Union Health Minister inaugurates MASCRADE 2021
The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the seventh edition of “MASCRADE 2021”. MASCRADE is Movement against Smuggled and Counterfeit Trade. It is organised by FICCI.
- MASCRADE is an event to discuss actionable, innovative policy solutions that can reverse the rising tide of counterfeit, smuggled and spurious products.
- Founded: 1927
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Food Processing Ministry organizes First Virtual Expo for R&D in Processed Food Sector
The Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries has conducted the first virtual Expo for research and development in the field of processed food.
- The Expo will showcase various R&D Projects that are supported by the Ministry of premier Food Technology Institutions of India.
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries:
- Union Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of State: Rameswar Teli
India provides 1 million doses of COVID vaccine to Nepal under ‘Vaccine Maitri’ Initiative
India sent over 1 million doses of a COVID vaccine to Nepal as a gift under the ‘Vaccine Maitri’ Initiative.
- ‘Vaccine Maitri’ is a government launched programme, Under this programme, India starts rolling out COVID vaccines to its neighbours
- India had sent 150,000 doses of ‘Covisheild’ vaccines to Bhutan and 100,000 doses to the Maldives.
- President: Bidya Devi Bhandari
- Capital: Kathmandu
Tribal Affairs Ministry and Goa Government launches Shramshakti Digital Data Solution for Migrants workers
Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Goa Government has launched ShramShakti, a National Migration Support Portaland Shram-Saathi
- This is a training manual for migrant workers. This will facilitate and support approximately 4 lacs migrant workers.
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has also launched dedicated Migration cell in Goa.
- Chief minister: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Uttarakhand CM to launch first child-friendly police station in the State
Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat will inaugurate the first child-friendly police station on the recommendation of the Child Protection Committee of Uttarakhand
- The objective for launching this police station is to provide a friendly environment to children associated with crimes.
- The child friendly police unit has been set up in the Dalanwala police station with a budget of about Rs five lakhs on the recommendation of the Child Protection Committee of Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
Power Grid Corporation signs agreement with Himachal Pradesh to improve telecom sector
Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited has signed agreement with Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Ltd (HPSEBL) to improve telecom sector in the state.
- Under this agreement POWERGRID will use 500 km of optical ground wire (OPGW) telecom network
- This total 850 km long telecom network will enable Power Grid Telecom to reach remote areas of Kangra, Una, Mandi, Kullu, etc
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Chief Minister : Jairam Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya
Telangana announces implement 10 per cent quota for EWS
The Telangana government will implement 10 percent reservation to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in the state.
- It was in 2019 that the Centre had announced 10 per cent quota for EWS. But now the state government officially announced the quota for EWS
- The state government has already implemented SC,ST and BCs.
- Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Axis Bank unveils Aura Credit Card with health, wellness benefits for customers
Axis Bank Aura Credit Card with several benefits including health, wellness benefits for its customers
- Through this credit card, Cardholders will get a discount on annual medical checkup through IndushealthPlus.
- Axis Bank has partnered with Poshvine to offer benefits
About Axis Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD and CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry.
RBI imposes Rs 2 cr penalty on Standard Chartered Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 2 crore on Standard Chartered BankIndia for delays in reporting of frauds to it.
- The penalty directions has been contained in ‘Reserve Bank of India (Frauds – Classification and Reporting by commercial banks and select FIs) Directions 2016’.
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
MoUs & Agreements
MoU inked for continuation of MoRTH Professorial Chair at IIT Roorkee
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Roorkee have signed a MoU for continuation of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Professorial Chair.
- This MoU focuses on research and development, teaching and training in the area of Development of Highway Infrastructure.
- This MoU will strengthen Research and Development activities in Road Sector
About Road Transport & Highways Ministry:
- Union Minister: Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Minister of State: V.K. Singh
Indian army signs MoU with SIDM in the field of Innovation Partnership
Indian Army and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) have signed MoU to boost indigenization and Innovation Partnership
- The main objective of this MoU is to achieve strategic independence by reducing dependence on foreign origin equipment.
- This MoU was signed under Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’
About Indian Army:
- Founded: 1 April 1895, India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Ranking & Index
16th The Global Risks Report 2021 released by WEF
The World Economic Forum (WEF) has released the 16th Edition of Global Risks Report 2021. The report is based on the Global Risks Perception Survey (GRPS) Data.
- As per the Report, In 2020, Infectious diseases were ranked 10th in the list of most critical threats.
- The report has stated the Global Communities to draw lessons from the responses to COVID-19 to boost the Global Resilience in future.
- Founder and Executive Chairman: Klaus Schwab.
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland.
Siddhartha Mohanty appointed as new MD of LIC
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Siddhartha Mohanty (CEO) LIC Housing Finance, for the position of one of the four managing directors of the Life Insurance Corporation. He will succeed TC Suseel Kumar
He will assume charge with effect from February 1, 2021, till his superannuation on June 30, 2023.
The Four Managing Directors are:
- TC Suseel Kumar
- Vipin Anand
- Mukesh Kumar Gupta
- Raj Kumar
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- Founded: 1 September 1956
HAL successfully test fired Smart Anti Airfield Weapon
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has recently successfully test-fired SAAW (Smart Anti Airfield Weapon).
- The weapon was test-fired from the Hawk-i aircraft off the Odisha coast
- It is the first smart weapon that has been test-fired from an Indian Hawk-Mk132.
Vetetan Actor Unnikrishnan Namboothiri passes away
Veteran Malayalam actor Unnikrishnan Namboothiri has passed away. He was 98
- Unnikrishnan Namboothiri made his acting debut with Desadanam 1996.
- He played a pivotal role in Kamal Haasan’s hit comedy-drama, Pammal K Sambandam.
- He was also known for movies like Kaikudunna Nilavu (1998), Kaliyattam (1997).
Current affairs is a genre of broadcast journalism. This differs from regular news broadcasts which place highlights on news reports
Always be on track. Never miss reading current affairs more than 2 weeks.
Always discuss current affairs with other aspirants.
Take Quiz to revise topics that you already covered
Follow our examsdaily site and stay updated and make a note of all the important issues happening internationally and nationally as you might need to re – read them