- Organization for Pension Management- Raksha (SPARSH) has successfully reached the milestone by successfully putting nearly five lakh security pensioners on the podium. Sparsh is an integrated organization of the Ministry of Defense to automate and provide security pensions to pensioners and security personnel of the Indian Armed Forces.
- With over Rs 11,600 crore disbursed in the last financial year, Sparsh has grown exponentially since its inception, the ministry said.
- Anurag Thakur unveiled the logo, logo jersey and anthem of Gallo India University Games 2021:
Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur and Governor of Karnataka DC Gelad unveiled the Kellogg India University Games 2021 (KIUG 2021) logo, jersey, logo and anthem on April 01, 2022 at Sri Kandirava Stadium, Bangalore.
- The song is composed by Kannada rapper Chandan Shetty. And KIUG 2021 will be held in Karnataka from April 24 to May 3, 2022.
- This will be the second version of KIUG. The first edition was held in 2020 in Odisha.
- Karnataka has also launched the Khelo India processor for live updates on games.
- About 4500 athletes representing 20 sports from across the country will participate in KIUG 2021.
- Mahesh Verma appointed Chairman of NABH:
Mahesh Verma, Vice Chancellor, Indraprastha University, has been appointed as the new Chairman of the National Accreditation Board (NABH) for Hospitals and Health Providers.
NABH is a Constituent Board of the Quality Council of India (QCI). It is responsible for setting quality and certification criteria for hospitals and other health facilities. NABH is also a member of the Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).
- Recipient of Dr. Verma Padmasree and Dr. PC Roy Award.
- He has also received the National Science and Technology Award.
- NABH Founded: 2006, India;
- NABH Headquarters: New Delhi.
- NABH: National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers.
- Dr. S. Raju is the DG, Geological Survey of India:
Dr. S. Raju has been the Director General of the Geological Survey of India (GSI) since April 01, 2022. He took office on March 31, 2022 after retiring RS Kargal. Prior to this, Dr. Raju was in office. Additional Director General and National Chairman at GSI Headquarters, Task-III & IV.
Dr S. Raju joined the Geological Survey of India in 1988. Early in his career, he played a key role in the geographical map of the Bundelkhand Granite Complex in Uttar Pradesh.
- Turkmenistan promotes the implementation of 1,800 km TAPI gas pipeline project:
A joint statement issued at the end of the Afghanistan conference in Tunsi, China, said it would encourage the implementation of the 1,800-kilometer TAPI gas pipeline project suspended by Turkmenistan.
The announcement, which was part of a Tunsi initiative by Afghanistan’s neighbors, called for support for economic restructuring and practical cooperation with Afghanistan, and for Pakistan’s support for the resumption of work on the TAPI gas pipeline.
- Axis Bank acquired Citibank’s Indian consumer business for $ 1.6 billion:
Axis Bank has announced that it will acquire Citibank’s Indian Consumer Business for US $ 1.6 billion (Rs 12,325 crore) in all monetary deals.
The transaction includes Citibank India’s consumer banking businesses, including retail banking, credit cards, consumer loans and wealth management.
- Axis Bank Established: 3 December 1993;
- Axis Bank Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Axis Bank MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary;
- Axis Bank Chairman: Shri Rakesh Makija;
- Axis Bank Tagline: Patti Ka Naam Zindagi.
- Maharashtra Environment Minister Aditya Thackeray inaugurates Alternative Fuel Conference (AFC) in Pune:
Maharashtra Environment Minister Aditya Thackeray inaugurated the Alternative Fuel Conference (AFC) in Pune. The conference is co-hosted by the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board and the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) MCCIA. In his annual budget for 2022-23, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar proposed that by 2025, the share of electric vehicles in vehicle registrations would be 10% of public transport and 25% in major cities.
The Pune Alternative Fuel Conference was held with the aim of furthering Maharashtra’s commitment to accelerate the transition to a cleaner and greener movement and to help carbonate the transport sector.
- Uttar Pradesh is the leading vegetable producer in India:
- With a difference of one million tonnes in production in the 2021-22 crop year (CY) (July-June), Uttar Pradesh ranks first in vegetable production, pushing West Bengal into second place.
- Andhra Pradesh has been the largest producer of fruits since 2020.
- India’s horticultural production will be 0.4% lower at 333.25 million tonnes in 2021-22 than in the previous year (2020-21).
- The world’s largest electric cruise ship makes its maiden voyage to China:
The world’s largest electric cruise ship sailed for its maiden voyage on the Yangtze River and returned to the port of Yichang in China’s central province of Hubei.
The cruise ship is powered by a 7,500 kilowatt hour large-scale marine battery. The battery is powered by Contemporary Amperex Technology, the world’s No. 1 electric car maker. It was built and built in China. The ship is 16 meters wide and 100 meters long and is capable of carrying about 1,300 passengers.
- Capital of China: Beijing;
- Chinese currency: Renminbi;
- Chinese President: Xi Jinping
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|