Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches country’s first ever driverless train
Prime Minister of India launched India’s first-ever driverless train operations on Delhi Metro
- PM also launched the fully operational National Common Mobility Card service on the Airport Express Line
About National Common Mobility Card:
- The National Common Mobility Card will enable anyone carrying a RuPay-Debit Card issued from any part of the country to travel on the Airport Express Line using that card.
- This facility will become available on the entire Delhi Metro network by 2022.
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh launches E-Sampada web portal
Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the E-Sampada web portal and mobile app.
- He launches this web portal on the occasion of on Good Governance Day.
- This new web portal provides all information including allotment for over one lakh government residential accommodations, office space allotment to government organizations.
National Jal Jeevan Mission and DPIIT begins Innovation Challenge to develop Portable Devices to Test Drinking Water Quality
The Jal Jeevan Mission and the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade have launched an innovation challenge to develop portable devices for water testing.
- The main objective of this innovation challenge is to ensure that water sources are tested at various locations
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat PMJAY SEHAT scheme for all householder of Jammu Kashmir
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Ayushman Bharat PMJAY SEHAT scheme for the residents of Jammu Kashmir virtually through Video conferencing.
- Under this scheme the residents will get free treatment up to 5 lakh rupees
- About 6 lakh families of the state are getting the benefit of Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Gujarat to set up India’s First Lithium refinery
India’s first Lithium refinery will be set up in Gujarat.
- One of the country’s largest power trading and renewable energy companies Manikaran Power Limited, will be investing over Rs 1,000 crore to set up this refinery
- This company will import Lithium ore from Australia and will be processing in Gujarat.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 27 Highway Projects in Assam
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari inaugurated 27 Highway Projects in Assam.
- These projects are involving construction value of Rs. 2,366 crore. This Projects will improve connectivity at the borders, enhance employment opportunities.
- The minister also unveiled bronze statue of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
Punjab State government launches Mobile App and Web Portal named ‘PR Insight’
Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh launched Mobile Application and web portal called ‘PR Insight’ which is developed by Information & Public Relations Department.
- The main aim for launching this web portal and mobile app is to enhance the delivery of citizen centric services, based upon the feedback of its citizens on government policies.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh
Madhya Pradesh cabinet gives approval to Religious Freedom Bill 2020
The Madhya Pradesh State Cabinet has approved Religious Freedom Bill 2020. This bill will replace the Religious Freedom Act of 1968
- This bill provides prison term of up to 10 years and fine of Rs.1 lakh for conversion through marriage
- After the approval by the Cabinet, the bill will now be presented in the state Assembly.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Kamaladevi NIF Book Prize for 2020 won by Ex Union Minister Jairam Ramesh & US Academician Amit Ahuja
Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh and U.S.-based academician Amit Ahuja jointly won the Kamaladevi NIF Book Prize for the year 2020.
- Jairam Ramesh won the prize for ‘A Chequered Brilliance: The Many Lives of VK Krishna Menon’.
- Amit Ahuja won this award for for his book ‘Mobilizing the Marginalized: Ethnic Parties without Ethnic Movements’.
Fintech company PayU partnered with Google pay to launch tokenized payments for merchants
PayU, a Fintech company which provides payment technology to online merchants has partnered with Google pay to unveil tokenized payments for merchants.
- Under this partnership, PayU’s merchants can offer Google Pay users the option to use their debit cards, credit cards, or Google Pay UPI to make repeated payments without sharing card details.
- Founded: 2006
- CEO: Laurent le Moal
US Development Finance Corporation to invest 54 million dollars in India
The United State’s Development Finance Corporation (DFC) will invest USD 54 million in equity for the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) in India to support the development of critical infrastructure projects.
About National Investment and Infrastructure Fund:
National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first infrastructure specific investment fund or a sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India.
- MD & CEO: Sujoy Bose
- Founded: 2015
Books & Authors
Book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan’ released
Nobel Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi’s new book named ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat Aur Samadhan’ released.
- This book has been released by former Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh.
- This book is published by Prabhat Prakashan.
Former England batsman John Edrich dies
The former England and Surrey batsman John Edrich has passed away. He was 83.
- Edrich was played 77 test matches for England, and scored more than 5,000 runs, spanning 13 years between 1963 and 1976.
- He scored 103 centuries in a career that saw him captain Surrey for five seasons in the 1970s, He was retired in 1978.
Popular Urdu poet Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passes away
Urdu Writer Shamsur Rahman Faruqi has passed away at the age of 85. Indian Government conferred Padma Shri award to him in 2009.
- He is a recipient of Sahitya Akademi, Saraswati Samman. In 1966, he founded ‘Shabkhoon’, a magazine that he edited for four decades.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them
You have to study at least 6 months current affairs