Daily Current Affairs 8th March 2023
Union Minister presented the 8th National Photography Awards
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Dr. L. Murugan presented a total of thirteen awards including 6 awards each in Professional and Amateur categories at the 8th National Photography Awards in New Delhi.
- The theme for professional category is “Life and Water” and for the amateur category “Cultural Heritage of India”.
The winners of the 8th National Photography Awards are:
|Lifetime Achievement Award||Ms. Sipra Das|
|Professional Photographer Award||Shri Sasi Kumar Ramachandran|
|Amateur Photographer of the Year Award||Sri Arun Saha|
Indian-origin woman sworn in as US District Chief Judge
- Tejas Mehtab has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Ayer District, Massachusetts, USA.
- Meha is currently serving as the First Officer of Ayer District Court.
Chief Ministers were sworn in Tripura-Meghalaya
- Manik Saha is all set to take office as Chief Minister for the second consecutive term after the BJP won 32 seats with 38.97 percent votes in the Tripura assembly polls.
- National People’s Party leader Conrad Sangma has been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya for the second consecutive term after winning 26 seats in the elections held in Meghalaya.
SS Dubey has taken charge as Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
- Civil Accounts Service officer SS Dubey has taken charge as Controller General of Accounts, the finance ministry said.
- Dubey has been sworn in as the 28th Accountant General of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
Trichy is the 2nd best performing airport in Asia.
- Trichy has been ranked 2nd in the list of the best performing airports in Asia last year in the International Airport Council survey.
- Trichy has flights to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, Sharjah, Colombo, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha.
16th-century hero stone sculpture found
- A hero stone sculpture was found in Karadikkal agricultural land near Tirumangalam in the Madurai district. 3 feet high, 2 feet wide, 12 cm. thick. It is carved in relief on a single slab of black stone.
- Based on the script of the inscription, it has been revealed that it belongs to the 16th century AD.
Mexican tennis champion
- Donna Vegich won the women’s singles title at the Tennis Series in Mexico.
- She has also won his first championship since 2021.
ATX Open Tennis Champion
- Martha Kostyuk won the women’s tennis title at the Austin Texas Open in the US. This is the first time Martha has won the ATX singles title.
- In the final, Marta won in straight sets 6-3, 7-5 against Varvara Kracheva of Russia and captured the trophy.
International Para Badminton
- The International Para Badminton Tournament was held in Spain. In this, India won 10 medals including 4 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze.
- Manisha Ramdas and Mandeep Kaur won gold in women’s singles, Chirak Pareda/Raj Kumar in women’s doubles and Manasi Joshi/Sandhya Viswanathan in mixed doubles.
International Women’s Day – March 8
- International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8, 2023. The theme for the year is: DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality.
Daily Current Affairs 8th March 2023 PDF Link