FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches “Union Budget Mobile App”
Finane Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman, has launched the “Union Budget Mobile App” ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget on February 1, 2021.
- The main aim of launching this app for doing trouble-free access of Budget-related documents by Members of Parliament (MPs) and the public due to COVID19 situation.
About Finance Ministry:
- Union Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of State: Anurag Singh Thakur
India’s largest public awareness campaign “AYU SAMVAD” launched
All India Institute of Ayurveda New Delhi organized the “AYU SAMVAD” (My Health My Responsibility) campaign. This campaign is one of the largest public awareness campaign program.
- The main aim of this campaign is to create awareness through Lecture series to make common people aware about the theme “Ayurveda for COVID 19 Pandemic”.
- This campaign is supported by Ministry of AYUSH
About AYUSH Ministry:
- Union Minister: Shripad Yesso Naik
Election Commission of India introduces Digital Voter-ID Cards
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has introduced the Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card (e-EPIC) programme on the occasion of National Voter’s Day.
- The National Voter’s Day is celebrated every year on 25th
- This Digital ID is being implemented in 5 state for its upcoming elections. Those states are Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurates Bharat Parv 2021
Speaker of Lok Sabha Om Birla has inaugurated Bharat Parv 2021.
- The annual event Bharat Parv is being organised on a Virtual platform bharatparv2021.com from 26 Jan to 31 Jan 2021
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organizes Bharat Parv every year since 2016
Union Home Minister inaugurates 69th Plenary Meeting of North Eastern Council
The Union Home Minister, Amit Shah has inaugurated the 69th Plenary Meeting of the North Eastern Council (NEC).
- The two-day NEC Plenary focused on all-round developmental plans for the North-Eastern Region.
- The discussions were held on the various projects that have been implemented in the region
About Union Home Ministry:
- Union Minister: Amit Shah
- Minister of State: G. Kishan Reddy
India to conduct Indian Ocean Region Defence Minister’s Conclave
India will be hosted Indian Ocean Region Defence Minister’s Conclave this year.
- This conclave will be hosted during the the Aero India air show in Bengaluru on February 4.
- The theme of the IOR defence ministers conclave is ‘Enhanced Peace, Security, and Cooperation in the Indian Ocean’.
Maharashtra Government to start ‘Jail Tourism’
Maharashtra Government will start ‘jail tourism’ from the Yerawada prison of Pune.
- It will start on January 26, 2021.
- This initiative is being launched in the state with the aim of facilitating the people to visit and see the historical prisons in the state.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Uttar Pradesh launches ‘Udyam Sarathi App’ for Youths
Uttar Pradesh state government has launched ‘Udyam Sarathi App’ for Youths.
- Using this app Job seekers can get every information related to self-employment and the job industry, across the state.
- It has been launched under the One District One Product (ODOP) scheme.
- This app was launched on the Uttar Pradesh state foundation day i.e 24.01.2021
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Awards & Honors
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2021 – 32 Children Awarded
- In 2021 32 children have been awarded the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar.
- The Government of India has been giving this award to the children with outstanding accomplishments, in the fields of innovation, scholastics, sports, arts & culture, social service and bravery.
- The awardee children are from 32 districts of 21 States/UTs.
- Innovation – 9
- Sports – 7
- Bravery – 3
- Social Service 1
- Art & Culture – 7
- Scholastic achievements – 5
Ranking & Index
Global Climate Risk Index 2021 Released – India secures 7th Spot
Bonn-based environmental think tank Germanwatch has released Global Climate Risk Index 2021. As per the Index India ranked as the seventh worst-hit country in terms of climate change in 2019.
The Top 3 countries in 2019:
The Top 3 countries in last 20 years:
Indian Navy Conducts Joint Exercise named “AMPHEX – 21” with Army and Air Force
Indian Navy has conducted A large-scale tri-service joint amphibious exercise AMPHEX – 21
- This exercise was conducted in Andaman & Nicobar group of islands from 21 – 25 Jan 2021.
- The exercise was aimed at validating India’s capabilities to safeguard the territorial integrity of it’s island territories.
About Indian Navy:
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS): Vice Admiral G. Ashok Kumar
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
SpaceX launches 143 satellites on single rocket, beats ISRO’s Record
Elon Musk’s SpaceX has created a new record by launching 143 satellites into space.
- SpaceX has beaten the Indian space agency ISRO’s record of deploying 104 satellites in a single launch in February 2017.
- The launch vehicle for the SpaceX flight was the Falcon 9 rocket
- CEO: Elon Musk
- Founded: 6 May 2002
ITBP Wins IHAI National Ice Hockey Championship 2021 in Gulmarg
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has won the 10th National Ice Hockey Championship trophy.
- The ITBP defeated Ladakh team
- This championship was organized by Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) in Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir
Yonex Thailand Open badminton 2021 concludes: Carolina Marin, Viktor Axelsen win singles titles
The Yonex Thailand Open badminton 2021 has concluded in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Spain’s Carolina Marin beat Tai Tzu-ying in the final to win the women’s singles title
- Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) won men’s singles title by beating Hans-Kristian Solberg Vittinghus (Denmark)
Here’s winners list:
|Men’s Singles||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)||Angus Long (Hong kong)|
|Women’s Singles||Carolina Marin (Spain)||Tai Tzu Ying (Taiwan)|
|Men’s Double||Lee Yang & Wang Chi Lin (Taiwan)||Goh V Shem & Tan Wee Kiong (Malaysia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Greysia Polii & Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia)||Jongkolphan Kititharakul & Rawinda Prajongjai (Thailand)|
|Mixed Doubles||Dechapol Puavaranukroh & Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Thailand)||Praveen Jordan & Malati Daeva Oktavianti (Malaysia)|
International Customs Day is celebrated on 26 January
Every year on January 26th, International Customs Day recognizes celebrated.
- This day remembers the role of custom officials and agencies in maintaining the flow of goods across the world’s borders.
- The Customs Cooperation Council (CCC) held its inaugural session on January 26th, 1953.
First You have to read daily current affairs. And then attend quiz daily to remember.
Secondly you have read weekly and monthly current affairs on regularly to get well versed in CA Section
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
You have to study at least 6 months current affairs