Prime Minister Modi flags off 100th Kisan Rail from Maharashtra
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has flagged off from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal virtually through video conferencing.
About Kisan Rail:
- Kisan Rail, launched on August 2020, was started with the aim to help the farmers send perishable products to other states at a reduced rate of transportation.
- The Central Government has also extended a subsidy of 50% on the transportation of fruits and vegetables.
Union Home Minister unveils Arun Jaitley statue at Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
Union Minister for Home Affairs Amit Shah has unveiled Arun Jaitley statue at Arun Jaitley cricket stadium, formerly known as the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium on the 68th birth anniversary
- The statue is 6-foot long and costs Rs 15 lakh.
- Arun Jaitley was Former finance minister and DDCA president.
PM Modi unveils New Bhaupur- New Khurja section and the Operation Control Centre of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘New Bhaupur- New Khurja section’ of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) yhrough video conferencing.
- The PM also inaugurated EDFC’s Operation Control Centre (OCC) at Prayagraj.
- The 351 km New Bhaupur- New Khurja section of EDFC is situated in Uttar pradesh and is built at a cost of Rs 5,750 crores.
- The section will open new vistas of opportunity for the local industries.
‘INS Sindhuvir’ Submarine Formally Joins Myanmar Navy
Myanmar Navy formally commissioned Erstwhile India’s INS Sindhuvir submarine as UMS Minye Theinkhathu
- India had sent the 3,000-ton Soviet-era submarine to the Myanmar Navy two months ago as part of the Modi government’s Act East policy
- This is the first submarine in the Myanmar Navy’s arsenal.
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- President: Win Myint
Bihar State Government wins ‘Pandemic category’ Digital India Awards 2020
The Digital India Awards 2020 were announced for the year 2020. In the 2020 Digital India Awards, Bihar has won the award in the “Pandemic Category”. The Awards were presented by President Ram Nath Govind.
- It is the 6th edition of the Digital India Awards and 24 will be awarded in 7 categories this year.
- Digital India Awards are being given every two years since the year 2009. The awards were established by the National Portal of India.
- Capital: Patna
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
India’s First mega leather park to be established in Uttar Pradesh
Country’s First Mega leather park is to be launched in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The leather cluster will be built in Kanpur’s Ramaipur village across 235 acres at a cost of Rs 5,850 crore.
- The project is expected to generate around 50,000 employment opportunities and indirectly provide livelihood to almost 1,50,000 individuals.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow (Executive Branch)
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Rankings & Index
India secures 3rd spot in Nature Index Artificial Intelligence 2020
As per the Nature Index Artificial Intelligence 2020, India has secured third spot in the list of 25 countries with most publications on Artificial Intelligence.
- The Index is topped by China. China is followed by United States.
- The Report was released by Nature Research, International Scientific Publishing Company.
- Among the research organizations, India’s Anna University secured the 32nd Spot. The List is topped by Tsinghua University, China
India to replace UK as fifth largest economy in 2025, become third-largest by 2030
As per the report by the Centre for Economics and Business Research, Indian Economy will overtake the UK to become the fifth largest economy in 2025 and race to the third spot by 2030.
- The Report also states that India will become the world’s third largest economy by 2030, overtaking the UK in 2025, Germany in 2027 and Japan in 2030.
- Indian economy will expand by 9 percent in 2021, and another 7 percent in 2022.
- The annual GDP growth expected to sink to 5.8 percent in 2035.
Science & Technology
USA to have its first nuclear reactor on the moon
USA to set up its the first nuclear reactor on the moon by the end of 2026
- For this initiative, US Department of Energy in collaboration with NASA intends to solicit industry design proposals
- The main aim of this collaboration is to establish a flight hardware system that is ready for integrating with the lunar lander by 2026
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.,
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 1 October 1958
FIFA defers U-17 & U-20 World cups, To be played in 2023
FIFA which is a non-profit organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football has postponed Under 17 and Under 20 football world cups till 2023.
- This Decision was taken by FIFA due to ongoing COVID19 pandemic situation
- Indonesia will host the Under-20s World Cup and Peru will host the Under-17s World Cup as scheduled earlier.
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- Founded: 21 May 1904
ICC announces T20, ODI & Test Teams of the Decade
The International Cricket Council (ICC) which is the world governing body of cricket has announced the the T20I, ODI, and Test teams of the decade.
- As per the announcement, Former Indian team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been chosen as the Captain of both T20I and ODI team of the decade.
- Meanwhile Virat Kohli has been named the captain of the ICC Test Team of the Decade. Ravi Ashwin is the only other Indian in this list.
- Four Indian players in T20I team are namely MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Jasprit Bumrah.
- Three Indian players in the ODI team are namely MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, and Rohit Sharma.
Badminton player Nikita Khakimov banned for five years for betting
Russian doubles badminton player Nikita Khakimov has received a five-year ban for betting.
- Khakimov, 32, was part of the Russian men’s team that won the bronze medal at the 2020 European Team Championships.
- He banned for 5 years from badmintion for betting in European Teams Championships held in Feb. 2018.
Former WWE Wrestler Jon Huber Passes away
Wrestler Jonathan Huber, popularly known as Luke Harper, has passed away. He was 41
- He is a professional wrestler with both WWE and All Elite Wrestling who was best known under his ring names Brodie Lee and Luke Harper has passed away
Padma Shri awardee Dance Historian Sunil Kothari passes away
Padma Shri awardee dance historian and critic Sunil Kothari has passed away. He was 87.
- He won several awards including Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1995), the Padma Shri bestowed by the Government of India (2001) and the Life Time Achievement Award of the Dance Critics Association
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|
First You have to read daily current affairs. And then attend quiz daily to remember.
Secondly you have read weekly and monthly current affairs on regularly to get well versed in CA Section
How can I learn GK?
You have to cover following topics to learn GK:
Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Awards & Honors, Science, Indian & World History, Geography etc.
Read Current Affairs Regularly. Go through Previous year Papers, Practice Quizzes, Take Mock Test, Take important Notes and Note down and learn the syllabus of NTPC which is available in our blog.