Union AYUSH Ministry launches Consortia for Medicinal Plants
The Ministry of AYUSH has launched consortia for medicinal plants, envisaging the necessity of connectivity between stakeholders in the supply chain and value chain of medicinal plants.
- These consortia will address the Quality Planting Material, Research & Development, Cultivation, Trade of medicinal plants/market linkage etc.
- In the first phase, NMPB consortia is proposed for medicinal plant species – Ashwagandha, Pippali, Aonla, Guggulu, Satavari.
Country’s first indigenously developed Pneumococcal Vaccine launched
India’s first indigenously developed Pneumococcal Vaccine called Pneumosil.
- The vaccine was launched by the Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- This vaccine was unveiled by the Serum Institute of India The Serum Institute of India
- As per records, India accounts to 20% of pneumonia death in the world.
Central Investment Clearance Cell to be launched in April 2021
Central Investment Clearance Cell is to be launched by Indian Government on April 2021. This was announced by the government as an integral part of the single window system.
- This Cell will be set to ensure that an investor gets all the required information and clearances under one platform.
- The Single Window System is being worked out by Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
KVIC launches Monpa handmade paper making unit
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has recently launched the Monpa handmade paper making unit.
- The main of launching this unit is to increase the commercial productivity of paper produced based on Monpa technique
- The Monpa handmade paper is a thousand-year-old heritage and was revived with the new unit.
PM Narendra Modi launches India’s first driverless metro train in Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s first driverless metro virtually through online mode.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejirwal and DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh were also presented in the occasion
- The service will be available on Delhi Metro’s 38-km long Magenta Line which connects Janakpuri West in West Delhi to Botanical Garden in Noida.
38th District of Tamil Nadu inaugurated officially
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami inaugurated the 38th district of the state, Mayiladuthurai.
- The district has been seperated out from the Nagapattinam district.
- The chief minister had made the announcement on creation of the new district under rule 110
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Visakahapatnam Municipal Corporation ranks first in country
The Greater Vishakhapatnam Municipal Corporation was announced as the best performing municipal corporation in the country under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The award will be presented by the Union MOS for housing and urban affairs on January 1, 2021.
- Andhra Pradesh has secured the third position in the best performing State category
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Arya Rajendran becomes the youngest Mayor of India
Arya Rajendran, the 21-year-old college student was elected as the next mayor of state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
- She became the youngest person to occupy the post in the country.
- She won the civic body elections from Mudavanmugal ward of the city corporation, winning 2,872 votes
Cristiano Ronaldo wins player of century award
Cristiano Ronaldo was named player of the century at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.
The Award was presented to ronaldo by by HH Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Sports Council
Real Madrid was named Club of the Century, while Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola won the Coach of the Century title and Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski became Player of the Year for 2020.
Skyroot Aerospace successfully test fire solid-fueled rocket engine
Skyroot Aerospace became the First Indian company to test-fire an upper stage rocket engine
- The rocket engine will be tested at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) facilities before powering Vikram rockets by December 2021
- Kalam is a series of five solid-fueled rocket engines with a thrust ranging from 5kN to 1000kN
India & Vietnam conducts “passage exercise” in South China Sea
India and Vietnam concluded two-day passage exercise in South China Sea to boost maritime cooperation.
- The main objective of this exercise to Reinforcing maritime interoperability and jointness
- Vietnam is an important country of the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), has territorial disputes with China in the South China Sea region.
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
China launches remote sensing satellite named Yaogan-33
China has successfully launched a new remote sensing satellite into space. The satellite was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China
- The satellite, Yaogan-33, was launched aboard a Long March-4C rocket
- It was the 357th flight mission of the Long March carrier rocket series
Books & Authors
Union Minister launches a book named Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav
Union Minister of state for AYUSH and Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik released a Konkani book “Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav”, by Dr Roopa Chari
- The Books is published by Sanjana Publications. Dr. Roopa Chari is a well-known personality in Goa.
- This book will help aspiring youngsters, who wish to make a career in the field of Compering.
Ex Union Minister Kadambur R Janarthanan dies
Kadambur R. Janarthanan was a former union minister of India passed away. He was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1984.
- He was union Minister of State, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions with additional Charge of minister of State for Finance
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|
You have to concentrate on below mentioned topics
· Current Affairs
· General Science
· Sports Games
· Famous Personalities
Read Current Affairs Regularly. Go through Previous year Papers, Practice Quizzes, Take Mock Test, Take important Notes and Note down and learn the syllabus of NTPC which is available in our blog.
You have to study Last 6 months Current Affairs