Central Government of India to constitute a committee to protect language, culture & land of Ladakh
Indian Government has planned to form a committee to protect the language, culture and land of Ladakh and ensuring citizen’s participation in the Union Territory’s development.
- The Committee will be headed by the Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy.
- This committee also includes elected representatives from Ladakh, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, and the Ladakh administration.
Japan to launch world’s first wood based satellite in 2023
Japan is developing the world’s first wood-based space satellite with an aim to reduce space debris
- This satellite project is undertaken by Japan’s Sumitomo Forestry company and Kyoto University.
- The government has planned to launch this wood based satellite in 2023
- Capital: Tokyo
- Prime Minister: Yoshihide Suga
India & France holds strategic dialogue in New Delhi, Indian delegation led by NSA Ajit Doval
India and France conducted their strategic dialogue in New Delhi. The last edition of the Strategic Dialogue was held in February 2020 in Paris
- At the dialogue, the Indian side will be led by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval. The French side will be represented by Emmanuel Bonne, diplomatic advisor to French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Capital: Paris
- President: Emmanuel Macron
Indian Government approves Central Sector Scheme worth Rs. 28400 for Industrial Development of J&K
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired cabinet has approved Central Sector Scheme for Industrial Development of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The main aim of this scheme is to generate employment in Jammu & Kashmir
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration announced this new industrial developmental scheme with a total outlay of Rs 28,400 crore.
MoUs & Agreements
Indian Air Force inks MoU with IDSR for officers to undertake doctoral research
Indian Air Force (IAF) which is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Institute of Defence Studies and Research (IDSR).
- Under this MoU, IAF officers can undertake Doctoral Research, Post-Graduate Programme and Post Graduate Diploma covering various areas of interest that includes Defence Studies, Defence Management.
About Indian Air Force:
- Founded: 8 October 1932
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
Khadi Village Industries signs MoU with ITBP to supply cotton khadi durries
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) signed an MoU with Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) which is the India’s primary border patrol organization for supply of 1,72,000 cotton durries every year.
- The total value of these durries is eight crore 74 lakh.
- The tenure of this agreement is one year
- Founded: 24 October 1962
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Justice Hima Kohli designated as first woman Chief Justice of Telangana High Court
Justice Hima Kohli has appointed as the first woman Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan has administered oath to her
- She was serving as the Executive Chairman of Delhi State Legal Services Authority. She also been a Member of National Law University Governing Council.
RBI gives license to Shivalik Bank to operate as a Small Finance Bank
Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB) received approval from The Reserve Bank of India to operate as a Small Finance Bank.
- After this approval, Shivalik Bank becomes India’s first urban co-operative bank to transition to SFB
- The RBI had given an 18-month timeline to start its operations.
About Shivalik Bank:
- MD & CEO – Suveer Kumar Gupta
- HQ: Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
GoI & NDB signs 2 agreements worth USD 646 million to improve Road Network in Andhra Pradesh
Government of India and New Development Bank has signed two loan agreements worth USD 646 million to upgrade State Highway Network and District Road Network in Andhra Pradesh.
- The projects would increase the road’s daily traffic capacity to 15,000 passenger car units.
- These units are expected to meet the projected traffic growth over the next 20 years.
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
- President: Marcos Prado Troyjo
Rankings & Reports
Union Health Ministry Longitudinal Ageing Study of India Report
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan has released the Longitudinal Ageing Study of India (LASI) Wave-1 Report.
- This report will be used to further strengthen and broaden the scope of National Programme for Health Care of elderly people
- This report was released virtually through virtual conferencing
World Bank forecasted India’s Economy at 9.6% in 2020-21
The World Bank has forecasted the Indian Economy at 9.6% in FY 2020-21. The Bank also estimates Growth to recover to 5.4 percent in 2021.
- As per the report, the global growth is estimated at 3.8 percent in 2022.
About World Bank:
- President: David Malpass
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- LASI is a full-scale national survey of scientific investigation of the health, economic, and social determinants and consequences of population ageing in India.
India & Isreal successfully test-fired Medium Range SAM air defense system
India and Isreal has test fired Medium Range Surface to Air Missile air defense system
- This missile was jointly developed by IAI and the DRDO, in partnership with other defence companies in Israel and India.
- This missile has ability to destroy enemy aircraft from a distance of 50 to 70 km.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
Khelo India Ice Hockey tournament starts in Chiktan, Kargil
Khelo India Ice Hockey Tournament has started in Chiktan, Kargil, Ladakh
- For the first time the women team of Chiktan also participated in the Khelo India Games in Kargil district.
- The tournament was inaugurated by SDM Shakar Chiktan and the Chief Guest of the event Kacho Asgar Ali khan
Hockey Player Michael Kindo passed away
Former Hockey Player and Olympics bronze winning team member Michael Kindo passed away. He was 73.
- Kindo was bestowed with the Arjuna Award in 1972.
- He is also a world cup winning team member
Former Cricketer Alan Burgess Passed Away
The world’s oldest living first class cricketer, Alan Burgess has passed away at the age of 100.
- He was a Former right-hand batsman and a left-arm off-spinner played matches from 1940 to 1952.
- After his dealth, India’s Raghunath Chandorkar is now the oldest first-class cricketer alive.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|
The Month wise current affairs is available in our examsdaily blog
Read CA Daily, Take Quiz to revise, Read NCERT Books to learn GK. NCERT Book PDF is available in our blog. You can make use of it.
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports