Daily Current Affairs 5th March 2023
Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman-2023
- In celebration of International Women’s Day, the President, Smt. Draupadi Murmu launched the Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman-2023 and launch of Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch The Rain -2023 in New Delhi (March 4, 2023).
- And also she launched the 4th series of Jal Shakti Abhiyan with the theme “SOURCE SUSTAINABILITY FOR DRINKING WATER”.
- Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman aims to celebrate the extraordinary contribution of women achievers/leaders in the water sector.
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched Yuva Utsava-India@2047 from IIT Robar, Punjab and also launched Yuva Utsava Dashboard.
- Minister said that in the first phase, Yuva Utsava will be held in 150 districts across the country by 31 March 2023 to celebrate youth power.
The theme of the Yuva Utsav is Pancha Pran:
- The goal of developed India
- Removing any trace of slavery or colonialism mindset
- Take pride in our heritage and legacy
- Unity and solidarity, and
- A Sense of duty among citizens.
Kazakhstan ranks 79th from 88th in the Global Soft Power index
- Astana Times reports that Kazakhstan is ranked 79th from 88th in 121 countries on the Global Soft Power Index-2023 offerings of the world’s best brand rating consulting company, Brand Finance.
- The ranking was released on March 2 at the Brand Finance’s Global Soft Power Conference in London.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Mexico has been signed.
- India and Mexico have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Research, Technology and Innovation Cooperation, focusing on many major technical areas such as Aerospace, Electronics Instrumentation & Strategic Sectors.
- The Memorandum of Understanding has revealed that CSIR and Mexican agencies can contribute effectively to the global community through the research and innovation of technology development.
Indian Railways plan to introduce Bharat Gaurav train towards Northeast
- Indian Railways is planning to run a tour called “North East Discovery: Beyond Guwahati” covering the northeastern states of India by Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC tourist train.
- Commencing on March 21, 2023 from Delhi’s Safdarjung Railway Station, the train service will cover Guwahati, Shivsagar, Jorhat & Kaziranga, Unakoti in Assam, Agartala & Udaipur in Tripura, Dimapur & Kohima in Nagaland and Shillong & Cherrapunji in Meghalaya for 15 days.
The first 200 meter long bamboo crash barrier has been installed in Maharashtra
- World’s first 200 meter long bamboo crash barrier “Bahu Palli ” has been installed on Vani-Warora highway, Vidarbh, Maharashtra.
- This bamboo crash prevention called Bahu Palli has been subjected to rigorous testing at government institutes like the National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX) at Pithampur, Indore.
Uttar Pradesh State has introduced ‘UP Rahi’ app
- With the aim of improving the state’s transport system, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was introduced the ‘Up Rahi’ app to ensure hassle-free bus.
- This app will allow passengers to booking online while sitting at home.
The book ‘India’s Vaccine Development Story – From Cowpox to Vaccine Maitri’ by Shri Sajjan Singh Yadav has been published.
- Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Mansukh Mandaviya released the book’ India’s Vaccine Growth Story – From Cowpox to Vaccine Maitrii’ by Shri Sajjan Singh Yadav,Additional Secretary to the Government of India at the 2023-World Book Fair at Pragati Maidan.
- The book describes India’s impressive achievements in developing, manufacturing and distributing Covid-19 vaccines.
World Obesity Day-2023
- World Obesity Day is observed every year on March 4 to promote practical solutions and help achieve and maintain a healthy weight when the right treatment is applied.
- This year’s theme is: Changing Perspectives: Let’s Talk About Obesity
National Safety Day -2023
- National Safety Day is celebrated on March 4 every year to raise awareness of security measures and ethics.
- The theme of National Safety Day -2023: Our AIM-Zero Harm.