Daily Current Affairs – April 17, 2019
April 17 – World Hemophilia Day
- World Hemophilia Day is an international awareness day for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. It is held annually on April 17, date of the birthday of Frank Schnabel, founder of the World Federation of Hemophilia. 2019 Theme: “Reaching Out: The First Step to Care”.
Ajay Dixit appointed CEO of Cairn Oil & Gas
- Cairn Oil & Gas, a vertical of Vedanta Limited, has appointed Ajay Dixit as its chief executive officer (CEO). Mr. Dixit succeeds Sudhir Mathur.
Summits & Conference:
National workshop on Loss and Damage in India
- A one-day National Consultation on Loss and Damage, to deliberate and brainstorm on emerging perspectives on approaches to assess, minimise and address climate-related loss and damage, was hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in New Delhi inaugurated by Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, Dr. P. K. Mishra.
Science & Technology:
TikTok vanishes from Google, Apple app stores after ban
- The Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court had asked the Tamil Nadu government to ban TikTok. As a Result, The Chinese video app TikTok is no longer available in Google and Apple app stores in India after the Madras High Court prohibited its downloads.
Lakes filled with liquid methane spotted on Saturn’s moon Titan
- Using data obtained by NASA’s Cassini spacecraft before that mission ended in 2017 with a deliberate plunge into Saturn, the scientists found that some of frigid Titan’s lakes of liquid hydrocarbons in this region are surprisingly deep while others may be shallow and seasonal.
Exercise SEA VIGIL
- The debrief of Exercise Sea Vigil was held on 16 Apr 19. The debrief was chaired by Vice Admiral MS Pawar. The maiden national level Coastal Defence Exercise SEA VIGIL was conducted by Indian Navy from 22-23 Jan 19.
Second Edition of Indian Navy-Vietnam Peoples’ Navy Bilateral Exercise Concludes
- Indian Navy undertook the second edition of the bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Vietnam Peoples’ Navy at/ off Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam from 13 to 16 Apr 19.
Himalayan Heights Motorcycle Expedition Reaches Karakoram Pass
- The 11 member ‘Himalayan Heights Motorcycle Expedition’ which was flagged off from Karu (Leh) on 07 April 2019 traversed the challenging terrain of Eastern Ladakh, across the Chang La pass and has reached the mighty ‘Karakoram Pass’ situated at an altitude of 18,176 feet on the Karakoram Ranges on 16 April 2019.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here